CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Draining

13 September 2020
Nice place to work at if you want an office type of job, but the management isn’t as good as how i expected them to be. Also, they dont give as much importance to employees who are hired thru agencies and kinda treat us as disposable, so this made me regret so much about my decisions of working for this company.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
Spontaneous extending of hours
22 August 2019
Same role
Verification clerk (Current Employee) - Dartmouth, NS
I have been there for almost 7 years. Great people to work with and they offer great benefits and fair pay to their employees. Only down fall is can only get part-time hours.
24 June 2018
Same role
Clearing Clerk (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
It was a pleasant work environment. Although would have preferred if there was more room for opportunity growth for contract/temp employees, overall had a positive experience.
26 November 2020
Same location
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) - Victoria, BC
Corp-speak is that CIBC no longer has managers, only leaders. However, leaders are notoriously rare; managers are ubiquitous. I had one leader in the years I worked there; all the rest were managers. Just one example of the difference. The leader to whom I referred would stop, no matter how busy he/she was to ask, and meant it, how are you doing? Can I help? Managers only stop to berate; leaders stop because they care.Hypocrisy. It is said that CIBC cares for its clients, deeply. However ‘caring’ only extends to how many $$ you are worth. For example, the time one must spend to help elderly people who are confused, persons who are angry or the time to input data about POAs and estates (and other such necessary work) is not countable in the numbers BECAUSE THEY DO NOT MAKE REVENUE. The longer a manager has been away from the computer-driven work-life being done by those they say they are leading, the further their knowledge deficit grows. Their narrowed knowledge then allows them to justify piling up workloads on the basis of alleged scientific metrics. And their bonuses and much higher wages encourage them as managers, not leaders.
Pros
benefits: once you retire, if you or your spouse get critically ill or die before retirement
Cons
Many managers, few leaders.