Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 3,148 reviews
Working there was a terrible decision.
Manager / Opening Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Everything about it is not what you think it is.
The new system is hard for everybody to understands.
A lot of arguments with the guests.
Not enough people and they keep cutting hours or labours.
They don't care about they're employee's.
All they care is making money.
Pros
Free Lunch for Coordinators/Managers, Free games for PlayTap.
Cons
No Hands On Training Provided, you don't really get your proper breaks, didn't gave the right tools to succeed. Very Cheap Industry.
Overall a good work environment for new employees coming into a first time job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 January 2019
Overall my CEC time was good learned alot and had a lot of fun at my first job got to learn how to work with man different types of people I will meet in life and had an opportunity to further increase my work skills.
Excellent for youths looking for jobs to start off with
Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
I’ve worked there for 3 years and I can never say I was unhappy there the management really treated me like family and the employees where quite entertaining sure the job had some hard times with occasional steep learning curves but even with these minor issues the chuck e cheese cast makes it a lot easier to deal with plus you learn how to deal with youth and adults and it’s an experience I will always recommend every new worker should apply for
Pros
Great management excellent experiences and affordable cast food
Cons
Occasionally steep learning curve
Easy job, but lots of tasks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2018
pretty basic job, just make food and put it in the oven. all the measurements in front of you. I worked with two friends there and made some more while working.
Pros
Fun people, Nothing hard to do
Cons
No online schedule, Tons of work compared to pay
Best job ever!
Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 October 2018
Chuck E Cheese was the best job I ever had the staff was awesome, the food was good and the job itself was actually fun. It's a shame it closed down because it's a great first job.
Pros
Free food, fun, flexible
Cons
Closing
fun but...
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 September 2018
loved working at chuck e cheese but things didn't work out. first couple of weeks management was great but as time passed got lazy I would genuinely be happy to go to work but then felt as if this job was terrible I did too much and got zero recognition also they would send me home after 3 hours
Pros
you make some cool friends
Cons
poor management, understaffed, not hygienic, improper training
Good starting job
Team 2 trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
Chuck-E-Cheese is a good starting job but not much happens after you've given time in. hours fluctuate, and not much change happens. Good to gain some experience and friends but plan for more after.
Pros
Food
Cons
Very dependent on how busy it is.
A fun environment with fun workmates and guests
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2018
Chuck e Cheese is a great environment for anyone to gain and improve their social skills. All of our jobs all day are directed at making our guests feel happy and welcomed. Even though I work in the Kitchen I still see and hear all of our guests requests or/and complaints, and we make sure that to help out in anyway as soon as possible. Management there is terrific, they are more your friends than bosses. Everyone is surrounded by the Chuck E Cheese environment and it brings out the kids in all of us. Making the pizzas and other food for parties is the most enjoyable part of my job, even though it is fast paced and you must be time efficient it is a satisfying work period that you spend with whoever is there to assist you.
Pros
Environment, Free Food, Happiness, Games, etc
Cons
Almost always busy
Great entry level workplace
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 September 2018
This job is very well suited for young people looking to bust their way into the working world. My employment here was not long, since I had another work opportunity come up, but I still miss it to this very day.
Great people to work with. Job is a bit stressful depending on position
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
Great team to work with
You make new friends that are fun to be around with.
Managers are very strict about sales
Open to many cultures
I found the hardest part of the job was to constantly having to walk fast and satisfy the customer. Being very short and going as fast as possible sometimes wasn't fast enough for some customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and having a pleasant conversation. And also seeing the smiles on the kids.
Pros
Great discount on food. Sometimes free food.
Cons
Some customers are rude
Fun place to be in
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 August 2018
You get to meet alot of new people. I learned how to deal with customers and how to appoach them. The Co- workers are good people. The hardest part of the job is cleaning
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
It was a good first job
Gameroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 August 2018
I would say CEC was definitely a good first job - it wasn't perfect, and there were times where you would be heavily overworked, but it was okay for someone who had no idea what was legal and what wasn't in the workplace.
Pros
Food Discount
Cons
Long hours, sometimes no breaks
Fun and energetic workplace
Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, ON3 July 2018
I think chuck e cheese is a great place to work for it is very joyfull and energetic, working there can be alot of fun how ever it still can be a little chaotic because of the kids
Pros
free drinks and food
Cons
annoying kids and parrents
Its Okay
Games room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2018
I didn't get the position I originally applied for. Once hired it was a bad experience. I didn't like how they treated me so I left because it was affecting my mental health
Great working environment, loved it.
Kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2018
If you love kids, working at fast past environment. Chuck E chesses is the perfect place for you to work at. A lot of team work being done & also the staffs are fantastic.
Amazing Staff and Fun Workplace
Team 2 Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 June 2018
Great place to work part-time as a student, the staff are amazing and closing duties are simple and easy to learn. Positive work environment and great safety training.
Pros
50% off food
Alright First Job
PARTY HOSTESS/ GAMEROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 May 2018
Some of the managers are really nice and the co workers are awesome. I worked as a party hostess and this could be very stressful and demanding, and you never know when you're working. Every hostess is scheduled in every week for Saturday & Sunday at open, but then on Friday/ Saturday night they may cancel you, or change what time you come in at. They also have on call shifts, so party hosts literally never know how much you will be working/ when. You could end up with no hours in a week or 35 + hours. This would definitely be a good first time job for a high school student who is really flexible with hours and just looking for a little extra pocket money, but is not something that could be sustained for a long time.
Pros
50% off one personal food order per shift, awesome co workers
Cons
You never really know when your working, stressful, scheduling
best place to start working
Gameroom attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 May 2018
my first job was chuck e cheeses, and i can say it was the best job ever hands down, not only were there amazing customers, but the cast members bring it all together and just make it a fun sand safe place to work.
although HR wasn't the best, from our location the never helped us when requested, so there was a lot of they could fix towards communication, and just listening to us as cast members.
flexable hours, good environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2018
GM was great, management was helpful, all cast members were welcoming and friendly. cashiers were well prepared for this job and if they had questions, there were managers to aid at any time.
Pros
50% off food during your break, and free drinks during your shifts.
Cons
lots of employees
A megalomaniac runs this place
Manger (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 April 2018
The Jr mgmt is what keeps this place together. The GM needs to go He cant change His very young staff don't respect him but fear him. Its not right to terrorize young adults. I have witnessed 15 yr old staff start at 830am and not leave until almost 10pm with no rest break, we are letting this company violate our Labour laws and mandatory rest breaks so that hq doesn't go over budget on Labour $
Pros
Kids love it
Cons
Staff, management and parents hate it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.