CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Horrible

18 June 2020
Working at CIBC is HORRIBLE. Right out of the gates, it takes a couple months to start working once you've been hired. Then their training program is a joke. They push you through is as fast as possible, and throw you to the wolves to get chewed up and spit out. Clients scream at employees all day - everyday. Once again, I'll blame this on the training program leaving everybody to be incompetent. There is never any staff at locations, because everyone quits!!! And because everyone quits there is way to much work to do with no staff. This is what I was told when I started working a bunch of overtime, in order to complete my work.... "If you come in early, or stay late you cannot put in the overtime hours. Legally we have to pay you, but if you claim it then we won't let you stay". SO, not only am i trying to to the job for 3 employees (and I'm getting the same god awful pay), but not I'm not allowed to claim the overtime. They would rather sacrifice the clients and employees happiness, then spare a few extra dollars from the billions they make.
1.0Job security/advancement
8 February 2021
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) - Regina, SK
If you thrive in a fast paced corporate environment, this is the place for you. But you get to meet great colleagues from different cultures and you can even get motivated to put in your best depending on your personality.
Pros
Diverse workplace
Cons
Fast paced
5 February 2021
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Give it asecond thought.too much sales pressure with poor training. Unrealistic targets and goals.The pay and benefits do not worth all the pressure. Managers bully you if you can’t meet your targets and favouritism rules.
30 January 2021
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) - Fort McMurray, AB
They treat you bad. Not appreciated. They play you guys up against each other. Management wasn’t great either. They discuss private info with others