CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

not a bad place

11 July 2020
was a great place to work until some management chances. Then the micromanagement started and has become a bit of a stressful place to be at. Other than that not to bad.
3.0Job security/advancement
26 February 2021
Same role
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
You are just a number to drive sales...they don't care if you have covid or anything else...tick the boxes...makes sure the bs metrics add up. If you like micromanagement..you'll love CIBC.
Pros
Cons
Everythin
7 November 2020
Same role
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) - Ontario
Financial advisor at a branch - the worst job I've ever had in my life. intense pressure, micro-management, low pay, constantly being asked to do additional activity and meaningless tasks which prevent ability to provide client advice, impossible targets, archaic disparate internal systems that impede ability to deliver client solutions, mediocre management, always short-staffed.
Pros
Free banking?
3 February 2019
Same location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Red Deer, AB
My question for you is, have you looked at someone or talked to someone who has worked at your profession 10, 20, 30 years longer than you. Would you trade their whole life for yours (finances, relationship, family, well-being)? When I looked at the bank people were just as miserable as I was but they had been so for YEARS. A coworker of mine wanted to leave so badly but they were so close to getting their pension that they were were stuck there another handful of years. I refused to be STUCK. Someone who's been there longer than you, that's where you are likely to end up. You're a product of your environment and when you spend most of your time at a job instead of with the people who matter most you start picking up their mannerisms and habits.you dont think you will, but you do. I had started to work at the bank because I wanted to work my way up, to help people, to help them reach their goals, and help them budget to do so. I found out about 6 months in, while progressing my learning to move up just how sales focused instead of customer focused they were. I became miserable and it affected my relationship because I would always be complaining. And for someone who values their family, time, and well-being I needed to leave as helping people is not what this job was. Some of my coworkers were great people, but at the end of the day it was about how they pay their Bill's, and earn their paycheck. Which means selling customers things 1. They didn't come in for 2. They don't need 3. They shouldn't have. Selling credit cards as a teller I was told I at least have to tell the - more...
Pros
Co-workers, some clients, 3 weeks paid vacation, benefits
Cons
Some clients, management, only 3 weeks paid vacation to start, salary, sales pressure