Chudleigh's Apple Farm

Insights into Chudleigh's Apple Farm

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Amazing atmosphere, horrible management

Well I absolutely love the people I work with at Chudleighs in the hours for the most part are pretty stable the management is pretty bad at scheduling and giving breaks even though it gets deducted from your pay they are very miss informative and management is really bad at giving you enough notice for your schedule. The employees and staff here all on the same page everybody is great team we all look out for one another and it’s very home environment it’s just the management that ruins the day everyone else is amazing and the people here are so great you occasionally get the horrible customer who just complains about how expensive everything is but other than that Chudleighs is fun

Pros

Staff, atmosphere, friends, team

Cons

Bad Management, low pay, never know when you’re working until the night before

Great Place to work at

I really enjoyed working here. Had a great time and it was very relaxed and the other staff made the shifts go by seamlessly. I would recommend to students looking for seasonal employment.

Working at Chudleighs has been an amazing experience

I feel as though I have learned a lot at my time at Chudleighs and it is a very collaborative environment. Everyone I have met is super friendly and enjoys their roll at the farm. Schedules are pretty steady and management is the best I’ve ever experience

Pros

Management, staff, outdoors, environment

Cons

Stressful, long days

Enjoyable Experience with Great People

Was a lot of dirty work but that was sort of something I liked, that being a very hands on experience with the animals. Chudleighs was a very home-like and comforting environment and the workers were always looking towards the best interest and care of all the animals and the costumers/children that were present! Great experience and would highly recommend it there! Also great food served!

Fun & Welcoming Environment

Management is very friendly, but often forget to inform the non higher ups of things that the lowers are meant to deal with throughout the day that the higher-ups are "supposed" to deal with themselves. Also, many of the managers tell the workers completely different things, leaving us in confusion of what to really be doing or saying. Beautiful scenery, and most coworkers are very familiar and are willing to be there for you. Always had fun working there.

Pros

Lenient work hours, fair lunches.

Cons

Misinformative managers, unreliable debits.

Great and Fun Place to work

Always kept busy, very organized, hardest part of the job was serving every customer quickly, it was lots of fun to work at Chudleigh's. Everyone is friendly, will always have something to do.

fun and accepting workplace

On a typical day you would direct all customers entering and leaving the farm. You would get a 30 minute lunch break, but some days only 15 if the farm was especially busy. The co-workers there are very friendly, but some of the management is not very welcoming or forgiving.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

poor management

productive and easy going people

friendly environment - nice people - great customers - great experience great place to work, very friendly staff! I loved working there, great experience

Long

Chudleigh's Apple Farm is a lovely place, especially if you are new to the working industry. It allows a lot of room for learning experiences. Highly recommend.

Took care of customers very well and treated employees fair. Nature was beautiful , setting was peaceful and employees were friendly. Also breaks were granted when needed.

Pros

Discount food

Cons

Long Hours

A positive and strict working environment

My work experience at Chudleigh's Apple Farm was an overall great experience. My job was to supervise the entertainment area of the farm which contained the children's play area, face paint and balloons. It was my responsibility to manage the workers in this area of the farm as well as to set up their stations and schedules for each day. I learned to manage groups of people very well, especially children. I have hosted birthday parties that followed a strict schedule and also have experience with concerned parents.I learned grained leadership and organizational skills that have made me grow as an employee.

Pros

great environment and good hours.

Cons

weather interfered with work because it was outdoors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chudleigh's Apple Farm. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement