Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Amazing staff. Underappreciated by owners with a high tip out that goes to them
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON3 January 2019
Chuck's has an amazing staff to work with but with to many leaders and a change in management all the time we constantly worried about if we were going to have a job tomorrow. Our tip out was raised to 4% which went to the owners and was taken away from kitchen, dish and host staff. A place that sells 6$ burgers and half pitchers for $5 the customers alot of the time we're trying to not spend money which greatly affected out tips. Also there was no Christmas party's or any type of appreciation for the hard work we did.
Pros
Easy to switch shifts
Cons
Sometimes only 3 hour shifts with 4% tip out. Full price food
Overall
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2018
No benefit program
Poor training
Ownership lacking in experience
Ownership un sympathetic
Low salary
No possibility of advancement or salary increase
Absolutely horrible.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 October 2018
Management could not care less about employees well being. No benefits or discounts whatsoever. Hostess' NEVER included in tipout. Owner would reprimand you for being physically ill.
Horrible work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON13 December 2018
Chucks Roadhouse in Huntsville is a HORRIBLE place to work. I would never recommend it. Management is unprofessional and talks badly about all staff members. Employees are all around unhappy with the environment. Great employees are extremely under appreciated and therefore leave shortly after starting. Very high turnover rate at this location.
Pros
Fast table turnover
Cons
Gossiping management, unhappy work environment
Overal great place to work & Great people to work with
Line Cook/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON8 November 2018
Currently I still work there but more on a Call-in basis. great people to work with & have a laugh, Overall the workload is fair, it's not just 1 person doing the majority of tasks.
Smokers are guaranteed their break were as non smokers may not get their breaks
Staff pay for meals at a discounted price.
Pros
Easy going co-workers
Cons
No guaranteed # of hours
Good intro to serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON19 November 2018
This workplace had its ups and downs. The training was sufficient and head office came to help open the restaurant and train the employees. However, the management left to run the establishment was aloof, absent, and shorted employees on their paychecks (resulting in her termination eventually).
good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2018
Good for fast pace work. Usually very busy and have to learn to deal with many customers. Hardest part of the job is having to move quickly and doing everything fast pace.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Be ready to work on your own
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 July 2018
Working at Chuck's normally means doing everything on your own. There is hardly any teamwork, the business is disorganized as a whole entity, management is hard to get a hold of and they hardly listen to any requests. The money is not worth the trouble. Due to low prices, guests that usually come in are cheap & will tip 10% or sometimes no tip. You will get double or triple sat and are expected to provide excellent service and do not provide ongoing training for the hosts.
Very Productive and Fun environment
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 December 2018
Was a great place to work at, the hardest part about that job would be staying on top of all the cleaning while maintaining all the dishes and making sure your work area and back is always clean. Most enjoyable part was getting along with the rest of the staff. What I learned about while I was working there was being able to learn how to cook and prep some of the food.
Pros
Staff and the food
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2018
Horrible place to work, I don’t advise this place at all. I worked at the west dale location in Mississauga, and the managers are all idiots. They have absolutely NO idea on what they are doing. They schedule you for a shift, than cut you 2 hours into your shift no breaks are given. You basically have to go to the back and take a quick break of your own. When I worked here I worked 57 hours and they didn’t see nothing wrong with it. Again this place is terrible do not work here, you’ve been warned.
terrible
BARTENDER / SERVER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
miss management. owner ripping off employees. hired a bunch of staff strictly due to friendships and not qualifications. will do anything to squeeze a dollar out of a penny. under staffs daily to " keep labour costs down "...so guests get terrible service and dint come back
Fantastic place of work. Hard working team. Enjoy's our lunch and dinner rushes.
KITCHEN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 May 2018
A typical work day for me at chucks includes managing my team organizing daily routines, ordering, purchase reports, purchase summaries, workbooks, scheduling, inventory, leading the line during dinner rushes and making sure that each task is fulfilled by each team member. The management team here is fairly new but with hard work and determination we work well together to complete each day with successful results.
Pros
Excellent staff. Strong team. works hard.
Cons
Slow periods
Fun job
Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 October 2018
fun job once you get the hang of it. great people and always willing to lend a helping hand. competitive job if you're looking to make money a job i would recommend to anyone!
Poor Management/ "Honest to Goodness Fee" ruined business
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 March 2018
Management was very poor.

They fired great/hardworking employees and kept those who often came in wasted. There was a very poor relationship between staff and management.

There were tons of food complaints.

The hardest part of the job was explaining The "Honest to Goodness" fee. This fee ruined lots of business, and lowered tips for staff. There is no need to put that on the table, prices are cheap enough!

I personally, was hired as a server. I often got pushed to expo. as I was one of few who actually knew what went with each meal. I received no kitchen tip-outs for assuming this role.

One evening, I fell hard in the dining room. I still have a very sore back from this event. No write-up was taken after the matter. In fact, I was randomly fired the next day. Claims were made that they needed to cut staff, days later positions flooded online job sites.

Overall, the business has opportunity to be a great company.
However, continual poor management and a high turnover rate at multiple locations leaves me to think otherwise.

After all being said.... The beer prices were never an issue. Perhaps, the best thing going for the restaurant.
Good
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2018
Place was good to work for, staff and management was amazing. Only problem i encountered was the fact that when it got slow they cut my hours to part time
Terrible place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 January 2018
They make you work like a dog with no free meals or benefits and right before the 3 month mark they fire people for a bulls*** reason. they also demand way to much from their employees.
not good
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON29 August 2018
Management was horrible, I always got talked down and made fun of along with now the tips have been taking away they also choose favorites for who gets more hours and shifts. DO NOT WORK HERE
job was ok
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 November 2018
I didn't really like working here because i was un able to get the hours i wanted which made it difficult to pay some bills. I also worked a lot of on call shifts which i don't really like
Fast paced working environment.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ON22 October 2018
Good team environment all employees are taught to create a positive, fast paced workplace. Eficiency and quality control are crutial to success in the food industry and Chuck's teach's both.
Fun and Exciting
Hostess - Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 July 2018
This job was a bit slow paced rather than fast some days but don't get me wrong, it was a great experience as well. This was my first job ever as a Server, I loved the lady that hired me and the experience was a great one. I made some great friends working at this place that I still keep in touch with. There were challenges but it was nothing that couldn't be done. Good place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.