Chudleigh's Employee Reviews

Productive workplace and friendly environment
Coop Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON12 June 2018
Did not expect the amazing amount of friendliness and positivity here at Chudleigh's. Everyone is really nice and helpful in all situations. Being one of the few co-op students, other coworkers made the environment and workplace very enjoyable to work in. Everyday is a new experience to learn from. And, the products taste amazing.
Friendly job environment
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON25 May 2018
Very Friendly job environment. Opportunity to learn and grow your technical knowledge.
Management gives you confidence to lead projects for continuous improvements in the infrastructure.
Free Lunches and Pie's are common
Pros
Free Lunches
Great so far
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Milton25 May 2018
I've just been hired and so far the experience has been great! I have received great training and have met with most of the staff. It's a good environment to work in.
Pros
great training
Cons
lots to learn
Very nice environment with nice people
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2018
This factory is a clean place to work at. The staff here is very nice and patient. They teach you everything and make sure you learn. The environment is nice to work in.
Pros
Break time was fair
Cons
Night time shifts
Great Opportunities, Awesome products, Dedicated Teams
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON11 April 2018
As Chudleighs is growing, it can be difficult to decide how to integrate new best practices and systems without losing the wonderful family culture that has made the company successful to date. Some people struggle to understand the change required while others struggle to appreciate the past. That is not a bad thing and is a natural transition for growth as we learn to integrate new thinking with historical strength. Not everyone may see it, however the management team spends a considerable amount of time trying to figure out how move forward to benefit both employees and our customers. Sure, sometimes we can miss the mark and struggle. However everyone at Chudleighs is learning and growing together with opportunities for anyone who wants to move forward. One thing for sure, there are a lot of great people who are dedicated to making awesome tasting products while striving to make it a great place to work. I feel privileged to be part of the team. Way to go Chudleighs!
Pros
Great culture & teams, opportunities for growth, Education is key
No opportunity for advancement
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 April 2018
The owners are good but the management is not good. There is no opportunity for advancement. Every position is micromanaged . You can get in trouble for someone else's mistakes.
Culture is changing
Office (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 March 2018
Poor exec management especially production. people go on stress leaves and the owners may not know this is happening more and more. They left too soon.
Sadly the new regime wants to change the culture and what the owners built. Not a positive environment.
Products are delicious and customers love Chudleighs.
The benefits pkg and perks are great thank you Chudleigh’s family.
Pros
Lunch, benefits, recognition
Cons
Terrible management
Packager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2018
Accirding to my experience, i learn different new things regarding bakery. It was very interesting and beneficial for me. The employees of this company was very cooperative.
Pros
Free tea, lunch
Welcoming and helpful environment
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 February 2018
I started working at Chudleigh's in 2012 and it was a very nice experience. The environment was very welcoming and I got used to it quickly. I made a lot of new friends there had a great time.
One of the best choice food processing company in Canada
Production Organizer (Current Employee) –  8501 Chudleighs Way22 February 2018
I have worked at several large companies from being a Manager to a Production Organizer and I must say that Chudleighs company culture, kept me here for close to 8 years and I am very satisfied with my tenure here.

The Company has a great benefit plan, a matching contribution to your RRSP plan and great people all around. This may be the only company you may be privileged to work at because of the friendliness of most of the people in the plant, it is a home away from home. The HR and Payroll department led by Amanda and Jana is the best that I have encountered to date.

This company is a food processing plant producing some of the highest and tastiest deserts in the world and boast of over 100 full time employees.
The company reward people with efficiencies and high fives . When efficiencies are met the company provide lunch for all full and part time employees, company harvest party, Summer barbecue, not forgetting Walmart and Gusto cards to employees
Pros
Benefits package, RRSP contribution, Gusto, Walmart and High Fives, and great people
Cons
Floor Management needs more attention than ensure consistency

Comment – 23 February 2018

In addition to the above review, I just wanted to add a note in commenting that " Chudleighs" is the brand of the family name and they have been very generous and down to earth people that I know. They are great contributors to many charities and we are honoured to work for such a fine group of owners.

