Christian Horizons (CA)
View all Christian Horizons (CA) reviews

Christian Horizons (CA)

Christian Horizons (CA) Employee Review

Productive and Meaningful

Residents are wonderful. Managers can be dismissive of staff questions and ideas. Speaks to staff in abrupt manner making environment uneasy and toxic.

Pros

Residents are wonderful

Cons

Managers do not listen to staff

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

I would not recommend working here.

Christian Horizons is a decent organization. There is not much room for growth or promotion as it’s either a Direct Support Professional or management. Becoming a manager is rather difficult. To get into some programs it feels like a popularity contest. The pay is not great for the risks that the job comes with. You frequently have to deal with violent situations and crisis scenarios. Direct Support Professionals need a pay raise. Management doesn’t help much with supports it’s mainly up to Direct Support to problem solve. Not many managers are willing to sit with you to talk about ideas.

Pros

Paid time off, benefits

Cons

Low pay, crisis, lack of growth/job opportunities

Great workplace

I give CH a favorable rating. I was supported well by managers throughout my time there. Coworkers were positive and.collaborative. All in all this was a great place to work. The only downside I can think of.is working holidays and some.night shifts.

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, collaborative colleagues, positive work environment

Cons

Work some holidays, sometimes.overnight shifts

Strong team/family emphasis

This is an organization that values it's team members and people in leadership positions are very easy to approach and truly value the perspectives of all.

Pros

Person-centred in all they do!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Horizons (CA). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Christian Horizons (CA) with

• Christian Horizons (CA)
  • Productive and Meaningful