Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2018
Horrible place to work, I don’t advise this place at all. I worked at the west dale location in Mississauga, and the managers are all idiots. They have absolutely NO idea on what they are doing. They schedule you for a shift, than cut you 2 hours into your shift no breaks are given. You basically have to go to the back and take a quick break of your own. When I worked here I worked 57 hours and they didn’t see nothing wrong with it. Again this place is terrible do not work here, you’ve been warned.
everyone does their jobs
dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 May 2018
Busy place at times, the owner is nice to work for. But sometimes scheduling is messed up, and gotten to work and had to go home. Most of the time the servers treat my station as a dumping ground and I have clean their mess all the time.
Pros
I work a day shift, some nice people
Cons
cleaning up other peoples and doing someone else's job
Productive fun workplace
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 April 2018
Good entry level cooking job. experienced staff are full of knowledge and there to help you improve your skills. management is understanding and supportive of you work ethic
good
BARTENDER AND SERVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON1 April 2018
relaxed, collaborative work environment
good hours, usually steady flow
holidays very busy
diverse menu, brings people in along with cheap prices
fun time
Owners steal your tips
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON27 March 2018
The Fort Erie Chucks steals server's tips daily. The honest to goodness fee goes directly to the owners and as the funds are cash they likely aren't reported as income nor are taxes paid. The owners are complete crooks.
Poor Management/ "Honest to Goodness Fee" ruined business
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 March 2018
Management was very poor.

They fired great/hardworking employees and kept those who often came in wasted. There was a very poor relationship between staff and management.

There were tons of food complaints.

The hardest part of the job was explaining The "Honest to Goodness" fee. This fee ruined lots of business, and lowered tips for staff. There is no need to put that on the table, prices are cheap enough!

I personally, was hired as a server. I often got pushed to expo. as I was one of few who actually knew what went with each meal. I received no kitchen tip-outs for assuming this role.

One evening, I fell hard in the dining room. I still have a very sore back from this event. No write-up was taken after the matter. In fact, I was randomly fired the next day. Claims were made that they needed to cut staff, days later positions flooded online job sites.

Overall, the business has opportunity to be a great company.
However, continual poor management and a high turnover rate at multiple locations leaves me to think otherwise.

After all being said.... The beer prices were never an issue. Perhaps, the best thing going for the restaurant.
Mississauga Westdale location is terrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2018
Management does not care about employees. Managers are unorganized and inexperienced. Did not train us properly and expected us to do everything perfectly. 4% tip out goes to managers, not staff. overpriced uniforms. if management was different this would be a better place to work.
Pros
Cons
As a server you barely get tables, A lot of your tips go to management, Westdale location is not busy at all
Decent job
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON20 March 2018
Allowed to listen to music, always meet new people. Management is not as good as it used to be. Would sometimes work very long shifts but I was okay with that so it wasnt a problem.
Pros
Money
Cons
Very little discount, no free food
great experience, met lots of good people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON16 March 2018
Good experience, learned a lot of new things. Wasn't the best job i have had. Too high of tip out to corporate, which didnt go towards bartenders, cooks or hostess.
Fun
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON7 March 2018
Chucks roadhouse was a good learning experience in my opinion because it allows one to familiarize yourself with the kitchen surroundings without a lot of stress.
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
No real breaks
Great Place to Work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON27 February 2018
It was a great place to work however I didn't feel I was able to go any further with the Ingersoll location I was just plopped on afternoons and left there.
Pros
excellent people
Family place to eat
Trained new hostess (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2018
A typical day at work was easy. The staff got along really well, almost like a second family. The hardest part of the job was probably working the kitchen during dinner rushes.
Terrible place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 January 2018
They make you work like a dog with no free meals or benefits and right before the 3 month mark they fire people for a bulls*** reason. they also demand way to much from their employees.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON9 January 2018
Lots of late nights, no discounts on food. Friendly work environment, fun place to work. Not particularly well managed. Cheap prices, so not so great tips.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Late nights
fun and friendly envormment
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 January 2018
was a great place and work and to hang out
how to do daily position of staff, weekly schedules, dlive daily cleaning duties to each employees, serve and bartend when needed helped expo daily in kitchen when needed
Pros
great staff
Cons
travel
fast paced work environment with a fun vibe
Server (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON13 November 2017
its a fun energetic place to work. it gets very busy sometimes but everyone is willing to help each other. everyone is like a big family, and the regulars make it even more fun and gives it more of a family feel.
Great Staff, Poor Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 October 2017
It wasn't my best experience as a server. Management needs to be a little more organized. Great people but a toxic work environment probably due to the location of the restaurant.
Cons
Work environment
Unorganized
Hostess duties (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON13 September 2017
Not an enjoyable environment. the management was ever organized, the staff was always rude, there wasn't enough training and it never made me want to strive for more or work harder
Not your typical
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
Fast paced which I love, however there are alot of changes that need to be made to make this what it could be. I believe that it isn't a lack of wanting it to be a great place to work, but a lack of knowledge in the industry to make it that way.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not the greatest leadership
productive and good work enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON16 August 2017
The team and environment was amazing to be in each and everyday. I would highly recommend more business to be run the same way, as it makes everyone happy to be working long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.