CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

A great company to work for.

23 January 2021
I had a 47 year career with CIBC. There were many opportunities for me to advance my career starting with my experience at the branch level and continuing with VISA centre where I was so fortunate to be involved in so many aspects of CIBC.
5.0Job security/advancement
13 January 2021
Credit Counsellor (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Everything is based on targets and you're not looked as a person with feelings. They make you work like robots by making 20 calls per hour and then want you to bring a personal touch to each call and do everything perfectly. Micromanagement to the core and even washroom breaks are being monitored and they will call you out on everything from washroom breaks to any personal break you take for yourself.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Too much focus on targets
4 June 2020
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Required to learn anything related to retail banking but being paid less than other banks. Work environment is competitive, managers always encourage us to perform better and improve. Consistently monitor our performance and provide feedback
26 March 2020
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Sales sales sales sales ! Oh I forgot, sales . It doesn’t matter if the client needs the financial product or not. Somehow, You have to reach your quota and you have to figure out how to do it.
  1. A great company to work for.