Sweet Treats and Even Sweeter Team
Employee (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 February 2018
Chudleigh's makes the most delicious and savory treats- the atmosphere also reflects that. Great people to work with, very collaborative, innovative, and genuine! Chudleigh's is HUGE on recognition, and appreciating the employees that work here. Great pay, competitive benefits and even a very generous RRSP matching program. Personal and professional development are of very high importance to the Owners and Executive committee- yearly educational allowance to top it off!

Great team to be apart of!!
Pros
compensation, team and treats
Productive & fun place to work
Past employee (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 February 2018
Wonderful family company. Management are great to work with & great work/life balance. Doesn't hurt that you get to sample the amazing desserts & give back to the community & all the fun events!
The best culture around!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON9 February 2018
Chudleigh's has a family friendly environment and really cares about their employees. The appreciation for hard work and great values goes a long way. There are a lot of recognition programs including gift cards, monthly draws, and celebration events. It's a great company to work for if you want to have an impact, share your ideas, and grow! The company not only cares about the employees but also the community. They support the Darling Home in Milton which cares for children with critical disabilities. Other benefits include RRSP matching and 100% benefits coverage, education allowance, employee sale! (so you can take home the delicious desserts that are made) I love Chudleigh's and highly recommend it.
Welcoming atmosphere with strong core values
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON9 February 2018
Chudleigh's is an amazing company to work with strong core values and people who really make the workplace environment enjoyable. Everyone is very friendly and hard working, making the customers the ultimate priority. Chudleigh's is an important part of the Milton/Halton community and I feel proud of the work that is done at this facility.
Pros
Company lunches, rewards and recognition, good benefits
Best Work Culture and Environment I Have Ever Experienced
Employee (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON9 February 2018
I have been employed at Chudleigh's for a couple years, but I was also employed at various places prior to Chudleigh's. I can honestly say the work culture they have created and built off of their roots is truly something to admire and appreciate. I do not think you will find anything like it. It is upbeat and positive, innovative, collaborative and has a "family" feel to it.

And hey to comment on the other "reviewer" yes the work in production is mess, but that's because you are making deserts, you are working with a variety of messy ingredients like flour and chocolate; the process is messy, but the end products are always superb.

I also think that there is a suitable management team to help drive Chudleigh's to the new heights they are trying to reach. The Executive committee is open and transparent, and make a point to personally learn everyone's name.

At Chudleigh's you are not just a number, and it makes a world of difference!
Pros
Great Culture, Great Team, Solid Foundation to Grow off of
Cons
Not enough exposure (always gets confused with the farm, people don't know the 110, 000 sq ft bakery exists)
Managment is a Clueless Train Wreck
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 January 2018
Fast paced pushed hard time is money. Constant turnover in staff new temp staff every other day with language barrier. Great Ownership but left company reigns in the wrong hands. Benefit plan also great.
Pros
Ownership Benefits
Cons
Dysfuntional Upper Managment
Alright for a first job but not great
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 August 2017
Can be a pro or con but working here might make you hate dessert. The employees are nice and helpful and the general attitude is the typical "we are all in Management's mess together." They always seem to be hiring for production... I would keep this place as a last resort unless you are going for a non production job (management, mechanic/electrician, shipping, office, etc)
Pros
Decent benefits, cheap desserts at employee sale
Cons
Low wage, messy hard work, always busy
Okay for a first job but not great
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 August 2017
Pros
Decent benefits, cheap desserts at employee sale
Cons
Low wage, messy hard work, always busy
Great Ownership Terrible Upper Management
Mixer/Blender (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 July 2017
Company has great benefit plan the pay was descent. Hours are too long. Temp staff issues with language barrier so constantly training with high turnover. Terrible Upper Management! Different rules for different people. The new Regime and culture was my motivation to leave.
Pros
Ownership Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
friendly supervisar
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Malton, ON2 February 2017
very nice place to work.provide deals of shoping.give salery at time.ride is availible.proper care is taken for cleaning.i learned how to use dumper.more about chocklate dises.cakes and about packing of grocery etc
Pros
free tea, coffe
Cons
far away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chudleigh's. Our community is ready to answer.

Chudleigh's Reviews by Location