Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Great working environment, loved it.
Kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2018
If you love kids, working at fast past environment. Chuck E chesses is the perfect place for you to work at. A lot of team work being done & also the staffs are fantastic.
Amazing Staff and Fun Workplace
Team 2 Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 June 2018
Great place to work part-time as a student, the staff are amazing and closing duties are simple and easy to learn. Positive work environment and great safety training.
Pros
50% off food
Alright First Job
PARTY HOSTESS/ GAMEROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 May 2018
Some of the managers are really nice and the co workers are awesome. I worked as a party hostess and this could be very stressful and demanding, and you never know when you're working. Every hostess is scheduled in every week for Saturday & Sunday at open, but then on Friday/ Saturday night they may cancel you, or change what time you come in at. They also have on call shifts, so party hosts literally never know how much you will be working/ when. You could end up with no hours in a week or 35 + hours. This would definitely be a good first time job for a high school student who is really flexible with hours and just looking for a little extra pocket money, but is not something that could be sustained for a long time.
Pros
50% off one personal food order per shift, awesome co workers
Cons
You never really know when your working, stressful, scheduling
best place to start working
Gameroom attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 May 2018
my first job was chuck e cheeses, and i can say it was the best job ever hands down, not only were there amazing customers, but the cast members bring it all together and just make it a fun sand safe place to work.
although HR wasn't the best, from our location the never helped us when requested, so there was a lot of they could fix towards communication, and just listening to us as cast members.
flexable hours, good environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2018
GM was great, management was helpful, all cast members were welcoming and friendly. cashiers were well prepared for this job and if they had questions, there were managers to aid at any time.
Pros
50% off food during your break, and free drinks during your shifts.
Cons
lots of employees
A megalomaniac runs this place
Manger (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 April 2018
The Jr mgmt is what keeps this place together. The GM needs to go He cant change His very young staff don't respect him but fear him. Its not right to terrorize young adults. I have witnessed 15 yr old staff start at 830am and not leave until almost 10pm with no rest break, we are letting this company violate our Labour laws and mandatory rest breaks so that hq doesn't go over budget on Labour $
Pros
Kids love it
Cons
Staff, management and parents hate it
Productive and fun workplace
GAMEROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 April 2018
-Managed games in arcade room (fixing physical and mechanical issues)
-Danced as Chuck E every hour
-Worked in a kitchen making pizzas/appetizers
-Hosted birthday parties by serving food, helping with gifts and making sure everyone had fun
-Playing with all guests and making sure everyone leaves happy
Fun workplace
Cashier Server Party Host (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 April 2018
A typical day was being a party host for kids ages 3-12 singing, dancing and serving food to kids and adults. Best part about my day was making kids happy
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short hours
Decent first job
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2018
There was always duties to take care of as soon as I clocked in to work. It was a decent place to work at for a first job. I experienced a lot, and built lots of confidence while performing for guests.
Very fun, busy, hectic job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 March 2018
Chuck E. Cheese was the best first job I could ask for. It was a lot of fun and lively going into work everyday. I enjoyed it and it was my second home. Our team was my second family. Management was awesome.
Pros
Leanient break times, fun, good food, fun with kids, music
Cons
Sometimes got loud with all the kids

Want to know more about Chuck E. Cheese?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Cook and Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
rude managers and alot of disrespect from other co-workers and not a positive work enviroment. they dont tell you when you work till the day of and very disorganized and smelly place
fun job for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  2452 Sheppard ave E.16 March 2018
I started working here in my first year at university and I found it really flexible to work here since most of the employees are students as well and it was really fun to work with kids and entertain them.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
smelled bad
Fun place to work with cool people
Gameroom Attendant and Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kingston15 March 2018
So many new friends made at this place of work. Easy to work there but when it got busy it was very stressful. Once you get the hang of things here, it is a very easy and adaptable environment to work in.
Pros
Half of food prices
Cons
Not everyone worked and did their job
fun work place
Team 2 Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
I loved working here it felt like i was working with family but the guests were the only down side where they can get very grumpy because of the polarizing environment, but don't worry because the management has got your back.
Pros
50 percent off food which is good but once you become team 2 you get free food
Cons
there is a lot of drama within managers
Only thing I Enjoyed was Leaving when my shift was done
Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 February 2018
When I started there, I had high hopes of this being a great work opportunity. I quickly found out that it isn't as my manager was abusive and cruel to those around him, and it drove me away. With terrible service, I CANNOT recommend anyone work or go here
Pros
Got paid
Cons
Had to work there
good place
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2018
this place is fun to work and is very leisure. everyone ranging from staff to customers and even managers make working a lot more lively. only thing that i had a problem with was the low amount of hours i was given.
fun to work there, but managers pick favourites
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2018
Managers pick favourites, now that minimum wage has gone up shifts seem to be given to workers with the most experience/ full time workers. Managers don't take time to create relationships with new co workers, but keep their close bond with old co workers
Pros
free lunches on occasion
Cons
will have to clean up other co workers messes, some co workers are extremely unexperienced and sloppy, parents can get rude
great people to work with
Kitchen Chef/ Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 January 2018
really busy on weekends in kitchen and alot slower during the week. need to have patience dealing with children and angry parents. management usually has your back. working with alot of teenagers
It was alright
General Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
A typical day at work would include going to work, checking in, and getting straight to work. The hardest part of the job would probably be making the pizza dough. The most enjoyable part of the job was eating orders that had gotten mixed up.
Pros
Money
Cons
It was perfectly great workplace especially as for your first job.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2018
Everyday was good to work because of being already used to doing and making pizzas. I’ve learned almost everything about pizzas and how much kids love them. Management was always perfect because he was fair to everyone. Hardest would be the maximum number of kitchen person would be 2 but its still too many. Being busy is what makes it more harder. The most enjoyable would be where you make different kinds of pizza everyday and gets to see its different outcomes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.