CIBC Employee Reviews

Authentic, great team
Mobile Investment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2018
Great place to work with lots of potential for advancement. Open environment, great teams, good products, great support from management, good compensation
Hardening career
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario21 February 2018
Typical day involves entering to a disorganized and understaffed workplace; answer never-ending phone calls, try to source new business, exceed multiple sales targets, deal with walk-in clientele. Management usually consumed with private calls where they relay targets met/ hypothecated to upper management despite computer systems which do this.
Culture depends on co-workers. Some are new and bright-eyed, others know the ins and outs of the business, older ones do not want to participate in ANYTHING and refuse to acclimatize to the new programs and trends.
Hardest part is lying to yourself that you're making a difference instead of the truth, which is simply selling people products because it makes money for... THE BANK! Also, there's very little job security in your role as there are constant 'improvements' and program changes which can render you obsolete.
Most enjoyable? Being able to reinforce basic HR principles by leaving at then end of each day, and taking your allotted lunch breaks- much to the surprize of management. Also, paycheck.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
It crushes your soul a little bit everyday
Good experience
Merchant support officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 February 2018
Good variatey of culture been a fun and enjoyable experience being a part of retail operations and has made me learn a lot of new things and understanding the banking industry
for specific day we have a special activity
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
for example for Christmas we made a house by biscuits and we had a launch and some entertainment such as playing dart , football and every day we have a huddle and talking about our personal issue if we want to share
Management is killing the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2018
Was once the best bank to work for. Lately leadership has completely lost touch and do not care anymore about CIBC's promise to be "first in client relationships".
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible leadership
CIBC Review
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 February 2018
There was a major push on sales. I worked from 7 in the morning until 7 in the evening. There was no overtime, and no time off in lieu. This is when my children were only 4 and 2 years of age. It was expected that I come in so that I could "perform". I remember closing over $2 Million in sales one week and the next week I had $0 closing, I received a note from our district manager asking what I was doing and did I not realize how important it was to get the numbers? That was it for CIBC for me. Too many expectations.
Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2018
Typical day at work is from 9 to 5.
Spend a lot of time at your desk.
If you are use to this type of work it is
definitely a great place to work.
Would definitely recommend.
Cibc cmt
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2018
Great management team and very driven to deliver niche solutions to market in fast and agile way.
The team has a startup feel/culture and the focus of most viable solution to market is resonated throughout the company.
look else where but not banking
Alberta/Canada Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2018
meet new people.....sad atmosphere as you are just a number.....less salary compared to daily pressure....look at commercial or investment banking if you really want a money and career in banking......
Pros
office
Great workplace culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2018
It is a great culture that is second to none. What more can you ask for when it comes down to it. A lot to learn which is always great as well. Something to always strive for.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent workplace
QA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
For the time being with this company, I've learned a lot in the workplace as well as off.

The management team was very cooperative as well as willing to mentor the newer colleagues.
Excellent place to work
Business Analyst, Compliance & BCM (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
Excellent place to work. Excellent management. Excellent people. Great environment. Good work life balance. Fun place to work. Great location. Excellent CEO
Good Culture
Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
Good workplace culture in the retail and back office operations
Employee diversity in the workplace
Limited growth opportunity for internal movements.
good place
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
competitive work environment, they make sure employees are productive
good career growth opportunity
internal software are not user-friendly i dont approve of the systems
Fun
Assistant to Photographer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 February 2018
Fun place to work with other people. The events held are the best place to work in because everyone is so happy and fun loving. Tons of goodies and great people.
Performance Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario12 February 2018
Performance engineering and Project Management, Quality Assurance, Dynatrace, Performance centre, Troubleshooting and optimizing the performance of the system.
Excellent employer
CIBC Imperial Service Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
Consideration for work life balance
Employee development
Loved dealing with clients
Excellent opportunity to network
Reward and recognition excellent
Community programs were great
neutral environmental to work, very well professionalize and work ethics
System Engineer/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2018
- Neutral environmental to work, very well professionalize and work ethics.
- Diverse community is open and compassionate
-CIBC has a fair and equitable workplace regardless of personal attributes
Great organization
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON10 February 2018
Greta organization to work at the people, staff and the job is great. I would highly recommend this for anyone's interested in a great organizational culture.
Review
Financial Advisor - Imperial Service (Former Employee) –  New Hamburg, ON9 February 2018
I left CIBC for a great opportunity at another organization that was not available within CIBC.
The individuals in the organization work hard to help their clients achieve their goals.