Chubb Fire & Security Employee Reviews

management
Bilingual (French) Dealers Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2019
its an excellent workplace

I love working here

I love the positive work environment

The most important thing is respect, that i gained a lot here .
Poor management
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 May 2019
Poor management, Hypocrite l start working with them and after month the fire without notice . And the CEO and my department supervisor who hiring me wasn't at the office and they don't care about their employer. After week l got kick out the did not paid my vacation and overtime on for the last week and l try to contact them to get the paystub ect.. And no one answers me. Really bad management in Winnipeg office
Great enviroment workplace.
National Operations Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2019
I looking forward going to work and enjoy been a great team player.
A typical day for me start by checking my emails, organize my orders for processing.
Pros
Company committee participate and do alot of team activity.
Cons
Overtime hours
Too large to make a positive future for most
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2019
Typical large organization involved with buy outs
lots of layoffs and concern over your future
the employee environment is pleasant and the training
helps you put forth a good effort.
Don't pay their 3rd party labour in timely fashion
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 February 2019
These guys are HORRIBLE at paying their 3rd party subcontractors and labour/supply bills.

They will make you wait almost a year before paying. They simply don't care that you have bills to pay and need food to eat. They will literally watch you become homeless in front of their eyes and turn a blind eye.

This is only the beginning. Expect the press to get involved soon. I have friends who work for both the newspaper and televison news stations. I'm going to paint an ugly picture with real footage of the people who work for you who are literally going into bankruptcy because you only pay when you want - almost a year after invoicing.

I'm biting my tongue so hard right now so this review gets published. I can't express how much this company sucks.
Pros
None.
Cons
They don't pay and starve you out.
fun workplace
Bilingual Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2019
Good management. growth, great team work.
well organized company, rewards and recognition.
Employee of the month programs, motivates employees to work harder.
Great staff
Configuration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2019
I absolutely loved working for Chubb. Everyday was a challenge, and colleagues were very helpful and supportive. Enjoyed the department I worked for, although the French side could do a little more work. At the time, our department had to pick up a lot of slack from other departments which made our work even more busy and stressful. Overtime hours were plentiful and I worked with amazing people who pushed and challenged me everyday. Like every company, it had its downs. However, I very much enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues, challenging, did not have to deal with customers
Cons
Long shifts, work hours, busy department
Left because of Corporate
provided a pay cheque (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2018
Corporate and buy outs are the reason that I will always work for a smaller company. I will have a say in decisions and will have an input in site decisaions as well
used to be a good place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2018
Used to be a good company has completely gone downhill. Staff are good to work with, but management has brought down the morale. No longer a sense of job security, restructure every year.
Pros
salary is decent
Cons
Horrible Management
Job security
Alarm Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2018
Strong job security.

Fast paced work environment with strict deadlines.

Required strict adherence to company guidelines & policies.

Good team to work & learn with.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Shift Work
salary and benefits were good, work staff were for the most part fun to work with.
Alarm Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2018
the company has a vey high turn over rate, i was reading this before i applied and didn't believe it. management do not do the job correctly, but rather pick and choose who they want to speak/listen to. training for the most part is given well and very helpful, but once on the floor, every mistake turns into a write up.
Pros
good pay/benefits
Cons
managers dont manage, help is not given
Best company I've worked for
Team Lead - Fire Service and Northern Territories (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2018
Chubb is a great company. There is so much opportunity to pick up OT and out of town work. The culture varies by office, but the Edmonton branch has always been great. I was underpaid, but it was worth it to be part of the organization. I left here in 2016, and if I could go back in time, I never would've left. If you have the chance to work for them, jump on it.
Pros
Culture, opportunity
Cons
Centralization, salary
Great Team
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2018
Great Team of world class company. Work-Life balance. Management always supportive and easy to reach out to. I have nothing negative to say about the company.
Great Employer to work for
Server Support Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edwards, ON11 July 2018
The Chub Edwards is a wonderful company to work for. This company is a child company of a US based company. The Canadian corporate head office is located in Mississauga. Great place to work.
Customer service is like getting blood out of a stone
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 February 2018
Unionised, but employees seem to just want to do there 8 to 4 jobs and get out of dodge.

Getting anyone to answer the phone, return calls or answer emails is like getting blood out of a stone.

They feel that they can sell as many fire alarms as possible, but charge through the nose for service.

This company is not service oriented and has lost a lot of business to other fire protection companies due to their total lack of service.

It is very sad as they could be so good if they only got off there laurels and remember that the customer is there bread and butter.
Bad company direction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
The company is constantly turning over employees, by employees resigning as well as the company packaging out employees. No work life balance. Bad management.
High energy
Regional Manager of Sales and Operations (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2017
High energy, demanding environment that has great employees and significant opportunity for growth. Challenging work environment due to multiple priorities and client deadlines..
Pros
Great employees and client solutions.
Cons
consistent approach
boring boring place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
shift work. boring. managers tend to be clueless. it is ok for someone with high school who is content with a mindless job. steer clear. may be ok for a student
Pros
Cons
shoft work
excellent
RÉPARTITEUR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 July 2017
Excellent lieu de travail. Beaucoup de possibilité d'avancement. bon avantages sociaux.
Management is brutal
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2017
Overtime is extensive, unplanned, and required, with little to no notice given. Management is completely out of touch with the needs of the customer and the employee. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management is stupid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chubb Fire & Security. Our community is ready to answer.