Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill

Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Canada145 reviews
Poor Ownership
This location was owned by three partners. One was fantastic, one was never there, and one undermined me at every turn. What made it worse was that he knew absolutely nothing about the business. He didn't want to follow franchise rules or even the most basic steps of running a restaurant. Not surprisingly, they lost the franchise shortly after I left.
I mean it's a serving job
If you've never served before you're in for a shock. It gets busy and there's never enough servers on to help. When it's busy you're run off your feet, when it's slow you're bored out of your mind and there's rarely an in-between. Overall the tips are good if your're nice and it's a job that can be fun with the right people.
Pay equity
They take 3% of your sales from you whether you made tips or not! So when

you cash cash out you may lose money!
Pros
Fun place to work providing great service!
Being a bartender in any busy city requires a special kind of person. I serve anywhere from 50-200 people at a time, and am responsible for ensuring satisfaction. The greatest part of this job, is knowing that my management staff trusts me to work hard for them. When a family leaves after having dinner, drinks, or both, I want to make sure they leave with an ear to ear smile!
Nice place for workers
Nice place to work owners are very kind co workers/management team are so flexible uniforms are free for workers very kind of the people who were work there
Not impressed
Great place to start your serving career bit if you have experience it is not so good hired by head office for a position and franchisee said “head office just tells you anything to get bodies in” so zero integrity
laid back casual environment
Great fellow servers, very helpful. It feels like a family. Owner's are kind and very generous, always help when needed. Laid back environment. not much room for progress.
Poor management
If you plan to work here don’t expect to stay to long, the manager is a dirty ol pig and will make advances at you then turn around and treat you poorly if you reject him.
Don’t bother
They have no set training. They’ll fire you for no reason. They don’t pay you for all of the hours you work. They have a serious clan mentality. Quite frankly it’s disgusting. I would never suggest anyone work here
Angers and underpaid
I got fired from chucks roadhouse when i was a dishwasher that had worked there for over 8 months, it was always very very hard work and you get seriously underpaid for the amount of stress you endure through your shift however some of the staff there are good people and nice to have around, our owner quit and along with him many of his workers got forest by head office or quit, i was planning on quitting anyway when suddenly i stopped getting booked or called in, they didn’t even professionally fire me! they just stopped booking me after 8 months and becoming friends with so many people at the establishment and for what? no notice of being randomly fired from a job many told me I was good at? don’t recommend to work here unless you want to be a slave and under appreciated!
Pros
Some friendly and cool coworkers
Cons
everything
fun work place
it was a fast paced job and took me a while to get used too but after a few weeks i learned everything and it wasnt bad, i also got plenty of hours and the food isnt bad at all
not enough money to be made
The worst thing they did was change the appetizers to half price like Crabby Joes. All the lower income who can't afford to tip come after 9pm now. They recruit owners who had never worked in the business before, and set them up for failure. Cheap alcohol leads to nothing but problems. Run fast and far away from this franchise.
The owners make & break a business
My title speaks for itself, my manager was great for back of house and the staff all around too but front of house management & the owners are too toxic and cheap , it’s a dead end job but over all the people made it worth while just not anyone in charge besides my true kitchen management
Minimum wage maximum rage
They pile more and more of a workload onto you and expect the extra work to be completed within the same time frame of your original shift. They like to pay minimum wage and they dislike giving raises. Management are often clueless and the store is run more by the employees than the management team.
Alright place
In early summer 2019 I worked as a dishwasher. The kitchen staff were great people I enjoyed speaking to but unfortunately there was a lot of disorganization and eventually some people I liked were let go or they left. The ones making salary were abused for their time and worked unimaginably long shifts, I really felt badly for them.
When I first arrived everyone was so relieved because the dish area was always a mess and always full. Servers and bar staff had to stop and do dishes. I was so appreciated and felt great! But that faded and as we lost some good cooks the whole atmosphere changed negatively. The summer months were extremely hot and there is not ventilation through the dish pit. Also they want you to spray dishes with boiling hot water even though it goes through the dishwasher after... I would turn it down do it was just warm but a manager would come along and turn it back to boiling hot. "Well just put it in the dishwasher." I would tell people many times you have to rinse the dishes because they'll just come out full of salsa and whatever else food. Anyway that was my experience not sure how it is now.
Motivated highly
Great job if ur a hard worker! Great owner with a huge heart at the Windsor locations, he listens and will give you the shirt off of his back to help you!
Great place
Great place lots of friendly regulars that come on a daily basis. Good group of co workers to work with managment is fair and helps out a lot. Tips are good as well
Pros
Good tipers
Cons
Bad tipers
Good.
Good review I enjoyed working with chucks roadhouse. They are a good company to work for. It was a good experience. I was taught alot of different things.
Professional work environment, great way to be introduced into the restaurant setting
A typical day at work is fast paced and pleasantly stressful as there is always something to do. Management is crisp and very in control of their restaurant therefore keeping it very professional and appealing to the public.
Fun and Proactive place to work
it's a very family oriented business, as in if you work there you will feel like part of a family, pretty good tips if you work for them, and its a great place to start off your serving career as it is very basic. management could use some work but almost every place is like that. overall I still recommend people to apply to Chucks all the time.
Friendly environment
Very clean and friendly environment. all the employees are very well trained and knowledgeable about their job. Owners are well organized and do well at maintaining good relationships with employees
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chucks Roadhouse Bar and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7