CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 2,320 reviews matching the search See all 2,429 reviews
Productive and Good learning platform
Senior Pega Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2019
Worked in a team of 4 as a Senior Pega Developer handling 2 different modules namely Feed Development and Reporting. Good workplace to learn,explore and implement new things. Involved in the logic design and coding of the Feed Development and Reporting. Handled defects raised on priority. Enjoyable part is the work culture and the inclusion in all the phases of the SDLC which helps in shaping the career path.
Cons
Low pay scale
Challenging Work and Supportive Work Place
Tech Lead / Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
Typical Work Day:
Read Emails , Work On Design, Coding, attending meetings.

What you learned:
Gained Technical knowledge, improved soft skills, better communication.

Management:
Management was supportive.

Work Place Culture:
Excellent

Hardest Part of Job:
Convincing Business on technical approaches.

Most Enjoyable Part of Job:
Client Appreciation, Coding Managing
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Less Knowledgeable Management
Sales pressure
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2019
CIBC only cares about sales. The management really puts pressure and stress on the employees to sell products and it doesn’t matter if the customers need the products or not. Systems are outdated, help is minimal and clients with low net worth aren’t given priority at all. No overtime is paid, compensation is low, bonuses are totally based on sales.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No overtime, way too much sales pressure even if it’s unethical
Great place to start your business career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 February 2019
At CIBC, I got the opportunity to see how the business world works and learn a lot about daily business transactions. I was treated well by coworkers and taught the responsibilities sufficiently. I was able to satisfy clients with excellent client service, which felt amazing.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Every movement and word is monitored and discipline can occur.
productive and fun work place
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT22 January 2019
it's always busy there but I learned to manage it by managing my time and my calendar.and it's a fun place to work also because we start the day by team building that energize us to start our day .the challenge that we face sometimes is the timing of our clients in coming to the bank but like I said we worked as a team and we deliver to the best we can to help our clients .
good learning experience and stepping stone to the banking world
CSR (customer service Representative) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 December 2018
Working as a Teller was great to learn the ins and outs of daily banking and gives you opportunities to learn and grow into the banking business. CIBC is heavily involved with the community, corporate culture is great. Management is fair. easiest part of the job is performing banking transactions, hardest part is dealing with difficult customers
Pros
lots of growth and development opportunities
Cons
sometimes not enough work hours
Overall Rating
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2018
CIBC Bank is one of the Financial institution that their employees are happy to work for. I spent 14 years working for CIBC in different areas in the bank and their management team are prepare to become managers and/or executives they attend extensive training so they are prepare for every situation they encounter. CIBC Bank is a company that is all for the employee we have the opportunity to take as many courses as we want we had a huge among of courses that we could have in the year.
We had as well a recognition program called the achievers and we had gift for all the participant; it was an amazing to be part of these teams.
All what i have for CIBC is gratitude and thankful to be part of such an amazing company.
Isolation is the watchword of the day at CIBC
INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
Unfortunately my time at CIBC was very solitary. The team I was a part of was not inclusive, nor did they respond to any attempts at socializing. This is about the group as a whole, because there were some rays of light in the darkness with specific people.

Management didn't care at all about contractors, and that made things all the worse.
okay place to start off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2019
co workers are great people and managers are very caring and always encouraging each other. unfortunately there is NO work life balance at all whatsoever. if you are going to work here, make sure that its a location that provides seats for you otherwise itll be a gruesome 8.5 hour shift. the pay is not worth the stress, especially compared to other banks
Fast-paced, customer service based business
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2019
Fast-paced business where you will meet a variety of clientele. You will build relationships with these clients and aid them with their financial needs. You will belong to a dynamic team where you will work together to ensure that a client driven experience is always at the forefront of your day-to-day activities.

Want to know more about CIBC?

Ask a question
Stay away if you're in IT
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2018
If you are in IT don't expect a career here. Management outsources everything they can and then dumps on the remaing staff when things fall apart. There are no funds for training or mentorship program for new IT grads

If you find a job you like with a good manager it can be OK, but not a place for a car.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Job security and advancement. No training.
Poor branch maintenance, no managerial support for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2019
- On site courses and training available
- 37.5 mon- fri or tues - sat hours
- benefits after 3 months (good benefits)

- poor branch maintenance
- advancement is difficult within company
- salary/bonus negotiation difficult
Pros
Hours, benefits, vacations
Cons
Salary, in branch risk (hold-up), branch maintenance
I had a variety of duties, and there were daily deadline.
Administrator Investor Services (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2018
I would start with reviewing & disbursing the mail. I'd audit stock & debenture certificates to ensure they were registered in the correct names. I'd submit the account receivable & accounts payable entries for processing to our Toronto office. I'd help with the quarterly & annual mailing of our customers. I would reconcile accounts that were assigned to me.
Pros
I worked with a great staff
Cons
No job security
Productive, work sharing balance
Business Analysis/Project Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Good management, need better balance in processes and bureaucracy. Enforcement of department duties and responsible departments. Infrastructure laid out but not enough licenses to ensure throughput of employee productivity.
Pros
Supportive employees, sharing knowledge of work related items.
sales sales sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 October 2018
unfortunately has changed from service to sales job. too much internal pressure from bank to sell to Every customer, even in a small town where you see the same people every day. plus the digital banking change. Now my job is to sell you a credit card or a line of credit or a mortgage and also tell you that whatever you came in to do today could have been done at home or at the bank machine here let me show you and next time don't wait in line just dont come at all but still give us your money though .
Pros
working with money feeling profetional
Cons
sales sales sales to much pressure from boss to sell more not good enough ever.
tellers' wages - bonuses ....
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenora, ON25 October 2018
I've been part-time for almost 1.5yrs and was looking forward to receiving the annual incentive pay (for Visas sold, overdraft protection sold, referrals to FSR's, etc.) I've been excelling with these quotas. Turns out my position is "temporary part-time", so I'm not eligible. Doesn't look like the manager is going to change that either. High turn around rate here and Walmart pays more. I make $15.01 an hour, a lady who has been FT for 3 years makes 15.08 and starting wage at the local Walmart is 15.62.
Pros
the customers! and the people I work with.
Cons
wages, career progression/planning
Lots of opportunities for growth
Internal Queue Specialist -Mutual Funds Department (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
If you are performing well, lots of opportunities to work in another department. The only thing is that there are lots of things to do but if you show management that you can do it then they will support you. Colleagues are very supportive and they are willing to help you progress.
Consistent banking work environment....
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
CIBC is on par with other financial institutions, in terms of work, culture and compensation. Being on the IT side of the company afforded a more lax work environment than the traditional banking departments. It is a great place to grow your career.
Pros
Lots of internal job postings, employee stock plan, good benefits, decent compensation, good HQ location, bonus
Cons
Monotonous work, downfalls of big corporate structure/company
Great Company
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 December 2018
I have a deep appreciation for cibc client focused vision.
The culture and work environment is one of high spirited individuals who want to succeed and excel in their role. There are always things that need improvement, however this company is well on there way to becoming number one in client relationships
It was a great chapter
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2018
Working in the branch was the best part of working with the company. I enjoyed having a team, and I was well respected within that team. I took pride in my day to day activities and I loved dealing with client issues head on. CIBC was good at giving me the freedom to do what I needed to for our clients.
Politics of the company and the direction the company is going however, makes me glad I am no longer with them.