CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

If you understand the culture of Child Welfare it was really fulfilling !
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FL17 April 2018
Child Welfare is a stressful position, however the colleagues I worked with were excellent, and the management was very supportive. A typical work day was never typical, and I liked that ! The hardest part of the job is some children do not get what they need. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you work as hard as you can to make the life of a family better.
Pros
Collegial spirit of the working team
Cons
Empresa sem oportunidade de crescimento profissional
Human Concierge Logistica (Current Employee) –  Sorocaba, SP13 April 2018
Empresa sem oportunidade de crescimento profissional, e sem reconhecimento dos seus funcionários...
fun place to work very fast paced
Grain Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Park, IL12 April 2018
CHS is a great place to work advancement in this industry is not easy but well worth it. Managers are very helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone has a job and knows how to be productive.
Pros
more understanding in the grain industry
Cons
short breaks possibly none depending on season
I liked working for illinois river energy....an not chs....
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, IL 610685 April 2018
The management team did not relate to the employees if you went to college they liked that if not u were subject to lies and ridicule in front of fellow employees. ...forced to work over your required shift many times....
Muy privado todo
Hospital satélite (Former Employee) –  Naucalpan, Méx.3 April 2018
Es una empresa que se caracteriza por su buen trato
Pros
El fondo de ahorro muy bueno
Cons
No te deja crecer
Fast Efficent
Machine Operator Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, ND28 March 2018
Poor management I was always doing a 4-6 person job myself each and every day and I was getting sick of it so I started look for a new job dumb workers that work there
Pros
paid lunches on overnight shift
Cons
15 minute breaks I always was overworking myself everyday and i am getting sick and tired of it
Opportunities
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD28 March 2018
CHS, Inc is a great company with great benefits. Some management is much better than others. Employees are great to work with and educational opportunities are offered.
Benefits
Good
Chs (Current Employee) –  Moore, OK17 March 2018
It's a good place to work over all and I find it really relaxed. Simple to do just read what's on the screen and kinda understand the person on the other side of the phone
the usual gas station job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ND15 March 2018
I like my CHS gas station job because you meet a lot of people from the area or people traveling through. the only problem is people get upset when they don't get there way in terms of service.
Pros
lots of food
Cons
you have to pay for it
Lots of work to be done every day
Driver, yard attendant (Former Employee) –  Readfield, WI9 March 2018
Good place to work and if you wanted to progress a career in the agriculture field there are plenty of options available for a go getter. The employees are mostly great to work with and I thank them for giving me the chance to prove myself after getting my CDL A.
Pros
Separate departments, good exercise, good employees
Cons
Seasonal work unless you drive truck
Laborer
Laberor/Operator (Current Employee) –  Savage, MN22 February 2018
work as a deck hand on barges while loading grain to go down the Minnesota river. Load barges, unload trucks, rail cars. Maintenance on plant during winter/
Great place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NC22 February 2018
I really enjoy working there. I admire the communication between staff and physicians. The flow of work is steady and consistent. Continue to build teamwork atmosphere.
Friendly Environment Good Learning Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Karachi19 February 2018
Flexible work timing
Open Work Environment
Interactive engaging and work filled atmosphere
freedom to explore different departments work methods and engage and along with that suggest better methods to improve work overall
Pros
flexible dress code
Cons
small working space
Redefined
Manager (Former Employee) –  remote12 February 2018
New management needs to clean up the mess of the former executives that were in place for a few years. This isn't my father and grandfather's coop, but could be in the future. Instead of the country being relevant to CHS, CHS needs to be relevant to the country to grow. Need remote offices and not a central location.
Low pay, No nursing guidelines for Nursing departments, Expensive benefits with high deductible/out-of-pocket
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TX11 February 2018
I worked in ICU & CCCU with 3 different managers within 7 months, people were hired that had no telemetry experience to watch telemetry monitors, & there were also no set nursing guidelines for the Critical Care Departments. Benefits were very expensive, especially when the pay was only $12.00/hr with 14 years experience in Weatherford/ Granbury, Texas. The staff were nice & did the best they could with no real direction or leadership.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay, Expensive Benefits, Revolving door for management
A perfect place to begin a Career.
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  Creston, IA5 February 2018
Management always helped push people to learn more. They were understanding when situations would happen in or out of the plant. They encouraged everyone to try and climb to a higher position within the company. This was a great job I enjoyed being a part of. The closing of this facility was done with heavy hearts I am sure. I was fortunate to have worked with CHS while the opportunity was available.
Pros
Great management team, good benefits, world class company, and plenty of opportunities to grow.
Cons
No specific cons worth mentioning.
Nice group of people to work with.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Winona, MN30 January 2018
The company has some issues about pay, or long term employment. The people make it worthwhile. Flexible and willing to accomadate during slow times for employees
Great assosiates
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pine Island, MN29 January 2018
Fun place to work, low pay and could not work more than 28 hours/week. I was certified to fill propane and handled safe drops and opening and closing the store.
It was a good place to work
IT Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN25 January 2018
Culture was similar to a small town and everyone was friendly. There were some tough managers that were old school and very financially driven and worried more about their own career rather than helping others around them grow. Besides those managers the employees were great to work with and the company treats their employees well.
Chs
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN25 January 2018
Good company to work for with good corporate culture. Benefits and work life balance are good. Could use better career development programs. Past management made some mistakes but the company is on a better path now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.