Play YouTube video button

CIBC Employee Reviews

Canada3,048 reviews
Found 3,048 reviews matching the search
Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
CIBC is a fast-paced company to work. Employees need to work effectively in a competetive area. Sales are very important and target-based appraisal can help anybody to move fast.
I worked as a call center representative for the care department for credit card. If you love yourself enough and care about your health, do me a favor and do not work for them. It is an incredibly stressful environment. People were always on sick leave and as a results we were under staffed. Even managers would quit and would give the excuse that they found a better position in the company
Benefits
Cons
Mental health
A very enjoyable place to work with a bunch of awesome people. Management were there when I needed them. The pay was good. Awesome extended benefits and holidays.
Lots of learning curve , mostly it will be coordinating with different teams to complete daily work activities. Typically its a working culture nothing much to expect.
Learned a lot about banking, finances, and corporate environment. Lots of training resources, but not as much coaching as there could be. I found that the high turnover of branch staff led to most of my job dissatisfaction. The fact that we were constantly training new hires, also meant that the higher level servicing tasks fell to the longest tenured employee. It was difficult to maintain sales excellence while also doing more than your fair share of non-revenue generating tasks. That said, I have been out of the branch environment for 4 years. I very much have enjoyed working in the Mobile Advice channel.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
high turnover and understaffing
Great place to work. Management is always helpful, encouraging and supportive. Staff is well diversified and friendly. Work hours are reasonable although some days are longer than others. Would be nice to have a better salary considering the responsibilities but benefits and pension are great.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Can be stressful
high stress level no support from Management No training
Moral is low at most branches; Will not advance you into a different position; No support when you need to report a manager or employee
Pros
pay
Cons
high stress no work life balance
Working at CIBC is HORRIBLE. Right out of the gates, it takes a couple months to start working once you've been hired. Then their training program is a joke. They push you through is as fast as possible, and throw you to the wolves to get chewed up and spit out. Clients scream at employees all day - everyday. Once again, I'll blame this on the training program leaving everybody to be incompetent. There is never any staff at locations, because everyone quits!!! And because everyone quits there is way to much work to do with no staff. This is what I was told when I started working a bunch of overtime, in order to complete my work.... "If you come in early, or stay late you cannot put in the overtime hours. Legally we have to pay you, but if you claim it then we won't let you stay". SO, not only am i trying to to the job for 3 employees (and I'm getting the same god awful pay), but not I'm not allowed to claim the overtime. They would rather sacrifice the clients and employees happiness, then spare a few extra dollars from the billions they make.
CIBC's work culture isn't very good. very competitive but not healthy competition. ppl are promoted just because they will be they are making the boss happy not because they work diligently.
Pros
close to home
Cons
work culture
Collaborative work environment. Amazing team work. Supportive superiors.

Team is open to ideas and discussions. Leadership does not have a closed mindset.
stressful environment, work load is more than salary paid. Overtime never paid. No promotions. performed Two People job, when they short staff. no Appreciation
Cons
unpaid overtime
It was a progressive insurance company where you were rewarded based on personal effort. Good management and staff-Never felt out own place and could grow with the company
Pros
had opportunity to advance
Cons
success is totally dependent on personal efforts
Very cooperative and friendly leadership team. I have been associated with CIBC over 2 years and it was really great experience and good learning and process oriented environment.
CIBC is one of the leading bank in their own sector.
Here you can find very talented people from different parts of world.

A place to learn new skills.
It’s a Sexually Charged, Abusive, Racist environment! Management doesn’t care, they even get promoted! People just watch me get bullied and yelled at. HR protects management! In the interview I was asked if I mind if “people swear, because there will be a lot of it” My boss, was a INSANE and would ask me to run his errands for him, wait for personal packages so I couldn’t go home on time.
Cons
Racist environment, viable minorities are IT or support staff, Long hours
The internal structure is so competitive that each location competes with another. This means the employees are pushed harder to perform with little recognition.
Little training, little support.
Pros
Resume would look good
Cons
Long hours, no overtime pay untrained managers
Good and Steady role with career training and good benefits. Management is flexible and promotes development of employees. Pay is somewhat competitive but not in line with some of the other banks on the street.
A good and healthy working environment with some really nice people. Certain teams are managed by people with poor skills and who have their
preferences.
Excellent work culture to work with. Immense learning opportunity on different asset classes and understand business. Like minded group to work with and share one's views.
"Great people - very diverse background which brings a fantastic cultural mix to the team" (in 11 reviews)

"They provided on the job training for the compliance procedures, offered overtime, and had a nice office" (in 9 reviews)