CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Credit Counsellor

10 September 2016
Developed my management skills which are transferable to the legal field. Working as a credit counselor for CIBC gave me great exposure to the client oriented service. I have been passionate about the operational excellence and client experience leading to profitable growth. Client account management, conflict resolution, and negotiated settlements are some of my strong assets. Solutions included referring clients for in-house debt-consolidation based on their financial capacity assessment. This had a manifold impact, both to the bank and to their clients: bank losses were reduced, clients were retained within the bank, and client-credit was rehabilitated.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sitting job 8 hours long
29 April 2021
Same role
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) - 750 Lawrence Avenue, Toronto ON
The lack of a consistent management as manager was always absent. Staff was left most days in managed. Had to depend on a backup system that was not always available to team.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Stressful environment at times
1 March 2021
Same role
Credit Counsellor (Former Employee) - North York, ON
CIBC has been the worst place to work at. Especially their department called Client Account Management (CAM) at 750 Lawerence W. Extreme Favouritism and not a single team building activity. Managers and higher management go out together after work, so if you ever feel that you're being treated unfairly, no point in speaking out because "NO ONE CARES". They will find something wrong against you sooner or later, so if you are not in their good books, then it doesn't matter how you perform. You will always be treated unfairly. Managers have no team skill, they promote people who they like and it has nothing to do with your performance. The worst corporate culture ever. This is for CAM department only, not sure about other places.
Pros
Benefits, unpaid vacation days
Cons
Worst Management, Toxic Culture
23 January 2021
Same location
Learning Designer (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
I had a 47 year career with CIBC. There were many opportunities for me to advance my career starting with my experience at the branch level and continuing with VISA centre where I was so fortunate to be involved in so many aspects of CIBC.
  1. Credit Counsellor