Church's Chicken

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

This particular Church's does not respect the manager. Each is treated differently on who they like not there performance.

Only shows respect to managers they like. Does not respect a good manager with great sales, great food cost and great payroll. Sometimes does not even speak to the manager only the workers, and believe them instead of the manager. Does not allow you to hire your team of workers.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Good crew but upper management was terrible

The company was late paying their bills and employees paychecks bounced alot. They rather you sell spoiled or outdated food than throw it out. Bonus system never materialize. Church's would rather have a team member in a shift manager role with no knowledge of Labor or food cost than paying a good general manager with the necessary knowledge to run a fast food restaurant.

Pros

All meals were 1/2 price for crew. Free for managers

Cons

Health care very costly

No work/life balancd

Extremely under paid for salary employees. As a general manager… constantly call ins. Low pay. High work load. Very disrespectful customers and employees. Under trained for position. No time for family or anything outside of the company.

Pros

Benefits package is very affordable

Cons

Low pay for hours worked

I'm the hardest worker there with no help.

Churchs chicken they owe me 2 weeks in vacation an want give it to me I work 100.00 hours an get paid only 80 hours an we work on holidays with no pay an sometime they short your check an don't wanna pay over time.

I think Church's Chicken is a great place to work. I would only be what you make out of it and doing your job consistanly everyday would make it better than expected

Pros

flexible scheduled hours and great teamwork

Cons

there is no benefits for hourly team members

Overall good place to work

Before I had my son this job was perfect. Flexible hours along with opportunity to move up with the company. Besides bonuses for upper management the benefits arent there. I was with the company for a very long time and didnt feel I was getting was I deserved.

Pros

Free food and uniforms

Cons

No breaks, high turnover rate

Made me a stronger worker

Church's Chicken really has made me stronger in the area of customer service. I have developed a lot of skills, that can further my advancement in another workplace.

Pros

Every one is flexible, and they make sure all employees are not hungry each day they work.

Cons

No benefits

A day in the life of a RGM

Managing people and products require a talent for details. As a Mgr. we learn how to insure a safe and harmonious place to work. For our customers we insure a clean and safe place to eat as well as hot fresh food to eat.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Alot of work.

Fast paced

Customer service, had to meet numbers weekly as Labor and food cost, Long hours hardest part was staffing and ensuring employess would follow procedures.

Pros

Management free meals

Cons

Stress from upper management

you can do better

the church's chicken that are in Ohio needs a lot of work and they also need to put in a lot of money to help bring the buildings up to the company codes

Pros

you will get hours to work

It's a fun place to work

make sure high standards project they receive and customer satisfaction it's a top priority , will you receive once a week our Dry Goods from Denver and chicken receive twice a week Oklahoma Distribution Center, try not to waste lot of food keep the food fresh and available all the time inventory once a week and we get paid by week

Pros

Free lunch only customer satisfactory

Cons

Employee get the meal half price on the break time

Just bad

Old building, had sewer and pest problems. Little maintenance is ever done due to company being on a tight budget. Over-worked employees, and just filthy.

Cons

no benifits

Church's chicken

I liked working there. i handled making sure the employees were doing there jobs while helping out where I could. The only bad thing was the pay wasn't very good.

Productive and friendly work environment

Here at Church's a typical work day can be somewhat stressful, but I make sure the job is always done properly and in a timely matter. During my time at Church's, I have learned how to manage others, have a better attitude towards others and have respect for everyone who enters our store, including our vendors. While here, I have learned a great deal on being a manger and have advanced to become the general manager. My co-workers and myself all get along well with each other and we know that respecting one another is the key to an excellent and productive work day. Being respectable towards each other is what makes the day go by with ease. For me, our lunch rush is the most enjoyable part of my day because it gets my adrenaline pumping and the day starts flow faster because we are so busy getting our customers in, serving them properly and getting them back to their day. Lunch is when all of our local city workers visit our store and it's just refreshing to see all the hard working, loyal customers spend their lunch breaks with us. This makes me feel very proud because that lets me know that I have done a job well done and that our customers are satisfied with our work.

Pros

Working with people with different personalities

Cons

Being on salary and having to work way over my required hours sometimes

Productive and fun

I enjoyed managing this high volume restaurant. It provided me with the opportunity to gain experience in customer service.

Pros

compensation

Cons

no benefits