Christie Ossington Neighbourhood Centre Employee Reviews

Great Residents
Relief Intake Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
Fun and safe shelter to work at. One of the cleanest shelters I have ever seen. Great second job to make extra income. Lots of potential for future growth.
Pros
Safe
Cons
Staff are Lazy
a good opportunity
Relief Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
mainly was looking for a way to get into not for profit work, which is what i really want to do. But for this job i could do that while using my previous cooking experience.
Overall good place
Director, Community Programs & Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
Overall good place if you have a good director to support your initiatives. Sometimes stretches too thin trying too many projects at once making staff run under stress.
Productive environment that is geared towards learning new skills.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Productive environment that is geared towards learning new skills. A place for networking while assisting others in improving their lives.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Zumba and more.
laid back
youth worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2016
fun environment easgy going staff great sales. very convienent location. staff is very warm many different programs offered.
Excellent
Hostel Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On13 May 2014
• Interact with the clients on a daily basis and make them feel comfortable
• To assist and support the staff in ensuring the smooth running of the hostel program.
• Receive emergency housing calls from the public and central intake
• Contribute appropriately to the care and safety of service users of Christie Ossington
• Maintaining a record of the events that take place during the shift.
• Report to Support staff any untoward incidents: falls, accidents, complaints
Nice place to work at.
Social Service Worker - Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2013
It was enjoyable and grateful when working at this agency. During the first half year, I prepare food, activities, homework group and special event for our after-school program - The Nook program. I have learned a lot of strategy when working with individual that requires patience, understanding, communication and interaction. Through everyday interaction with children, we build bonds in each other and slowly become friends. It's always good to have a friend listen and play with and that helps children learn and grow up. Discipline is always difficult but we get through it by appropriately communicate and take appreciation to one another. The program is well-managed. Co-workers are always be there on time, supervisor would assign different roles to employees and placement students for every day task. Under the supervision, all co-workers are very well mannered, decent and friendly. The hardest part of work is that during Halloween season, we were short of people and had to multitask between sales and school teacher. I enjoyed working with children and watch them grow.
Pros
Nice environment, good supervisor
Cons