CIBC logo
CIBC

CIBC

CIBC Employee Review

I was usually rated 8 out of 10

I was responsible for the work flow of 4 different areas and the work flowed from each department to the next from 6 pm until 2 am. I usually started my shift from 10 pm until 6 am but if there were issues before my shift started, I was brought up to date by a staff member or my supervisor. The most difficult past of the job was when the system went down and we had such strict deadlines. I did not want excuses for system problems I just wanted it fixed. Because of this issue, my patience was tested many times. The most enjoyable was just sitting at my computer and being short staffed and knowing that I had to balance and make the service level agreement of 99.9%. I found that a challenge and I always enjoyed a challenge. To motivate staff I would challenge them and sometimes it worked but not always.

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Expecting others to be as dedicated as I was

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great job for students

I learned how to use a point of sale and improved my customer service skills.I then advanced to managing schedules, marketing materials placement and much more.
Same location

Sales pressure. Politics.

Unprofessional behaviour of manager. You’re treated well when you suck up to the managers. Manager rude to and in front of clients. Even some csr’s show pouty faces to clients but no one is there to correct the behaviour. Colleagues act like they’re your friends but they backstab you the minute your back is turned to them. Partisan behaviour.

Pros

Some Benefits

Cons

Fast paced. Low pay. High stress.
Same location

Job sucks but the benefits are good.

CSR jobs are all quickly becoming part time 10-18hrs/wk...being replaced by digital options. Computer systems up and down all the time makes doing job hard and effects customer experience. Large part of a shift is spent reporting digital theft/fraud. Customers can be demanding and rude. No support from management, they don’t really see clients anymore either unless there is a huge problem.

Benefits

Cons

Pay/ management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K