News & Updates
November 22, 2023
"I've grown through many roles at CIBC. I started working here 10 years ago as a banking centre manager. My team today ensures that client-facing team members are thinking about the entire experience at every stage. CIBC has always felt very community-focused. I love helping clients achieve their goals, and I've had excellent access to mentorship. I'm constantly looking for new sources of inspiration. I'm lucky to do work that aligns with my values and passions. I wake up in the morning and smile knowing I truly love what I do." Read more about Melissa's story in The Globe and Mail: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/adv/article-cibc-trains-for-current-and-future-job-skills/ Or find your next step with CIBC here: https://www.cibc.com/en/about-cibc/careers.html
Bring Your Ambitions to Life
At CIBC, we believe the difference between having a dream and achieving your dream is finding someone who cares enough to help you make it real.
As a CIBC team member, you’ll be a part of a culture that embraces all the things that make you, you. You’ll be here to lead, and to learn. You’ll work alongside some of the best in the business who will help nurture your strengths as you chart your own course.
Sometimes you’ll come into the office, but most days your office will come to you. Hybrid and remote options are designed to offer flexibility, so you can achieve your ambitions both at work and at home.
You’ll be building your career and your life because CIBC knows our team members value a work-life balance that lets them be their best for their teams at work, and their team at home.
At CIBC, you’ll have more than a career. You’ll have a place where you can learn, grow, and thrive.
See how your ambitions can come to life with a career at CIBC.
Let’s build the future of banking together.
CIBC more than a bank. It’s a diverse community, a supportive culture and a place where you can thrive and excel.
Work on exciting projects:
- Be part of innovation – Our team works on transformational projects, such as migrating our e-banking into the cloud, allowing us to send real-time updates.
- Work with a range of partners - We partnered with leading companies like Costco, to become the official credit card provider in Canada for Costco Mastercard.
- Discover tomorrow's market leaders - Our team supports start-ups and innovators to transform the future of banking.
Drive Community Impact:
- Make banking for everyone - ensure everyone has the skills, knowledge, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of financial wellbeing
- Give back - Make a difference supporting causes that matter to you through our employee giving and volunteering program.
- Protect our future – Tackle projects that aim to create a more sustainable and equitable future for our team, our clients, our communities and our planet.
Celebrate Your Accomplishments:
- Celebrate moments big and small – earn points to be used towards donations or gifts through our CIBC MomentMakers recognition program.
- Be rewarded for exceptional work - Celebrate the best of the best through the Annual Achievers Award. Each year, award winners and their guests are invited to take part in a conference at a luxury destination.
- Mark your milestones – From one-year anniversaries to retirements, we’ll celebrate all the milestones throughout your career with yearbooks, gifts and more.
Our Commitments to you
At CIBC, our purpose is to help make your ambition a reality.
We do this for our team members by striving to uphold three employee commitments:
1) We make your goals a priority.
We understand where you are now, and focus on where you want to be.
2) We empower you to excel every day.
We enable you with the right tools, team, work environment, and leadership
3) We appreciate you.
We recognize and reward your achievements, and support your wellbeing
Benefits at a glance
We genuinely care about helping you make your ambitions a reality. From mind and body, to life and finances, your total wellbeing is our priority. Here are a few examples of how CIBC supports you:
Rewards and resources to support your short and long-term financial goals.
• 50% employee share matching plan
• Employee Banking Offer including free banking services, credit cards and more
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan that provides you with a secure retirement for life
Resources to support your mental health and increase your resiliency.
• Mental health therapy covered at 100% and $5,000 per person per year
• Online and in-person counselling
• Shareable mental health video library
• Mindfulness education and practice tools
Programs that help you live your best life at work, home and in your community.
• Competitive vacation, leave and time-off programs
• Fertility coverage including IVF and surrogacy costs
• Coverage for gender affirmation procedures
• Volunteer opportunities to give back
Options to help you optimize your health and maximize your energy.
• Dieticians, health coaching and virtual fitness sessions
• Virtual healthcare app
• The YourPulse@CIBC app to bring daily focus to your wellbeing
• Flexible medical and dental coverage
• Workplace ergonomic solutions
Inclusion at CIBC
At CIBC, inclusion is the cornerstone of our bank’s culture. This means that:
• Our team members and leaders reflect the clients and communities we serve;
• Our leaders promote belonging and leverage uniqueness as a strength. Team members are equipped to practice intentional inclusion, disrupt microaggressions and promote reconciliation;
• We deliver our purpose through financial inclusion by removing barriers to banking to advance social inclusion and economic prosperity for everyone.
Accountability starts with our President and CEO
It all starts at the top with our President and Chief Executive Officer, who chairs CIBC’s Inclusion Leadership Council and oversees the implementation of the bank’s global inclusion strategy. We also have a dedicated Inclusion team, Inclusion Action Committees with senior leaders from across the bank, and our People Networks.
Employee-led People Networks
CIBC has ten employee-led People Networks that engage and connect over 25,000 members who participate in networking, education and career development opportunities. All employees are welcome to join, whether they are members of the community or allies.
Our journey towards gender-balanced leadership remains a top priority. Where unique targets have not been set, we aim to achieve or maintain 40%-60% representation of women across all levels. To demonstrate commitment, we are signatories to the Catalyst Accord, the 30% Club Canada Investor Statement of Intent, the UK Women in Finance Charter, and the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles, and are supporters of the 30% Club Canada and the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). CIBC also partners with Women in Capital Markets and 100 Women in Finance.
An equitable workplace for all
By embedding equitable talent management practices into our bank’s approach to human capital, we help create the conditions where everyone can achieve their full potential. We work with stakeholders across the bank to remove barriers to success and deliver on our 5-Year Accessibility Roadmap, Reconciliation Framework and commitment to the BlackNorth Initiative’s CEO Pledge.
We annually assess and refine our compensation programs – including pay structures – to ensure they provide a consistent compensation opportunity to employees performing the same job. These reviews help us proactively identify and address factors that could contribute to a wage gap.
5 things about working in Technology at CIBC
Wonder what it’s like to work in Technology at CIBC? Discover our leading benefits, perks, and how our team members can explore their passions through leading-edge technology to drive real-world impact in the lives of our clients.
Team Member Stories | Mikaela
At CIBC, we make your goals a priority - we understand where you are now, and focus on where you want to be. After starting as a student on the CIBC Innovation Team, Mikaela discovered her passion for creativity could fit into her career. Her leadership team saw her potential and supported her learning and growth.
Team Member Stories | Richard
Meet Richard, an Imperial Service Financial Advisor at CIBC for 30 years. A believer in building long-term relationships with his clients, he regularly connects to help them make their financial goals a reality. Explore careers where your work can make a significant impact in the lives of clients.
Team Members Stories | Martin
At CIBC, we are always working to remove barriers for those living with disabilities. That work is made far easier with the help of talented team members like Martin, whose skill and lived experience are a valuable asset in helping us ensure that our digital experiences are as accessible as possible. Martin, like so many others at our bank, is a catalyst towards a more accessible future for all.
Team Members Stories | James
Across our bank, many team members are in roles that you could say are ‘behind the scenes’, yet they are instrumental in helping our clients. James and his innovation team look at how emerging technologies can help our clients’ ambitions, acting as an internal consulting shop to identify the right time for our bank to harness the power of new technology to create the largest impact.