CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

fun place to work with other co workers

7 December 2019
its a shift work including Saturday, take inbound calls, assist mortgage advisers , Lawyers and bank employees regarding mortgages processing, underwriting and funding
2.0Job security/advancement
23 January 2021
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) - Brant, ON
Corrupt business practices. Corrupt management. The company will easily promote but the lack of on the job support is horrendous. The way they structure their salaries and commissions is muddy at best.
16 March 2020
Mortgage Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) - CA
In my Opinion CIBC is not a work place I would recommend to anyone that values their mental health. There is way too much of stress and even more politics within the company ; you only get promoted based on who you know or how much you do for management whenever they ask. God forbid you have an opinion or stand up for anyone or do/say anything that is correct but not what they want to hear, they will find a way to get rid of you. Kindly note that this is my experience with this company and my honest opinion.
27 November 2019
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
I wouldn't know where to start. The back office is absolutely by far the worst. Imagine a system that doesn't work from a technology stand point, and that acts as a disincentive for collaboration and sales. Have it? Great, you almost understand the daily pain of being a CIBC employee. Management is disorganised, business units do not cooperate, in fact they compete for sales targets. After 8 months or so, I asked for vacation for a honey moon, my boss fired me a week later with severance; with the explanation that her team didn't take vacations until they make a million.... so I'm not exactly sure how anyone got time off. That said the mandatory counselling and free cab ride home was cool.
  1. fun place to work with other co workers