CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,118 reviews matching the search
Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
You are just a number to drive sales...they don't care if you have covid or anything else...tick the boxes...makes sure the bs metrics add up. If you like micromanagement..you'll love CIBC.
Pros
Cons
Everythin
Pure focus on numbers and profits - work overtime without getting paid and top down culture with managers telling you what to do without any support or assistance.
Pros
Previous management was good and previously they had better work life balance
Cons
Long hours, demanding managers that don’t care about you or basic human rights like treating people well.
* Great training team, management fair, friendly and caring.* Weekly reviews, great information, great training tools involved with self learning, training class.
Nothing good to say about the team manager............................,If you don’t meet their standards on training, no care for time to be trained, it’s a go go go situation Training was not properly trained.......Learn the job fast and so your job and go home, Culture was unfair, lack of communication on training, unfortunately
Pros
Overtime available if you enjoy no social life
Cons
Mgmnt needs better introduction to group, was not
Good company to work for. Negotiate strong and hard for a good salary upfront that you will be happy with for at least a couple of years. They start low but can go higher, do not accept “you are the highest in a range”. it is very difficult to increase salary once in a position. Ask upfront what the salary range is.
Pros
Free banking and good employee mortgage rates
Cons
Many layers to navigate
Awesome culture and very involved team. Great place to learn how the bank run in Canada. A lot interaction cross team. Very repetitive task all day long.
Pros
Free drinks, 1 hour break, friendly coworker
Cons
No free parking, No paid overtime, high volume target, favouritism toward Indian race, poor training
If you thrive in a fast paced corporate environment, this is the place for you. But you get to meet great colleagues from different cultures and you can even get motivated to put in your best depending on your personality.
Pros
Diverse workplace
Cons
Fast paced
Give it asecond thought.too much sales pressure with poor training. Unrealistic targets and goals.The pay and benefits do not worth all the pressure. Managers bully you if you can’t meet your targets and favouritism rules.
Let me be perfectly clear on this review, I am not here to bash a company or talk bad about it. It was a wonderful first experience and I have wonderful memories only because I had a wonderful Team (co workers) in which I could rely on and a great progress leader. At the end, the end of progress or follow up, the endless critics on some mistake you have done with no gratitude for the great work you are doing ended making my stay a h3ll. The progress leader with no much experience was a problem when you needed help. The overwhelming work of the Team leaders. At the end of the day, administration and PR and HR was a disaster. but others had a great time over there after some changes. I highly recommend this is ever you apply. A corporation is a corporation (they want perfection and results). so keep this in mind and always keep your mental health check.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard calls, hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIBC?
They treat you bad. Not appreciated. They play you guys up against each other. Management wasn’t great either. They discuss private info with others
I work in a very nice branch located in a small town. So not a lot pressure on sales. Managers are not pushy and very reasonable person.Salary of retail banking is not competitive.
I had a 47 year career with CIBC. There were many opportunities for me to advance my career starting with my experience at the branch level and continuing with VISA centre where I was so fortunate to be involved in so many aspects of CIBC.
Corrupt business practices. Corrupt management. The company will easily promote but the lack of on the job support is horrendous. The way they structure their salaries and commissions is muddy at best.
Mangement still thinks traditional ways. Even if you work hard, you can grow gradually. Plenty of scope to learn new things. But you may need to perform really well to prove and show your presence.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Politics and old ways of thinking
I felt like I had no work life balance. High turn over of staff and the sales model having to contact clients plus keep up with workload was impossible. Never seemed to do enough for the company’s liking.
Everything is based on targets and you're not looked as a person with feelings. They make you work like robots by making 20 calls per hour and then want you to bring a personal touch to each call and do everything perfectly. Micromanagement to the core and even washroom breaks are being monitored and they will call you out on everything from washroom breaks to any personal break you take for yourself.
Benefits
Cons
Too much focus on targets
I have been working in CIBC for more than 13 years holding different roles. Not all the departments in CIBC are the same; hence the work experience. I worked in one of the most critical and key divisions in CIBC responsible to create, maintain, and enhance customer information in whole CIBC and associated firms outside of Canada. In regards to that particular devision I was extremely satisfied with my working environment specially people who I worked with. As a contractor I really felt that my service is valued and in return I did my best to contribute as much as I could. Relationship of people in the teams I worked was very friendly and at the same time very professional.
Pros
Satsifaction
Working for cibc is easy. Most departments have good leadership team snd within the teams small different culture exhibits..work life balance is not that high may be our salary range is not competitive
Pros
Lots of team events
Cons
Work life balance
Stay away from CIBC. TWO-faced sneaky managers. You never know where you stand until they let you go. People are weeping as they fire them! No compassion or warning EVER. WORST EXECUTIVE Management
Pros
Window cubicle
Cons
Corp-speak is that CIBC no longer has managers, only leaders. However, leaders are notoriously rare; managers are ubiquitous. I had one leader in the years I worked there; all the rest were managers. Just one example of the difference. The leader to whom I referred would stop, no matter how busy he/she was to ask, and meant it, how are you doing? Can I help? Managers only stop to berate; leaders stop because they care.Hypocrisy. It is said that CIBC cares for its clients, deeply. However ‘caring’ only extends to how many $$ you are worth. For example, the time one must spend to help elderly people who are confused, persons who are angry or the time to input data about POAs and estates (and other such necessary work) is not countable in the numbers BECAUSE THEY DO NOT MAKE REVENUE. The longer a manager has been away from the computer-driven work-life being done by those they say they are leading, the further their knowledge deficit grows. Their narrowed knowledge then allows them to justify piling up workloads on the basis of alleged scientific metrics. And their bonuses and much higher wages encourage them as managers, not leaders.
Pros
benefits: once you retire, if you or your spouse get critically ill or die before retirement
Cons
Many managers, few leaders.
  1. Employee reviews