Christian Horizons (CA)
Happiness score is 72 out of 100
View all Christian Horizons (CA) reviews

Christian Horizons (CA)

Christian Horizons (CA) Employee Review

Psw job not really a Dsw job

Former employee for 5 years and at first it was fun but over covid and shortages we were like robots. Supervisor only there 2 or 3 days a week and the group is left to run it. Supervisor wines about coming in when no staff which is really not our problem. All about money and some of the individuals dont get to go out to often. This job is really a psw job not for a dsw. Yet the psws get paid more then the dsws. On the job board they tell you they prefer a dsw. Why i have no idea. Plus pastors, ministers working there get paid more as well. It is suppose to be all about the faith yet the individuals dont get out to church, sunday school, pray nothing like that. So sad. They dont even award the staff for working there and you end up burnt from all the hours worked. The program manager is a winner.

Pros

Nothing free there

Cons

8 to 12 hours

Same location

Good company, challenging but rewarding field

Good benefits package for Full Time contract employees. Ample vacation accruals and sick time accruals. Management approachable. Focus is on the people supported living with disabilities and how they relate with family, the community and the world. Fun to 'go along for the ride' to see how persons living with disabilities experience Life. Work as often or as little as you like. Good pay for the amount of 'office work' required.

Pros

flexible schedule or call in only

Cons

benefits package not great until you advance to full time contract
Same location

family home enviroment

Love working with the people I support . My shift is working the evenings there 4 days per week. I cook , clean take individuals to appointments when needed and help to encourage them to do as much for themselves as they can do as this does help with their self esteem. Management is good and supportive to any issues big or small. All of my co-workers are very helpful if I have any issues or just need some advice. hardest part of my job is seeing the individuals not have the same home and family contact that we would have and wish they could have more life experiences with family and friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is one on one relationships with them and knowing they really do appreciate what you do for them even as something as simple as going to Tim Hortons for a coffee in most cases makes their day. Something most of us take for granted.

Pros

helping others achieve their goals

Cons

seeing how hard it is for them when they dont get the goals they seek

Great place to work at

Great place to work at. Management is quite open and present even when pretty busy. Direct Support Professional are valued but the pay could be higher. Highly recommendable place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Horizons (CA). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Christian Horizons (CA) with

• Christian Horizons (CA)
  • Psw job not really a Dsw job