CIBC logo
CIBC

CIBC

CIBC Employee Review

fifteen hours per week

I provided support for Small Business Manager of High Value clients with their everyday banking needs. I met with her and was instructed which clients were in need of assistance and how to best meet their needs. I processed the DOL report, renewed investments as needed, processed telephone and wire transfers, both Canadian and US currency,I booked my managers appointments and ensured she had the appropriate paperwork to meet clients needs. I learned so much at this job, but was only guaranteed a set amount of hours per week.

Pros

benefits

Cons

not enough hours

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Competitive vibe and huge expectations

Wages are descent in the upper level but the front line staff, first face to face with customers and the referral of potential business staff should be given more training, respected and valued more and definitely paid more.

Pros

Room for advancement

Cons

stressful and competitive environment
Same role

Has great benefits but you need to be able to self learn

The company has excellent benefits and you need to be sure to take advantage of them all as they will definitely increase your earnings. It is a very fast paced environment and you need to be comfortable learning on your own as you can never learn or remember all the information you will need to do your job so it is a continual process.

Financial Service Associate for small Business

All in all Cibc, was a great place to work and move up the ladder, until I was promoted to a FSA, the one Advisor was not nice, not flexible, not helpful, critical and was not looking out for me in any way shape or form. It made me look elsewhere for work, and once I got the opportunity to leave, I took it. But I really missed my other position out of the 10 years I was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K