Church's Chicken

Church's Chicken Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
I did those things in the church
@-Washing dishes -@Drying dishes @-Cleaning floor and kitchen

@-Receiving guests @-Playing bass guitar

Those experiences might be fit for working in the kitchen.
Working at churches can be fun and easy. But the management makes it toxic. They will have favourites and if you don’t butter managers then you are in trouble. Your work efforts are not taken into account.
Pros
Made good friends.
Cons
worse management
I really love churchs chicken the worker and customers are great and i have the best managers ever I would love to work with them again for sure in the future
Working on Church's Chicken at Hastings was been a good experienced to me because the other employees are very friendly and its not that stressful. The only stressful in that work was the rude customers who loves to complained, every time.
Good working environment, co-workers and seniors were good at teaching how to do the job. Plus they were all very friendly, which made it comfortable and easier to work at.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
heat and burn hazards
It helped me improve interacting with other people thus gaining knowledge in skills and techniques in the field of customer service. This is where I learned how to work with quality despite the pressure of time.
Working for them for about 2 years. I can say that it was worth it, the friends I made and the experiences I gained from the management is unforgettable.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Workers dont do more work than they have to.
I learnt how to manage the store and co workers as a shift manager in a busy day but personally i learnt time management and working under pressure.working culture was great
Easy morning and difficult nights. Easy to learn to do things such as batter the chicken and cook it. Everyone is there to help one another and the staff is very nice.
Not much to review delayed payments by one month even more for few.

The team is unprofessional, mostly people management is not done properly, again folks care less as they are not paid in time so a cyclic block to progress & betterment.
Not paid on time during the job . Problem with scheduling. Partiality. preference to few employees . No job security , no proper meal break time to supervisors
The supervisors are bullies, they have favouritism among their co-workers and they dont treat everyone equally. The workplace is toxic because of the workers, but fortunately some workers are really nice especially those who work morning shifts on weekdays.
A typical day at work includes cooking, packing, lifting, cleaning and work behind the counter.

Learned how to cook and prepare chicken properly

Use of cashier at the front of the restaurant

Preparation of ingredients needed

Most employees working (including myself) are Filipino and I felt right at home because of the culture

Some managers can come off as quite mean and I've had experiences with micromanagers

Free Lunch is included and the food is good as long as it's prepared fresh.
Pros
Free lunch, fast paced environment, comfortable hours if scheduled out of the rush
Cons
Rush hours include sweaty, heated, and intense shifts
Working here was a great experience. Crew were very nice. Very clean environment. I met some amazing people and i enjoyed learning how to make great chicken.
i was deloighted working there and have learnt decent amout of team spirit and working under pressure as well as regarding cooking from the staff senior
Pros
helpful staff
Worked with a great team, however pay was not that great. Overall good experience and learned a lot serving various types of customers each shift and learning how to deal with difficult ones.
Cons
pay rate, scheduling
the managers are horrible. everyone who worked there was indian and they all spoke in their own language so EXPECT to feel left out. the manager does not care if youre being bullied
Pros
50% of food
Cons
Gross place to work
Sometimes, it is stressful but overall experience was very good and learning.
The environment is good and team crew was very cooperative with each.

I would like to join in future if i get a chance to be hired their.
Pros
50% discount
Typical work day start at 10am-4pm or 4pm-10pm. I have learned to have patience with people because of the customer service experience. Management is wonderful they are more like close friends with makes the work atmosphere light and comfortable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a disrespectful customer especially if you the best part is meeting new and exciting people
Pros
free lunch
Cons
May get double shifts
Fair , happy and fun workplace with co employees .
Enjoy talking to different kind of customers everyday while taking their orders and their likeness to our food that we serve to them
Pros
Free meal
Cons
That you can not place everybody
It was quite a good experience where everyone was nice. working there was very flexible, you could work on the days you want. A lot of friendly customers greet you, have awesome managers to work with. overall it was a good experience, and currently hiring people.
Pros
Free Luunches, nice work staff, very friendly owners