CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Competetive workplace

30 June 2020
CIBC is a fast-paced company to work. Employees need to work effectively in a competetive area. Sales are very important and target-based appraisal can help anybody to move fast.
5.0Job security/advancement
23 July 2020
Same role
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
High paced very sales oriented roles can be stressful if not managed and handled properly. Very sensitive situations can happen from smallest lf things.
22 June 2020
Same role
MORTGAGE ADVISOR (Current Employee) - Victoria, BC
Learned a lot about banking, finances, and corporate environment. Lots of training resources, but not as much coaching as there could be. I found that the high turnover of branch staff led to most of my job dissatisfaction. The fact that we were constantly training new hires, also meant that the higher level servicing tasks fell to the longest tenured employee. It was difficult to maintain sales excellence while also doing more than your fair share of non-revenue generating tasks. That said, I have been out of the branch environment for 4 years. I very much have enjoyed working in the Mobile Advice channel.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
high turnover and understaffing
5 November 2018
Same location
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) - Coquitlam, BC
same as all bank, challenge in creative management method, revolution needed in the digital environment. Working in the retail branch, daily work focus on customer service and financial solution advise.
  1. Competetive workplace