CIBC logo
CIBC

CIBC

CIBC Employee Review

Transition masked by purposeless focus

Workplace culture allures you into a false sense of a positive environment. Management has managed to create an internal toxic environment with a poor understanding of their own methodologies . Poor training, lack of experienced managers favoured in old boys school tradition buried in what appears to be an elementary school children environment and mentality. If you are a professional with a high level of expertise not a great place work. Extreme ageism practiced by the old boys club and the woman who act like them. Truly one of the saddest places I have ever worked. To work with purpose is what they tell you when they themselves work with one purpose in mind. Discrimination against contingent works and any and all subordinates. All the 5's and 4's on this site are most likely people who are involved in this type of behaviour and see nothing wrong with it. Shame on you CIBC. People work elsewhere and put your money under your mattress it is the safest place for it and you.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, lack of training and discriminatory practices.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Worst HR ever seen

Find a job somewhere else. No chance to move internally. HR person could turn around to make himself as an IT manager. Can you imagine an HR staff could make himself an manager?
Same roleSame location

Benefits of the workplace and being an employee

CIBC has been a great company to work for, I have been with this company for over 7 years. As an employee you recieved employee banking benefits, health benefits and pension which are good.
Same location

Leaders lead by example

After working here for almost 5 years, I wanna say, if I ever become a boss I wanna be a boss like my bosses. The colleagues are also very helpful.This place is amazing.

Pros

Great managers and colleagues

Cons

Long sitting hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K
1.2K

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare CIBC with

• CIBC
  • Transition masked by purposeless focus