CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

bank teller

13 September 2017
working with the people one on one with their financial needs, standing all the time except at break was probably the hardest part of the job, good hours to work.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
minimal weekend work
Cons
inhouse politics
23 July 2020
Same role
Bank Teller (Former Employee) - Keele and Finch branck
As per the summary, typical day at work, got in and was greeted with a friendly smile and everyone saying good morning. Start with posting entries and getting ready for the bank to open. I have learned various services such as foreign currencies,product the bank provides and mainly the customers comes first with providing them with all the help they required with a smile. Management was approachable, it was fast paced but enjoyable workplace with helpful co-workers. I don't feel the job was hard once you have the proper training. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers and my co-workers.
Pros
back in the 80's it was easy to get a job at the bank - good benefits
Cons
now you need degrees and still get trained to be a teller - getting promoted
18 November 2019
Same role
Bank Teller (Former Employee) - Ottawa East, ON
The branch I was working was great. It was more like a family. I was part time but I had the possibility of working in different branches short in staff
23 January 2021
Same location
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) - Lloydminster, SK
I work in a very nice branch located in a small town. So not a lot pressure on sales. Managers are not pushy and very reasonable person.Salary of retail banking is not competitive.