Chubby's Jamaican Kitchen

Chubby's Jamaican Kitchen Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
This company helps you sharpen your skills and teaches you about family. It's a family driven environment, fast-paced action on your feet all the time.
Pros
learn new skills
Cons
travel
3 February 2020
Ciao,
Thank you so much for taking a moment to review your experience working at Chubby's Jamaican Kitchen. We are thrilled to hear that you felt your personal and professional development was supported by the management team and that you felt it was a great place to grow & learn. We love to create a positive, fun and family-driven workplace and we are so happy to hear you felt that at CJK. Grazie!!
Staff is amazing. The management is super supportive and look to see you grow both in your position and overall. I had an amazing experience and would urge anyone to work there!
Ciao,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It makes us so happy to hear that you felt supported in your personal and professional growth while working at Chubby’s Jamaican Kitchen. We value our team members so much and put a very high value on helping them reach their goals and continually focus on their growth. We are absolutely thrilled to hear how amazing and positive your experience working at CJK was. Grazie!!
I enjoyed certain parts of my employment here because of the friends I made, although, it was not a pleasant working experience. This is the only bar I have ever worked at where the fridges were constantly breaking, or some other nightmare situation will arise. The only bar I have ever worked at where the servers made a heck of a lot more money than bartenders and the bartenders here do A LOT of heavy lifting.
Ciao,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us as an employer, we really appreciate the feedback you have provided as we are always striving to improve our team member experience and to make everyone who works for us feel valued, appreciated and happy.

We are very sorry to hear you did not find your time with Gusto 54 at Chubby’s Jamaican Kitchen enjoyable but if you would be open to it I would love to connect with you to discuss further areas you believe we could improve upon so that moving forward we can create a better culture for our team members.

We would genuinely value and apprecaite your feedback so much so if you can, please don't hesitate to contact lindsay@gusto54.com at your earliest convenience to find time to chat. Thank you again.
I had a great time working at Chubby’s Jamaican Kitchen as a server. I was apart of the opening team that opened the restaurant. Opening chubbys was my first restaurant opening experience and it’s was all pretty exciting, they really give you all the tools to succeed. From the training we did we learn about the restaurant group Gusto54, the concept behind the restaurant and lots of food and beverage knowledge. I got the chance to go trough a wine, beer, and rum training. The Chefs also gave us great knowledge on how the dishes were created and the origins behind them. Learned a lot while working at chubbys. Managment is very helpful and understanding, they would never overwhelm you with hours and they were great at giving time off requetsWorking there as a server was great money!!
Ciao,
Thank you so much for this glowing review and also for your dedication during the CJK opening which can be a very overwhelming and busy time for our team! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Gusto 54 culture, that you felt supported and set-up for success, and that you felt like you were learning a lot from our leadership team during training. From this review, it sounds like you felt happy and supported while working for us which is our main goal for all of our team members. Thank you again so much for sharing your experience!
Always overstaffed. They never cut people. You will get a TINY section and the restaurant is small enough as it is. Management is garbage and awful uniform. Wouldn't recommend
Pros
Food is good
Cons
Overstaffed, make no money, no staff break area
Ciao,
Thank you for your review. From the feedback you’ve provided us with it sounds like you were not happy with your experience while working at Chubby’s and we are very sorry to hear that. If you have the time and would be willing, I would love to connect with you and spend some time better-understanding ways in which we can improve on running our businesses from our team member’s point of view; we would value having your input so much to help us moving forward. Please contact lindsay@gusto54.com to set up a time we can chat that is convenient for you. Thank you again
Chubby's really puts focus on a family vibe. I was always happy to come in and see my coworkers, and felt supported. Food is great, music is good. Overall a fun place to work.
Pros
Family, Food, Benefits
Cons
Occasional Doubles
Ciao,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so happy that while working at Chubby’s you felt one of our most important family values, that we believe in treating everyone like family. Along with that, we are so glad you found it to be a place where you could feel proud of the food/drink and atmosphere and also a place you could be happy and have fun at work. Thanks again, we really appreciate your feedback!!
No consideration for staff. No staff meals. No lunch breaks. Not enough hours since they overstaff. Managers don't know what they are doing. They need 3 managers for 80 seats.
Pros
Great music playlist
Cons
Long shifts with no breaks/food
3 February 2020
Ciao,
Thank you so much for your feedback on telling us how you felt during your time working at Chubby's Jamaican Kitchen. We are very sorry to hear you didn't necessarily feel respected and valued; our goal is to treat all our team members like family and make all of our restaurants feel like a positive, supportive and fun environment to work in. If you would be open to it, we would appreciate so much speaking with you a bit more about ways in which you believe we could improve in the future. Please contact lindsay@gusto54.com to find a time convenient to you to chat. Thank you again.