Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Fun place to work can be busy at times you need to be organized but if you know what you doing times flys
Former server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 May 2019
Great place to work they even do chef apprentice so great to get your feet in the door / amazing tips if you are on time and hard working team player menagment let’s you do your thing
Pros
Great tips, fun place to be and feel like you are part of family
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Terrible place the gm is the probably the dumbest person I’ve ever worked for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2019
I have never worked at a place this terrible in my life, not to mention the management is horrific, gm and assistant gm are just there to talk About people and gossip like thier in high school or something, don’t recommend this place to anyone I hate this place and never will go back again.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No discount and the staff are lazy
productive, fun work place
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2019
I tried to learn something new everyday by doing new things. Everyone was so nice taking me in and having a little family there. I started there as a co-op student and had a lot of fun making new friends along the way
Pros
free lunches
Cons
to many hours and had to focus on school
Mickey Mouse could run this place better!!
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  ft erie12 May 2019
Where do I start? Management is a joke, don't have a clue what is going on,, other restaurants rejects. They offer $14 a hour for cooks with no tip out or benefits,, are you guys for real,, get with the program. I might as well wash dishes , or work at the go-cart track taking tickets. Cooks are in high demand, we're going with the place that offers us something.. You will learn nothing here, except how things are not supposed to be done.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
starting
love it
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON6 May 2019
I love my team i love my customers absolutely the place to work. I moved to be close to home. Hoping they will rehire so i can be close to my granddaughter.
Extremely amazing experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON25 April 2019
The environment and atmosphere were amazing, all staff was pleasant and kind and engaging. Managers were respectful, organized and treated the staff fairly, listened to problems and quickly found proper solutions. The kitchen staff was extremely nice as well. Everyone worked productively there was good communication. My typical day included serving food, interacting with the staff, cleaning my section, restocking the back kitchen. I learned good time management skills, proper questions and manner to make the customers day pleasant and satisfied. just working there was my favorite part of the job I really enjoyed the staff and my work days were extremely enjoyable.
harassment of employees
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON23 April 2019
Constant inappropriate behaviour. Tips were more than my regular pay check. Management schedule you in without letting you know. unhygienic kitchen status. Poor organizations and customer service skills for management and owner.
Management sucks
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 April 2019
Management and coworkers have different morale and will throw you under the buss every time. Had to call the cops 4 times in one month of working there. Servers are not smart serve trained
Terrible Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON14 April 2019
A consistently busy restaurant but very poor management. The general manager is unappreciative of hard working staff and does not hesitate to gossip about employees to fellow staff members. Overall negative work environment with unhappy staff due to poor management. Would not recommend this as a place of employment.
Pros
Steady restaurant
Cons
Poor management, unhappy staff
Horrible place with a terrible GM
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON4 April 2019
When I was working at the Chuck's in Hville I was there almost every single day for at least 10 hours. Never seeing my kids and worked to the bone. Constant bullying of each other from the GM and other associates. Nothing was clean or done right. Was always treated like a moron. Would never go back
Pros
Few good people
Cons
Was utter bullcrap with all the fighting
Dissapointing
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON10 March 2019
Work hours are crazy mostly will be doing double shifts and then there's also the 3% Fee that you have to explain to the customers. Owners will most likely be frustrated since they have to deal with Obsidian Group.
alright place to work
Prep Cook and Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON4 March 2019
was a alright job too many chiefs not enough indians most of the staff worked at the resturant before it became chucks roadhouse so you could see why the other resturant failed plus everyone told you to do things their way so you never new if you were doing it right
Cons
wanted me to work 10 to 12 hours a day
not a good experience at all
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 February 2019
awful hours. awful management. FILLED with drama. lying and stealing from management. no tip out. no breaks. terrible scheduling. unrealistic rules (no smoke breaks AT ALL between 12-3 and 5-8.) (if you wanted to sit at the bar after working to drink, you MUST change your complete outfit, including jeans. you are unable to just put a sweater or jacket over chucks shirt) (only allowed to eat ONE HOUR before a shift is starting.)
Pros
coworkers.
Cons
long hours. awful management.
solid
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 February 2019
good staff, management was disorganized. Poorly laid out and can create a pressured environment. The enjoyable parts were the overall staff, great energy and very positive.
Pros
staff
Cons
no benefits on menus
Horrible management
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2019
The food is pretty good but you don't get a discount as an employee. The management is so bad there that the turnover rate for employees is extremely high.
Its really up to you
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2019
If you really want to work for them go ahead but its not a fun place to work for, management lacks the skills needed to manage a place, they've got employees that think their management
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Terrible place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON27 January 2019
Terrible place to work too much drama and everyone is very VERY unprofessional. Never got my proper tip out , was treated poor because of my age . Most of the time they didn’t give me my proper pay check it was always short . Everyone there is very immature and disrespectful. Would not recommend working there !!
Pros
When I left
Cons
The boss and the tip out
fun place to work.
Server (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2019
good.
i didn't learn anything i didn't know just menu items.
management could have been way better.
the hard part was nothing at all.
it was always fun interacting with other people.
it was alright besides the hours
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2019
I wasn't able to work the times they wanted. the other coworkers were very friendly and helpful. The management was poor, they weren't able to find the appropriate work schedule.
Amazing staff. Underappreciated by owners with a high tip out that goes to them
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON3 January 2019
Chuck's has an amazing staff to work with but with to many leaders and a change in management all the time we constantly worried about if we were going to have a job tomorrow. Our tip out was raised to 4% which went to the owners and was taken away from kitchen, dish and host staff. A place that sells 6$ burgers and half pitchers for $5 the customers alot of the time we're trying to not spend money which greatly affected out tips. Also there was no Christmas party's or any type of appreciation for the hard work we did.
Pros
Easy to switch shifts
Cons
Sometimes only 3 hour shifts with 4% tip out. Full price food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9