Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 125 reviews matching the search See all 3,614 reviews
It was a nice place to work
Birthday Party Host (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 September 2019
I loved my job at Chuck E Cheeses. It was really busy and I loved working with the kids. The only reason I had to leave was because I had moved to Belle River
Fun
Birthday Party Host (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2019
All you do is work with kids and nothing much you wont get rude parents but you get parents who just seemed stressed about everything like if your not with them they be a little passive aggressive.
You make the veggie platters and organize the tables for birthday you do have to remember the packages and some things so you can recall thing on the top of your head sometimes
The workers there are really good and enjoy it but the management is messy
Chuck E Cheese (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 August 2019
Workers are really cool and fun to work with but the management is a little messy seems like sometimes they don't know what they're doing. It's not clean and just seems messy
A Productive job never waiting around
GAME ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 August 2019
you get to work, you check in and check your to do list for that day of the week.
I learn communication skills to interact with customers and address problems and found solutions.
management was professional yet uneven, they never really had order, the managers never did anything,
hardest part of the job was communicating with our superiors about work schedule, if there wasnt a day i couldnt work or i told them ahead of time that i couldnt do they put me down for that day still, they were poor listeners.
putting a smile on childrens faces for example; when a machine wouldnt work i'd restart it and it would print out there tickets they be so happy.
Fun place to work but unsatisfactory
Party Hostess (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 August 2019
Management doesn't follow availability and gives you very little notice for training events. Benefits are non-existent unless you get promoted to Team2, which happens only for new employees who quit three weeks later. As a party host you spend your days doting on people who are ungrateful for all you do for them, and run around helping other coworkers with their tasks. All the employees are great to work with and you will make lifelong friends here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bad employers
A fun yet hardworking enviroment to work in
Showroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2019
Working at Chuck E Cheese has shown me how a part time job can help you find strengths and weaknesses within yourself that you didnt even know you had, and provide you with the opportunity to learn and grow from your new findings.
Pros
Free food on break
Cons
Working weekends
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 August 2019
I worked at this company a very long time ago as it was my first job and they were very accommodating to that, management was difficult though and ended up being the reason I chose to leave
not worth it
Party Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2019
I have never been in a job where the general manager has cared more about making money, than the HEALTH of his employees.

I have seen MANY employees have mental breakdowns and cry during their shift. And this is supposed to be a simple part time job that is meant for young high school students.

Yes, you are not going to always have a job that you don't like but it's getting to the point where is it mentally, emotionally, and physically draining.

Management makes a big difference in the work environment. Having a general manager who is barking in your ear all the time and can be verbally offensive (whether it is directly to you or talking about someone else), creates a toxic environment.

