CIBC Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time
Manager of Client Exp./Operations/FSR II (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 November 2017
Servicing clients by uncovering their individual goals and helping them achieve them along with their day to day banking needs. Learned many things, each and every day...
Training and advancement are available within the company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
Managed a team of hard workers who are willing to work overtime in order to achieve the deadlines. Enjoyed working with all staff across the company. Able to advance my career with training, but sometimes could not find the time to take the training based on the workload.
Pros
Balance of work and lifestyle. Advancement of career.
Cons
Work load of managing team and HR activities
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
Typical day: prioritizing effectively to meet deadlines, as well as bringing a professional demeanor and positive attitude to work.Overall,great place
Pros
Free yoga classes
Cons
Need more career advancement opportunities
Credit Contact Center Representative
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
zero parking for ccc reps, either your car gets towed of pay 15/day. If your late your scrutinized. Targets were your life line either you achieve them or you loose your job. Pressured us to sell constantly even if it didnt suit the customers needs. My previous manager has zero experience in the banking industry and didn't know any procedures or how vacation hours worked. Micro managed department. Your time is everything if you are 2 mins late back from lunch you are penalized. everything is watched. how you talk how long and what you say in what tone. Mentally you are stressed at the end of your shift you want to go home and be alone.
Pros
free lunch, discounts and persk
Cons
short breaks, no parking, no recognition for work well done
productive
Project Manager Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2017
37.5 hour work week, learned project management, management is very supportive and the work environment is very good. office locations are conveniently located on the subway
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2017
Theres a very positive atmosphere when you come into work. Everyone is smiling and looks like they enjoy being there. There is so much to learn and so much room for advancements. Management and staff are very helpful.
Pros
positive environment
Professinal workplace
Personal banking representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 November 2017
I like the company. CIBC has good work environment. Co workers and managers are very supportive to help you achieve better results at your current role.
Pros
Lot of things to learn
Cons
Lack of employee advancement support
Contract Worker
Analytics Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
An inviting company to work for. Treated contract employees the same as full-time workers.

CIBC is migrating to an Agile work environment which is an enlighten move for a company that is 150 years old. Management has embraced change and the move to the digital world.
Good
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 November 2017
Good place to work if you like the banking world. Day to day is pretty typical of helping people with every day banking needs, you have options for movement and promoting if you wish to do so.
CIBC is overall good place to work long time.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
According to me working with CIBC is very good life time memorable experience.Equal opportunity, Good Communication environment, Integrity, Self Development task, Multiple Training etc. important factors at CIBC.
Pros
Upliftment
Cons
Busy
Typical day
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
Arrive in the office to perform duties. Nothing more was ever asked. When offered to do more, the answer was 'there is no need' to do more than your duties outlined within job description.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
limited internal opportunities
Overall, a highly recommended place for employment
Senior Solutions Architect, EnterpriseArchitecture (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
Professional and respectful workplace.

Challenging environment with a plethora of business processes and related technology capabilities.

A great place to learn and grow.
Banking
General Manager/Banking Center Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakville,Ontario, Canada15 November 2017
I started with CIBC as branch representative, my manager helped me build my career, she helped me growing fast based on my performance, I was always exceeding expectation all my career with CIBC, that's why I was getting a promotion every second year.
Amazing experience
APPLICATION DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
Overall amazing experience working for CIBC. It was extremely informative and a great learning opportunity. I was lucky to be in a co-op position and would definitely do it again
Jaime les taches de la finance
Conseiller financier (Current Employee) –  Val-d'Or, QC14 November 2017
Jaime le contacte avec les clients et discutes de leura finance. Apporter des amiliorations dans leurs projets de vie et de retraite.
Black office enivorment
Encoder Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
Routine job, easily done. Not enough hours they have a gym that was nice. Acquired typing numeric skills with speed, and dealt with stressful situations.
Pros
Pot luck days
Cons
Not enough hours
Contract Position - Interesting work
Business Consultant - Mobile Wallets (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
I was able to work on a variety of projects at CIBC. I gained experience in the payment space and got to work on the strategic/innovative digital wallet program.

Through my exposure to various systems and functional areas of CIBC I gained a great knowledge of end to end payment process for the bank.

The culture at CIBC was very inclusive for contractors. There are organizations where contractors are treated more as outsiders, but this is not the case at CIBC.
End of the month was a funday for all the employee
ATM Cash Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
CIBC clients benefit from the power of a team that enjoys working together on their behalf. Nice place to work that kind of environment.If they give me a chance I will join again.
Bank Teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 November 2017
It's all about numbers and results. Hitting impossible targets and making cold phone calls to please the branch manager. Working at a branch is not bad, great people who are willing to help, but it's all about numbers and results.
Typical Bank
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ON10 November 2017
CIBC is a good company to work for, but through my research I have found that other Financial Institutions pay more for equivalent positions. Good people work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.