Christian Horizons (CA)
View all Christian Horizons (CA) reviews

Christian Horizons (CA)

Christian Horizons (CA) Employee Review

There's a Reason I've Stayed for Decades

Christian Horizons is a large, professionally run, compassionate organization that seeks to see people experience belonging in their communities. I have served in seven different positions, and I can attest to meaningful, challenging work and supportive colleagues. Advancement is possible for those who take advantage of leadership development opportunities. Every organization has been challenged during the pandemic, but Christian Horizons employees have demonstrated incredible resilience, creativity and dedication.

Pros

Meaningful, interesting work with incredible people.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

My experience was tempered by an overbearing, sadistic supervisor

I loved the people we supported and many of my colleagues, but my supervisor made working there untenable.Christian Horizons took over an existing agency. This process was mishandled to the extent that the community deeply resents the heavy-handed way Christian Horizons has treated long-term employees.Christian Horizons brought in an ED from Ontario with cringe-worthy social skills.

Pros

The people we served.

Cons

Mettle of supervisory staff

– 8 October 2020
Hello, I believe you've reviewed the Canadian-based Christian Horizons on the U.S.-based Christian Horizon's page. We are two completely different organizations with the same name. If I'm mistaken, however, I'd like very much to talk to you. Please call me at (314) 587-7921. Sincerely,Barbara KellyChristian HorizonsSt Louis, Missouri (US)

Great place to work at

Great place to work at. Management is quite open and present even when pretty busy. Direct Support Professional are valued but the pay could be higher. Highly recommendable place to work.

Clients were wonderful to work with.

If you are looking for full time with this company, don't bother applying. There will never be full time. The shifts are not standard so you could be working from 4 to 9 hours. In order to get anywhere near full time hours, you would need to work 6-7 days a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Horizons (CA). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Christian Horizons (CA) with

• Christian Horizons (CA)
  • There's a Reason I've Stayed for Decades