CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Stressful but fruitful

23 July 2020
High paced very sales oriented roles can be stressful if not managed and handled properly. Very sensitive situations can happen from smallest lf things.
4.0Job security/advancement
30 June 2020
Same role
Mobile Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) - Coquitlam, BC
CIBC is a fast-paced company to work. Employees need to work effectively in a competetive area. Sales are very important and target-based appraisal can help anybody to move fast.
22 June 2020
Same role
MORTGAGE ADVISOR (Current Employee) - Victoria, BC
Learned a lot about banking, finances, and corporate environment. Lots of training resources, but not as much coaching as there could be. I found that the high turnover of branch staff led to most of my job dissatisfaction. The fact that we were constantly training new hires, also meant that the higher level servicing tasks fell to the longest tenured employee. It was difficult to maintain sales excellence while also doing more than your fair share of non-revenue generating tasks. That said, I have been out of the branch environment for 4 years. I very much have enjoyed working in the Mobile Advice channel.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
high turnover and understaffing
3 May 2021
Same location
Représentant de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
In general it is very good place to work. But it depends what is your position and time you should work. Sometimes they dont have enough employee and you should work more than usual.
  1. Stressful but fruitful