Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Canada194 reviews

kitchenserverbartendercheaprestaurantownerdrinkprice

Overbearing management but good money

Drama within workers, as half of the employees live together and repeat anything said with no context. Management talks down to staff or creates unhealthy competition

It’s hard to enjoy anything about Chucks Roadhouse Bracebridge when the manager is all about themselves first!

Change your manager and it may be an enjoyable place once again! It is suppose to be a team environment not a one man show! Vacation time not approved unless you are the manager, and always favorites! For a place that once was fantastic is now a shame.

Pros

Nothing anymore

Cons

The manager and owner thinks everyone is a thief and are being watched over cameras everyday!

Insights into Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

The worst management/owners ever

There’s a reason they can’t keep employees. Worst place to work. You’re just a disposable work horse for them. Don’t care to assist or help you in any way.

Fun workplace, poor pay

Pay not worth the amount of work done. You will barley get breaks because you’ll have so many orders to do. You’ll be running the show at solo most nights too.

Horrible place to work

Horrible management. They don’t care about you at this company and if you do 1 thing wrong they will find anything possible to fire you from the establishment.

Revolving door of servers

Probably one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management was awful, coworkers were great but management couldn’t function properly after a mass walk out from other servers. I wouldn’t recommend anyone work for this company. They treat you like garbage…I’m not sure if the rest of the locations are like this but it’s a cheap company and that comes across pretty clearly in the way we’re treated…

I was a kitchen manager

I started when they opened up the Niagara Falls store downtown Niagara Falls by Niagara Falls it was a busy location the food was very reasonable price and we were busy for the first two years seven days a week all through opening hoursThey paid well but because when we opened up it was off-season so we had a lot of people we hired and then they left to go back to their other jobs come June ash so we had a hard time finding cooks through the busy season so all the managers and supervisors how to four hours but it was good because the cash tip out every two weeks was pretty fair I should say it was put on her paycheques but it was good and help cover our taxes for the deductions and in the end we made more money it was a great job a busy locationAnd the corporate chef wasAmazing he would take input from his corporate managers and managers of franchisees great guy president and the owner of the corporation would come and visit you to feel like you were somebody they treated everybody with respect just a great company to work for you work hard you gain rewards you don’t work hard you get no hours I think that’s just a basic thing in lifetime

Owners take BOH tips

That 7% front of house gives to boh? Yeah about 99% ends up in the owners pocket. Then the managers. Boh gets pennys, while the owners are cashing in big time.

Pros

Friendships

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, owner takes majority of boh tips

Fast paste environment, depends on the area but it can be dangerous depending on location

Management is nice, easy to move up, a great place to start If you want to work in the hospitality industry. Always busy, a lot of prep work. Great experience for working with lobster and steaks

Pros

Free meal working 5 or more hours

Cons

Always busy can be tiring if you can’t handle it

Would not recommend

Treats their employees like dirt. Would not recommend working here. Penalized for making mistakes. No structure and no proper training. Will fire you for no reason.

Decent place.

Decent work environment there. Cheap food and beer make for some issues but to be truthful it’s not the end of the world. Ownership group was great to me during my time there.

Horrible Franchise

Sketchy staff. Unorganized management. Poor training.Make servers tip out 5% on gross sales. Bartenders get no tip out but are expected to make drinks. The list goes on....no food discount. Kitchen staff doesn't get tip out, neither does bartender..so who does?

Okay place to work

Poor management, short staffed, unorganized kitchen. If errors made on meal by the kitchen the managers would never want to discount customers meals.Casual dress code, black shirt and jeans.

The worst company to work for. Run for the hills.

Chuck’s Roadhouse was by far the worst establishment I've ever worked for which I don't say lightly. If you really want to be in the restaurant industry, I can assure you there are SO many other places where you'll actually feel useful and genuinely valued as not only an employee but as a person. Poorly run, unprofessional management team, no guidance and communication, excessive favouritism and the list of red flags goes on. Take note of the turnover rate and how often hard-working and dedicated employees will be kicked to the curb for no apparent reason and with no explanation. Unless you have an established relationship with members of management or staff on a personal level, you'll receive blatant unfair treatment which includes but is not limited to hour distribution, who gets micromanaged, who's on the chopping block and so forth. You'll get scolded for matters out of your hands and things that you can't possibly know are required of you unless you're told so apparently 'mind reader' should be added to the job requirements. Management will essentially put down and belittle staff as a result of their own lack of structure, support and overall inability to take on the responsibility of their role. You’ll constantly get hassled with unnecessarily aggressive messages you're expected to respond to outside of work and you're required to be on your feet for up to 12 hours with zero breaks just to list a few of the questionable practices. Most of the staff was pleasant enough to work with and I enjoyed getting to know my coworkers but it’s very much a clique-like environment with -

Hopefully not all locations are the same

To start, everything on the menu is ridiculously cheap in both the price and quality of the food. The average bill is typically under 50$.Especially after 9, when apps are half priced you can expect most bills to be under 20$ Even you give exceptional service most people don’t tip, or tip appropriately. I feel it’s in part how this place is branded. A glorified fast food restaurant. House is 5% and the “honest to goodness fee” honestly comes out of your tips, so overall tip out is 8%. Management is seriously lacking, overall, not a great place for experienced servers, however it’s a good place to start for entry level. You learn the overall idea of being a server but other than that I wouldn’t say there are many perks to working here.

Pros

Hourly wage. It’s a job. A job is better than no job if you have bills to pay.

Cons

The list is honestly too long

Food and cheap drinks are great, don't work there though.

I've never been to any locations outside of the one I was employed at, so I cannot speak for other owners and staff. That being said, while the food and drinks are great and you can't beat those prices, it was a terrible workplace environment full of people who will try to bully you and bring you down instead of help you get on your feet as a new employee. I'd never recommend anyone to work there unless they are able to handle nasty coworkers, but the money that you can make is pretty decent with the high table turnover.

comfortable, stable and lots of opportunity's

Chucks Road house in Belleville Ontario was a good place to work. Management is Honest and easy to talk to. The General manager is good at running the restaurant, understands the mechanics of the hospitality field and offers opportunity's to learn and advance. The kitchen staff (BOH), are friendly, willing to answer questions and a great team to work. Servers, bartenders and hosting staff are great with customers and work well with all parts of the restaurant as a whole.

Pros

staff meals, discount, accommodating, benefits

Cons

busy sometimes, night/day shifts

Sketchy and unprofessional

The owners of the chucks in London are up to some sketchy things. Never I’ve I ever worked in a restaurant where staff didn’t get a discount. Also the tip out doesn’t go to staff, where does it go you ask? Who knows, but I’m sure you can guess. Don’t respect their workers, don’t train new staff but still expect excellence and perfection.

It was okay

I worked here for a little over a month, it wasn’t enough money for me personally might be a good job for some servers that are just starting out/ can balance another job with this one

Meh

Customers are cheap but expect the world.Managers are EXTREMELY inexperienced outside of the GM at Richmond location.Kitchen is UNDERPAID.TIPOUT is not paid IN FULL to kitchen staff or bartenders

Pros

Busy

Cons

TIPOUT is not paid IN FULL to kitchen staff or bartenders

Bad management, rude staff

Management is horrible. Overall a poorly run place to work. Long-time staff get privileges over any other staff, management picks favourites. Rude staff

Pros

Cons

The staff is very problematic, they will talk bad about anyone and anything, Management is horrible, will not help you with majority of concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement