CIBC logo
Happiness score is 60 out of 100Below average

CIBC

CIBC Employee Review

Pretty Bad Experience

In my time at CIBC, I was promised a lot of advancement and that their employees were very well taken care of. They set unreasonably high targets for sales that I had to push onto POOR people. Imagine having to shove a credit card down the throat of an elderly gentleman who is already 20k in debt. Because I had no heart for that offer, the system that carefully tracks your referrals has flagged me. Believe me when I tell you that working at a bank only looks fancy because you're in a suit... They try to hype up their employees just to get them motivated to sell, sell, sell. They don't really care. Oh and a 5 cent increase per year to your salary?! Also, try balancing a huge amount of cash. If you don't balance by more than 5$, chances are you're staying, even if its 2 hours UNPAID. This happens very often. Lastly, they train you online, by showing some sketchy videos and multiple choice answers. When the real deal comes and you aren't aware of certain procedures because you WERE NOT trained for them, they fire you. FOR SIMPLE SMALL MISTAKES.

Pros

You wear a suit

Cons

Long standing hours, force you to sell or you're out, outdates programs and computers

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Wonderful people to work for if you enjoy working sith the public

The only down fall to CIBC is they can not guarantee hours. 15 hours won't pay many bills no matter what the pay is. They really are a wonderful company to work for.

Pros

Constant training and encourgememt

Cons

Not enough hours
Same role

Disappointing

The experience was a let-down, after being built-up. You either get the world, or the door. Depends on your co-workers, just like a lot of places. If things are done right from the start, everyone succeeds.

Pros

Benefits & perks if they keep you on.

Cons

Lack of proper training and time to learn the job.
Same location

Productif

Environnement du travail est formidable j’ai travaillé avec plusieurs collègues que jai beaucoup apprécié de travailler avec.

Pros

Évolution professionnelle et expérience magnifique

Cons

N/B

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K