CI Investments Inc

CI Investments Inc Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant2 reviews
Canada2 reviews
Not enjoyable and unhealthy. Very negative environment due to client redemptions and overall company performance. Management was poor and not trustworthy along with peers.
Cons
Long hours, thankless work, constant confusion, untrustworthy management
When I was first interviewed, I was told that the sales coordinator position is administrative- not true. It is a sales position in which you are to contact people to set up appointments, sometimes calling them daily to book appointments. Also when I was interviewed I was told the compensation would be $52000 per year, then after hire told it would actually be $45000. During the interview I was told I would receive coverage and benefits immediately on hire but this was not true. There was no clear training on what was actually expected of me or how to do the tasks assigned or expected, someone at this position is expected to "figure it out" and do it right the first time, or be subject to yelling and passive aggression from other members of the team. I was sent to Toronto for two weeks of training in which we learned nothing on how to actually do the reports or tasks we would be assigned, but instead "sold" on the different investment packages. Woe be to anyone to actually works the hours they're told to - if you don't voluntarily stay back at least an hour every day to show how hard you're working, you will be told you're not pulling your weight. People working here are more like members of a cult for investments.