Chubb Fire & Security

Chubb Fire & Security Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews
Poor work enviroment, management not good
Chubb used to be a fair company to work for, lots of hours, stressful if that what you like. Management in london branch is not good they have a sales manager running fire alarm bad decision considering sales has no idea how to run fire alarm. Corridnator is not good at all, no leadership in this office at all . No one has your back in this office at all not a good place to work.
Relaxing, Stagnate(IF YOU CHOOSE TO), Reptitave.
Amazing company to for in terms of pay and benefits. Not much room to grow in the alarm operations field. Slow and repetitive. Mangement is barely available and they treat employees like high school students.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, Repetitive, Stagnate, Unionized(to an extent)
Traditional Company
Culture and work life balance have not progressed to match competitor companies. Lots of turnover in the year that I worked there. There's a lack of transparency stemming from the top down which leads to poor communication within the company.

If you're looking for a regular 9-5 job where you go in and get out, this is the place.
a shocking disappointment
I joined Chubb expecting that a multi national company would have efficient procedures in place to make jobs faster and have access to testing equipment as needed. What is found is that the local management with holds access to necessary testing and safety equipment, job site drawings, email conversations with contractors and is a quick to blame technical staff for problems on the job site.
pleasure to work with Edmonton team
great product of fire alarm system in canada. more than 5 years experience with EST3 program and service. troubleshooting for this system need more patient.
I will not leave this place unless something amazing gets in my way.
Many departments and if you perform, the bosses will push promotions or raises on you.
Friendly staff & great work environment
Friendly staff & great work environment .
Always there if you need help.Understanding and caring .

Great benefits and rrsp contribution plan as well.
Pros
Free luches at times
Je recommande à tous!
J'y ai travaillé pendant plus de 7 ans. Nous sommes très bien traités et mes patrons étaient reconnaissants face au rendement donné. Une sommité dans son domaine et leader dans son secteur.
Pros
Salaire rémunéré CCQ temps plein!
Cons
Beaucoup de déplacements
Great Place to work
A very good team (Finance), 99% are very nice people. A lot of nice people in other departments i. e. Project Management, Payroll, some nice people in Sales. Good Management.Workload is heavy, everybody is very busy, but we were still having fun. We recently started Fun Fridays people are taking turns to bring some food to brighten our day 😄.
Relaxed dress code.
Sans commentaires
Est-ce que ca va finir ?
Je veux passer a l'étape suivante.

Merci
Productive work place
Nice colleagues to work with and good work culture. Salary should be reviewed to match with the work load. Managers are nice and easy to talk to. I really like working here
Good culture
Great people and support staff with great attention to the client and the clients interest in all aspects of the relationship.

A great deal of the tenured staff.
Fun work place, team player
It's a productive and fun place, nice people work in here. A great place to work. We have a great team player ,sharing experiences and helping each other for success.
Fast paced work place
It was necessary to produce many pages of systems controls for production manuals. Assisted Director in many aspects of office procedures and client contact was very important.
Pros
free seminars to advance studies
Cons
the commute from Scarb to Mississauga was exhausting to drive
Not great
Not a good place to work. Company number 1 attitude, they don't care very much about their employees. Don't have decent pay. They are more interested in slapping panels in, if they work or not.
management
its an excellent workplace

I love working here

I love the positive work environment

The most important thing is respect, that i gained a lot here .
Poor management
Poor management, Hypocrite l start working with them and after month the fire without notice . And the CEO and my department supervisor who hiring me wasn't at the office and they don't care about their employer. After week l got kick out the did not paid my vacation and overtime on for the last week and l try to contact them to get the paystub ect.. And no one answers me. Really bad management in Winnipeg office
Productive and poor management
Poor management, Start working with them at Winnipeg office as a security Tech Moving from Alberta and the probation was 3Months after 1month the kick me out of the office. So l don't recommanded someone to work for that branch. CHUBB is a good company bet the winnipeg branch is good full of hypocrit ppl
Great enviroment workplace.
I looking forward going to work and enjoy been a great team player.
A typical day for me start by checking my emails, organize my orders for processing.
Pros
Company committee participate and do alot of team activity.
Cons
Overtime hours
Too large to make a positive future for most
Typical large organization involved with buy outs
lots of layoffs and concern over your future

the employee environment is pleasant and the training

helps you put forth a good effort.
Don't pay their 3rd party labour in timely fashion
These guys are HORRIBLE at paying their 3rd party subcontractors and labour/supply bills.

They will make you wait almost a year before paying. They simply don't care that you have bills to pay and need food to eat. They will literally watch you become homeless in front of their eyes and turn a blind eye.

This is only the beginning. Expect the press to get involved soon. I have friends who work for both the newspaper and televison news stations. I'm going to paint an ugly picture with real footage of the people who work for you who are literally going into bankruptcy because you only pay when you want - almost a year after invoicing.

I'm biting my tongue so hard right now so this review gets published. I can't express how much this company sucks.
Pros
None.
Cons
They don't pay and starve you out.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chubb Fire & Security. Our community is ready to answer.