Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Work somewhere else !!! Not worth your time and energy

The management is awful! There is no one to help you that knows what they are doing when you need it. There is no care for your personal life at all all they care about is money ! Work someone else where you are valued and given the respect you deserve

Pros

Cons

Management sucks

Horrible company to work for

I have worked at a lot of restaurants, and Chucks is by far the worst place I have ever been employed. ALL they care about is income- they don't care about their employees what so ever. (The managers and employees at the restaurant were great, it is the owners) They will greatly reduce your hours without notice, withhold tip out, and take away assigned shifts. You tip out 4% on your TAXED total, and the staff hardly gets any of the tip out returned to them (bartenders and cooks get very little tip out) Sure you can make money here as a server, but the bills are so cheap you have to turn over three times as many tables to make the same amount as other restaurants. They take off a 15 minute break from each shift worked unless you specify that you didn't take one, they don't give you any sort of discount (you have to pay for a pop to even get the half price apps)Overall I would highly suggest finding another restaurant job if you want to be even the slightest bit appreciated, or valued.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, coworkers

Cons

Don't value their employees, no discount, large turnover, not reliable income

Not worth your time

The management at Chuck's was the worst I've experienced. I never got the help I needed, proper training, and communication was awful. We constantly had communication problems, between myself, the severs, and management. I would not recommend working here unless you are desperate to work in the restaurant industry, there are so many better options out there.

Hard working, effeciant, friendly, team playing, loyal and honest and energetic group of people

Like the people I work with and genuinely enjoy taking care of our guests! I'm always happy to go to work. There's nothing more satisfying than that!!

Pros

Half off appetizers

Cons

Gossip, drama

Good staff and healthy management

Current working environment is healthy and enjoyable. We had some time we were very busy, but its part of job. Foh manager is very accommodating and supporting. I strongly recommend this oakville location for some one to start serving shift.

Cons

No free meals

Terrible place to work as FOH

Do not get me wrong, coworkers were amazing but the management is horrid. They set everyone up for failure and throws their entire staff under the bus for their mistakes. The owners are the managers and have had no intention to hire any new GMs or AGMs, knowing they can barely run the restaurant. They tell Hosts that they do not take reservations, yet when they take a phone call they allow it, completely undermining the hosts. They will also barge in and do your job for you, never communicating what they did and resulting in angry customers. Hosts were bashed on a daily basis and the owners wouldn't even allow them to defend themselves. This caused a major mental health problem and I absolutely do not recommend working here.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Setting you up for failure

Fun and enjoyable co workers

It was fast paced and most everyone worked well together. Kitchen manager didn’t seem interested in accommodating special requests from customers. You have to pat for your own uniforms

No comment

Don't work there .. they pay minimum wage to work your butt off in a very busy and fast paced enviornment .. nothing else to say but don't apply there

stressful and harsh working environment

Stressful and critical working environment with poor staff management. No breaks given other than smoke breaks no matter how long your shift is. No real job descriptions or boundaries.

Pros

free soda while working

Awful Experience

The owners only cared about themselves and did not take into account your availability. I would be scheduled on days I made aware I was unable to work and when I did work the hours were excruciating long with NO BREAK during 10-hour shifts. They never scheduled enough people to work on extremely busy weekends, therefore leaving only three front-of-house staff to care for the entire restaurant. The schedule would change constantly without notice, payout went into the owner's pockets and not the kitchen staff. Very disappointed with my experience here.

Horrible Place to work

This was my first job, and it was horrible. I applied and was hired as a dishwasher and the managers made me of course, wash dishes, but also I was basically the janitor. I had to take garbage and recycling out, which was the best part of the day because you could sneak in a few minutes of a break, but i also had to clean the dining area, and clean all 4 bathrooms. The managers never helped and never gave me enough hours, which I dont mind because the workplace was horrible. The co-workers are amazing, but the managers are suspicious individuals who arent cut to run a buisness.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Long hours. Horrible managers

Friendly

Chucks is like family. Staff are nice, caring, respectful, and it’s a fun environment. There is lots of support and trust. Great place to work. Get to meet lots of great people too.

Amazing Place to work

Haven’t been there long, but I absolutely love the place and there is always room to grow within the restaurant which is important to me as a college student who is studying to get into the industry.

Didn’t like it at all, gross environment, not clean

Management sucks, they pick favorites. Nobody want to help you, barely any training, you’re just thrown in. Management doesn’t have your back. Other employees nasty and rude. Would not recommend working here

Pros

Literally nothing

Cons

No discounts, bad environment

Poorly Managed

Don’t start your first kitchen job here, it will ruin kitchens for you. This is not real cooking and other restaurants are a lot better to work for especially privately owned ones. Only Franchise kitchens like this one have one closer, which is a lot of work for one person. It’s manageable but you burn out pretty fast. This location doesn’t do cash tip outs which is unheard of in the restaurant industry. You end up working 10x harder for your earned tips when you’re not getting them based off a dollar an hour. 10 hours equals 10 dollars in tips (added to your pay check which is taxed) mean while other places you can get more based on your performance and you get to keep 100% of the earnings.

Cons

No Cash Tip out, No Discount on meals ever

You’ll make more money and hours elsewhere.

No management, hours are only for the bartenders first even if you have full time availability. I made more money elsewhere. No team work involved. Everyone talks about eachother and never resolves situations face to face... the Owners take our tip out, and honestly this place is not worth your time !!! No free lunches, no breaks, no benefits either.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, no free food or discounted food, no hours given

Bi polar managment

So let's start with health code violations. The bi polar kitchen manager always likes to store raw meat above cooked product, I brought this up many times but the issue continues. Oh, if you get hired look for the 6 month old cherry sauce in a bucket on the floor. It sat there open with ladle in it for months past the expiry date and the manager gave me trouble for wanting to throw it out.

Pros

Cons

Working there.

This place needs MAJOR improvements

I have worked a few bad restaurant jobs but this one was the absolute worst. Owners are disrespectful and degrading. They don't have enough staff working ever. Finally left after working a completely packed night with just myself and one other working during a pandemic. They play it off like they have good clean Covid-19 practices but I can tell you they don't. The workload thrown on the servers leaves so much room for error. Its also incredibly hard to make money there as bartenders take 30+ minutes to make your drinks. The owners don't care if your table waits 2 hours to get both their food and their drinks, as long as the customers pay, which always results in not being tipped. The type of clientele that frequent this place are generally cheap and rude. I wouldn't suggest anyone work here, the pay off is not worth the effort. Theres so many better restaurants to work at in the area, steer clear of this one.

The Owners are terrible!

It's sink or swim in a pool of sharks! The environment is toxic! The Owners feel like they own you. I was told specifically to do as I'm told and never to question. If the day was slow, you got sent home. There are zero breaks, no lunch hour! I'm pretty sure that's against the law, but the employees who smoke get a smoke break. It's a horrible place to work. Best of luck to you!!

Pros

There are none

Cons

They will send you home after 1 hour and make you sign a paper stating that you are ok with this, otherwise they cut your hours

London chucks owners steals 95% tip out from staff to keep

If you’re not directly related to owners don’t expect tip out. Owners family keep almost allThe tip out.You’re responsible to pay for guest complaints & food send backs. Dine & dash . Order errors.Guests will scream in your face, 80% of guests are extremely rude aggressive and definitely do not tip.

Pros

Cons

Working at chucks London

Horrible

Clueless, unfair, dishonest and incompetent owners. They expect you to work insane hours and treat you like garbage. Manager is a slow-witted arrogant jerk Dont waste your time. You'll end up quitting.

Cons

angry customers, poor treatment of workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6