Church's Chicken

Church's Chicken Employee Reviews

Found 48 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,654 reviews

It is good to work there because i love to interact withpeople.

My review is good to working there the staff is comperating and i learn ao many new things pverthere specially how to deal with the customer. As well as the workers do help if there is new employee come on work they try to teach them in politely.

Pros

Mangement is really good.

Cons

More work to do in gravyard

Low salary

There’s not enough salary nor the paid leaves are given and also no more chances of promotions. Rest are good. Also the staff is not sufficient. As there are 2 cahiers and a manger there should be two cooks. More duties of cook are there.

horrible place to work at

Don't recommend working here at least not the weston location. Nobody knows what they are doing including the owners. Managers don't respond or pick up the phone and give you shifts on days you asked off. Several people also got kicked out of the work group chat and never got ahold of the owner. They also are very cheap and not inclusive. Training is also horrible they don't teach you at all but expect you to know everything and not make any mistakes. Overall you don't feel comfortable in the environment and they treat you horribly. This place has potential however they need a lot of help.

Pros

you make great friends

Cons

everything

Don’t waste your time

I had to argue with them every pay day just to get the pay I earned. Some people who work there haven’t been laid in 3 or more weeks . One guy wasn’t paid for 6 weeks.

Not motivating to work

Not organize, management is garbage, no benefits,, a lot of gossips, too much competition, we dont get rewarded, people are toxic, discriminatory, inconsistent, demanding, and most of all biased.

Pros

50% off meal

Unprofessional

Very unprofessional management at least at the Weston location. Didn’t respond to messages for weeks and treat employees unfairly. While working here I was never given that security you feel while you work somewhere and know you will 100% have a job the next week, I never felt that while working here. On top of that I was just removed from the company group chat with no warning, no message, nothing. They’re very unprofessional and very disorganized place and the management is terrible! One week they gave me no shifts, the next week the gave me none and then once again the next week no shifts and got kicked out of the group chat.

Pros

Co workers are nice

Cons

Poor management, Disorganized, rude

Don't work here

They don't pass ROE. The side owners are pressuring their employees. Sometimes they don't pay fair. Somehow the staff are nice but full of backstabbings. The main owner is nice though.

Cons

Toxic.

I would prefer to give no star.

Working at churches can be fun and easy. But the management makes it toxic. They will have favourites and if you don’t butter managers then you are in trouble. Your work efforts are not taken into account.

Pros

Made good friends.

Cons

worse management

Good service

I really love churchs chicken the worker and customers are great and i have the best managers ever I would love to work with them again for sure in the future

Good place to getting kitchen experience before get a job.

I did those things in the church @-Washing dishes -@Drying dishes @-Cleaning floor and kitchen @-Receiving guests @-Playing bass guitar Those experiences might be fit for working in the kitchen.

Productive and Friendly co-workers

Working on Church's Chicken at Hastings was been a good experienced to me because the other employees are very friendly and its not that stressful. The only stressful in that work was the rude customers who loves to complained, every time.

Productive and good workplace

Good working environment, co-workers and seniors were good at teaching how to do the job. Plus they were all very friendly, which made it comfortable and easier to work at.

Pros

good co-workers

Cons

heat and burn hazards

Challenging but fun workplace.

It helped me improve interacting with other people thus gaining knowledge in skills and techniques in the field of customer service. This is where I learned how to work with quality despite the pressure of time.

The job js good the community between restaurants. Is a nice and wholesome experience, learning and working was not successful

Working for them for about 2 years. I can say that it was worth it, the friends I made and the experiences I gained from the management is unforgettable.

Pros

Flexible hours.

Cons

Workers dont do more work than they have to.

fun and challenging

I learnt how to manage the store and co workers as a shift manager in a busy day but personally i learnt time management and working under pressure.working culture was great

Fun Workplace

Easy morning and difficult nights. Easy to learn to do things such as batter the chicken and cook it. Everyone is there to help one another and the staff is very nice.

Delayed Salary & unprofessional unethical team

Not much to review delayed payments by one month even more for few. The team is unprofessional, mostly people management is not done properly, again folks care less as they are not paid in time so a cyclic block to progress & betterment.

Hectic schedule, dispute between employees n management

Not paid on time during the job . Problem with scheduling. Partiality. preference to few employees . No job security , no proper meal break time to supervisors

Unprofessional Supervisors

The supervisors are bullies, they have favouritism among their co-workers and they dont treat everyone equally. The workplace is toxic because of the workers, but fortunately some workers are really nice especially those who work morning shifts on weekdays.

Fast paced, warm and energetic work environment

A typical day at work includes cooking, packing, lifting, cleaning and work behind the counter. Learned how to cook and prepare chicken properly Use of cashier at the front of the restaurant Preparation of ingredients needed Most employees working (including myself) are Filipino and I felt right at home because of the culture Some managers can come off as quite mean and I've had experiences with micromanagers Free Lunch is included and the food is good as long as it's prepared fresh.

Pros

Free lunch, fast paced environment, comfortable hours if scheduled out of the rush

Cons

Rush hours include sweaty, heated, and intense shifts

Productive and fun workplace environment

Working here was a great experience. Crew were very nice. Very clean environment. I met some amazing people and i enjoyed learning how to make great chicken.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Church's Chicken. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement