CIBC Employee Reviews

Need to modernize
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2018
People are great but need to catch up to modern times.

Printed documents for meetings, laptops only for certain executives. Working from home frowned upon or simply not available.
Good
Senior IT Consultant (Tech Lead, Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2018
At CIBC, we are in business to help our clients, employees and shareholders achieve what is important to them. Our ability to create value for all CIBC stakeholders is driven by a business culture based on common values: Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.
challenging
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 October 2018
I loved working with the various regulatory agencies, other external clients as well as internal clients.

The role provided me with the challenges I enjoy.
Pros
challenging
Excellent focus on customers and clients, management lacking
Sr. Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2018
CIBC as a whole is highly focused on the client experience and keeping clients happy.
Not a fun place to work
way behind in technology, paper and fax focused
gain knowledge in securities area,
Securities Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2018
• Demonstrated grace under pressure ensuring all trades and reports and captured on a timely basis amid demanding deadlines.
• Contributed to quality assurance review program by ensuring 100% compliance and proper documentation of audit paperwork for fiscal year.
Good workplace
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2018
CIBC is my first employer in Canada, I learned the great workplace culture and Canadian work environment, great place to encourage employees and respect to everyone.
Cons
Less Flexibility in work-life balance
No comments
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2018
No comments. Management is sales driven. Little care is given to the client's needs or desires. Possibilities of advancement. Pressure to perform. Good experience.
Pros
Advancement possibilities
Cons
Sales driven
Fun place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Great experience
Culture varies across various areas with some depts having fun and open feedback loop while others have a very hierarchical culture.
Pros
Flexible Work Life Balance
Cons
Some areas are rigid
Adminstrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 October 2018
Answer Client calls whom are asking about their accounts, also prepares cheque requests for clients, and enter stock or option orders for clients.
Update daily merger & Acquisition reports
Meet with clients coming in for any particular reason which does not require seeing the boss.
Pros
learned a lot about the industry
Cons
required to work holidays, low pay
Great environment to work in and to acquire new knowledge
LEVEL 4 CO-OP TEST ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Provided me with a lot of insight about CIBC and what the company is about. I was able to learn a lot about the technology team and what they provide to CIBC as a whole. Glad I was able to be apart, even if it was a small part. Great opportunity working in such an open, respectful and fun evironment. Great people to work with as well.
Environnement stricte mais agréable
MOBILE SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 October 2018
Très belle expérience au niveau management, et cohésion d'équipe.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Horaire compliqué
Productive and results oriented
FACILITIES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Great workplace that treats its' staff well. Results oriented with good management and great benefits. People oriented with a great leaning program online.
Pros
Health Benefits
Great learning evironment
Strategy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
Great learning and Development opportunities. Excellent work-life balance. Friendly, approachable team willing to work together to solve problems. Would recommend.
Fun working place
Senior Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
Great Company to work for, managers are knowledge and provide the training and all necessary tools to get the work done efficiently. Co-workers are support and provide assistance when needed, gives you the opportunity to excel and grow your career.
C’est un environnement agréable pour travailler
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC25 September 2018
J’ai beaucoup aimé de travailler chez cibc et une bonne gestion
Pros
Avantage sociaux
A gate of opportunities
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Great opportunity to start off the career in the financial industry. Challenging in a way that helps to reshape one´s efficiency and abilities. Good management structure, regardless the overweight on branch managers powers.
Pros
Door for career opportunities
Cons
Demands above average efficiency
desk job
Fraud Loss Prevention Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
during my days at CIBC i remember that the management was helpful and supportive. We had training for any programs that were rolled out. The downside to this job was the rotating shifts and the long hours on the phone with disgruntled customers, because they couldn't use their card or that there was charges on their account.
Pros
decent benefits and pension
Cons
rotating shifts and long hours on the phone.
Get to work with resources from different areas of the company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
Obtained an insight into many departments of the bank. Many varied projects, making the role of project manager exciting and challenging all at once.
Fun team building
Investment representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
The coworkers become your family, its strongly encouraged to hang out after work and a great work life balance. When the calls increase the work is tedious and every call is different so you learn a lot but it can be quite challenging sometimes.
Sr QA Analyst / Test Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
I really want to thank you for acknowledging my work on the new thinking strategy. You put a lot of trust in me to lead that initiative, and it gave me a chance to flex my project management skills. I’m glad it had a positive outcome, and I’m particularly pleased that you saw the value in the work as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.