Please don't take this job, it is very easy to get but is 100% not worth it.
Pros
lol nothing
Cons
Long hours (sometimes 12+ hours), work through your unpaid break, Management
Great and friendly place to work, high energy, and busy enviorment
Crew Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2019
I love working for this company amazing staff and amazing management. Family oriented, everyone truly accepted. This place is very colorful, fun, comfortable and full of life.
It was okay
Whitby - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 June 2019
I learned a lot of important skills working at Chuck e cheese like how to use a point of sales system and customer service but as a cashier, at chuck e cheese it was a lot of work. You received either a lot of shifts in the summer and winter and next to none the rest of the year just barely enough to pay for a phone bill.
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
Little to no shifts and management
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2019
When u work with other cashiers no one is willing to help on gift shop because everyone wants to make tips on cash, managers are rude, lazy or crazy. Crazy amount of pressure to up sell on employees when managers want to do nothing. If it’s not busy they force u to srub the floor and wall tiles with a sos spong which is 3 cm in diameter. Co workers have a lot of attitude and favourites only get shifts, schedule always messed up, shift cancel 30 min before start, or canceled 5 days in a row, and if it’s not busy they make u start 1 hr after u are scedualed.
Pros
50% sale on food
Cons
Stressful, completion between employees, shift cut constantly
Fun for the customers but treated very poorly for employees
Cashier and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2019
At Chuck e cheeses you are treated very poorly as an employee. Unbalanced shift, unpaid paycheques, and very poorly organized. They get very mad if you take sick days, and when I quit they did not give me vacation pay even though I was eligible
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Very unorganized
loved the job hated the management
Party Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2019
Chucky cheese was a job I loved because I got to dance and entertain kids all the time and I loved it. Unfortunately the head Manager at the time was not a nice person and soon after I quite he got let go.
Pros
loved the kids
Cons
It was alright, but very unmanaged
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2019
Hours were not too good because they were over staffed and hours were call ins, there was no set schedule at least not for me. I would barely get called and whenever I did they would usually not need me after a few hours
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Barely any hours
Unprofessional Management
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2019
At my location training was very minimal, we would watch videos then be expected to know everything that has to be done with almost no hands on training. The job itself was easy, fast paced and somewhat enjoyable as for the management, they were the hardest part of the job. They wouldn't go about heath and safety regulations as a company should, I myself have had to perform multiple tasks that i felt uncomfortable with or unsafe doing. On top of that no one was trained properly so the kitchen would be filthy, day dots would be all wrong. The management itself has a small group of workers that have been there a substantial amount of time that they're extremely close with (a group on teenagers) who they ultimately let make decisions on how new workers are doing and such. The problem i had with this was that there were a lot of young people in the area applying to chuck e cheese and say if one of the workers went to school with someone applying for the job they'd tell management they don't want them hired and its done. I've seen multiple good workers fired because of personal opinions of them outside of the workplace. Management is also very aggressive especially towards the younger workers, yelling, swearing. They enjoyed "scaring" workers when they thought they weren't doing a great job by yelling and threatening their jobs. For my own personal experience, i felt that i was being mistreated by management so i approached one of my favorite managers addressing my issues which she responded to with yelling, swearing and telling me i am a terrible worker, At this point i was a trainer  more... in the kitchen making me and one other guy the top two in the kitchen. After this i contacted her letting her know i wouldn't be returning to work due to the mistreatment which again she responded to with yelling and vulgar remarks. I let her know i would be returning to pick up my check on payday (note i live across the street and they never got my direct deposit done after months of asking so i would have to go pick up the check myself) I went to pick up my check and they wouldn't let me come to the back and pick it up, they said they were going to mail it out to me within the next few weeks. After letting them know payday was my birthday as well as the day we pay bills, they purposely went and mailed it out when i live less than a 5 minute walk away. This is the most unprofessional, unpleasant workplace I've ever worked at, hopefully management will get better.  less
Pros
close by, good hours
Manager Complaint
Gameroom attendant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 March 2019
I work at cec as a game room attendant and unfortunately the treatments of the managers to their workers is extremely unprofessional and unpleasant. I remember being sick some day, texted the manager to let him know and all he did was say “find someone else to cover it”. Not even a “get well soon”, nothing. The managers favor some workers than others which is an extreme let down. I hope to see a change with the managers way of communication to certain workers.
Pros
Happy children
Cons
Stressful, hateful manager, unequal treatment, favours some workers than others.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Cashier/Party Hostess/ Party Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 March 2019
Overall experience here was fun and enjoyable. Chuck E. Cheese's was a wonderful place to work for a first job but not for long term. Working here I learned how to execute hospitality as well as how to work in an entertainment/customer service industry. Best part of the job was seeing all the happy faces of the children and the parents. Managers in this establishment were very helpful, and for the most part, fun to work and interact with, along with other employees!
Pros
Good discounts, children, music, fun atmosphere
Cons
Mean GM, always on feet, harassment issues
Fast paced environment
Cast crew member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2019
The work was challenging and interacting with the children was rewarding. Number of job duties was very demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving out the prizes.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
costumes
Its okay
Cashier and Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
As a starter job for a young teenager its great! you make plenty of friendships with great people and the place teaches you the basics of the work economy.
fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
Very fun work place learned a lot of thing over the few months I was working. Dressed up in Chuck few time it was fun playing games with the children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

51K