Christian Horizons Employee Reviews

fun and convenient place to work
DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 September 2018
Training is provided to help you grow as you are caring for individuals with disabilities , there are a variety of positions , full , part , and relief as well as flex which include benefits as well .
Positive and healthy environment
Student Practicum Support Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 August 2018
Christian horizon is a wonder place to work or apply for placement with staff, clients, etc. To work with that also can purse a lifelong career in especially various target populations to work with.
Behaviour Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
Like all corporate entity, management will not be perfect. The organization can be seen to be trying to work its ways through the complexities of everyday life. It needs to create an effective oversight of the various divide amongst its employees before it further deepens
I Value My Time There
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 July 2018
Truly a great place to be employed. They are very imperfect. You have to be in any job for the right reasons. Dealing with coworkers who micromanaged sucked.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No breaks
Educational and rewarding place to work, with greatly understated people.
Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 July 2018
This job offered insight into the lives of persons with special needs in a very intimate day to day manner. The joys of seeing change for the good in some of our clients, no matter how small, were great rewards. The joy of a smile when you remembered their favourite treat, or helped them to accomplish something otherwise impossible for them, (going out in public) was unique and special.

The dynamic of the work was with a team and often this could be difficult in a situation where the 2 staff members found it difficult to accept each other.
I found having some time before shift started, to organize and decide on each workers responsibilities was a good way to get things done efficiently, and to ensure that our clients needs were always being met.

Too often, however I found that the little things we tried to do with, and for, our clients were getting set aside and becoming 'of no importance' due to the increase in the amount of paperwork and extra work load placed on the staff by management.
The hardest thing was to have to say 'no' to a special person, in order to have to fill in forms and do filing etc.
Pros
interaction with some great persons daily
Cons
long shifts, emotionally draining
Daily supports for persons experiencing developmental disabilities
Developmental Service Professional (DSW) (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 June 2018
Workers at CH are trained to support individuals using daily activity schedules and individual therapies. These are based on Behaviour Support Plans developed by Behavioural therapists, who work with input from frontline staff team members.
Pros
Active work place
Cons
Risks encountered when managing behaviours

Want to know more about Christian Horizons?

Ask a question