CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Competitive vibe and huge expectations

14 August 2020
Wages are descent in the upper level but the front line staff, first face to face with customers and the referral of potential business staff should be given more training, respected and valued more and definitely paid more.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
stressful and competitive environment
12 March 2020
Same role
Financial Service Associate (FSA) (Former Employee) - Thompson, MB
The company has excellent benefits and you need to be sure to take advantage of them all as they will definitely increase your earnings. It is a very fast paced environment and you need to be comfortable learning on your own as you can never learn or remember all the information you will need to do your job so it is a continual process.
9 December 2019
Same role
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
All in all Cibc, was a great place to work and move up the ladder, until I was promoted to a FSA, the one Advisor was not nice, not flexible, not helpful, critical and was not looking out for me in any way shape or form. It made me look elsewhere for work, and once I got the opportunity to leave, I took it. But I really missed my other position out of the 10 years I was there.
12 January 2020
Same location
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) - Prince Albert, SK
Your overall experience depends on your branch, co-worker and manager which is different in each branch. CIBC is best to start up as they have a good training program in place.
  1. Competitive vibe and huge expectations