CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Awesome place to work

1 November 2019
The thing I like most about my role is becoming a trusted advisor to my clients and building lasting relationships. The diversity awards CIBC has been honoured with really encouraged me and gave me a good idea of CIBC’s values and allowed me to picture myself at CIBC.
5.0Job security/advancement
8 February 2021
Same role
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) - Regina, SK
If you thrive in a fast paced corporate environment, this is the place for you. But you get to meet great colleagues from different cultures and you can even get motivated to put in your best depending on your personality.
Pros
Diverse workplace
Cons
Fast paced
5 February 2021
Same role
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Give it asecond thought.too much sales pressure with poor training. Unrealistic targets and goals.The pay and benefits do not worth all the pressure. Managers bully you if you can’t meet your targets and favouritism rules.
1 March 2021
Same location
Credit Counsellor (Former Employee) - North York, ON
CIBC has been the worst place to work at. Especially their department called Client Account Management (CAM) at 750 Lawerence W. Extreme Favouritism and not a single team building activity. Managers and higher management go out together after work, so if you ever feel that you're being treated unfairly, no point in speaking out because "NO ONE CARES". They will find something wrong against you sooner or later, so if you are not in their good books, then it doesn't matter how you perform. You will always be treated unfairly. Managers have no team skill, they promote people who they like and it has nothing to do with your performance. The worst corporate culture ever. This is for CAM department only, not sure about other places.
Pros
Benefits, unpaid vacation days
Cons
Worst Management, Toxic Culture
  1. Awesome place to work