CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Nice staff. Good morale.

20 October 2017
Working with Realtors, Builders, Branch staff etc to obtain new mortgage clients. I learned a new computer program used to submit mortgage applications. Management was very supportive. Mortgage Specialists worked from home with some access to branch office space. 100% commission could prove to be challenging if you did not budget properly or if there was a lull in the market. CIBC's computer systems were somewhat dated . Enjoyed the customer contact and helping clients realize their dreams.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Computer system
23 January 2021
Same role
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) - Brant, ON
Corrupt business practices. Corrupt management. The company will easily promote but the lack of on the job support is horrendous. The way they structure their salaries and commissions is muddy at best.
16 March 2020
Same role
Mortgage Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) - CA
In my Opinion CIBC is not a work place I would recommend to anyone that values their mental health. There is way too much of stress and even more politics within the company ; you only get promoted based on who you know or how much you do for management whenever they ask. God forbid you have an opinion or stand up for anyone or do/say anything that is correct but not what they want to hear, they will find a way to get rid of you. Kindly note that this is my experience with this company and my honest opinion.
10 March 2020
Same location
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Just another bank. Focus on calls and sales. Work life balance is okay. Salaries are too low, expectations too high. Easy to get in, hard to build a career.
  1. Nice staff. Good morale.