CIBC logo
Happiness score is 58 out of 100Below average

CIBC

CIBC Employee Review

It is fun place to work

Our colleagues are really nice, we becomes real life time friends, we could get enough support from backup office. Managers are able to coaching. CIBC is my first official place to work, it educate me a lot and give myself opportunity to reach my career goals. I have learn lots from customer service to senior account manager as branch manager backup.My branch is like a family everyone is so so nice. The hardest part of my job is distance from home to work now,long commute

Pros

give opportunity for employees to grow

Cons

System is out-dated

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Challenging and rewarding

CIBC is a complex organization, matrix managed - so relationships and the ability to influence is important. It is always looking at ways to improve performance, contribution, and customer satisfaction. The collections team in Vancouver is highly skilled and performs well. It is a supportive team that works to help everyone succeed. Part of that strength comes from the diversity within. The hardest part of the job is ensuring a collaborative effort and focus exists nationally. It is challenging with regional offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal and the competitive approach that is encouraged. The most gratifying/enjoyable part of the job - is the success - having a positive impact on the receivables portfolio through the diligence and hard work required to find the best solutions for the customer and bank.

Pros

Strong team environment, salary and flexible benefits

Cons

Its a large organization, change is difficult
Same location

Competetive workplace

CIBC is a fast-paced company to work. Employees need to work effectively in a competetive area. Sales are very important and target-based appraisal can help anybody to move fast.
Same location

ordinary employee

same as all bank, challenge in creative management method, revolution needed in the digital environment. Working in the retail branch, daily work focus on customer service and financial solution advise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K
1.2K

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare CIBC with

• CIBC
  • It is fun place to work