Christian Horizons (CA)

Christian Horizons (CA) Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker34 reviews
Canada34 reviews
It's a very challenging but fun and interesting place to work. They are flexible and family oriented company.I enjoy going to work daily as my client are eager to do activities and going out within the community, weather it for fun or medical .
All the staff are very petty back stabbed will try to get rid of you if you are not Nigerian they want to bring their friends 8n management dosen't care
Pros
Clients we support are great
Cons
Staff are ruthless
the working atmosphere was relaxed and management was understanding with clients and employees. Challenging at times, normal combative and argumentation with clients..team spirit was there amongst workers.
The group home has older individuals who are very much hands on. It’s tough work due to behaviours, conflict, SIB, and it’s very physical on the body. Plus, not enough staff so working alone supporting 6 clients becomes normal.
A good place to work with wonderful colleagues.Lots of manual work to do but could be fun if you like helping exceptional individuals.They provide ongoing training and assessment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lonely nights
Fantastic learning experience, enjoyed working with the clientele, grew experience with each day and enjoyed working along side the experienced staff members
A nice Company with a befitting benefit. I loved working at christian horizons for it serves both the individual and staff a equal opportunity to grow in knowledge and encouraging room of going to school and still working with their support package
A normal day in a group home involves providing support in all areas of life for approximately 5 or 6 people, on average, with developmental disabilities who live in a group home.
Contract staff are required to perform a Self Managed Work Team Role which may include Support Coordinator, Finance Coordinator, Scheduling Coordinator, or Property Coordinator.
Pros
Great working environment, good teams, professionally as challenging as you want it to be
Cons
Sometimes have to deal with aggitated people. Some staff are not team players
Great place too work as well as put your loved ones into. As a Personal Support worker I have never learnt as much as I have have working in this facility.
Overall, Christian Horizons is an excellent place to work. Be prepared for a major challenge working with adults with developmental disabilities. The work environment is like none other. There are great rewards but also great sacrifices made.
Pros
Good benefits and education
Cons
Stressful work environments
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Christian Horizons (CA)?
individuals are great to work with over all the company is good but not a lot of room for growth locally. pay scale is not great and takes a very long time to get full time.
Pros
free meals, ability to plan outings
Cons
poor management, poor staffing, long hours
it is overseeing four people with challenges that they are fed, house is clean and they are taken to appointments and activities that they request to be taken to.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
a days work can be long working by yourself
Christian Horizons is a great company to work for. I have been working for Christian Horizons for over 3 years. I have a great working relation with everyone.
Pros
you can take break at any time.
Cons
no specific break time
I have worked for this company almost five years, it's the most enjoyable time I have had on any job. Taking care of people with disabilities is very challenging but rather enjoyable, the individuals with disabilities have a vision and it's up to the staff to help them see the vision more clearly. Yes there are some disagreement among some staff, but I don't think it's done in front of the residents. For me working here in Oshawa, I would not have it any other way. Thank you Christian Horizons for employing me; thank you to my co-workers for us taking care of the guys so responsibly, and in letting them know that we will always be there to assist them in their, personal needs and vision. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking them out into the community such as Restaurant's, Church, Concerts and even on vocation. The look on their faces is priceless enough.
Pros
sitting and enjoying a meal with the clients.
Cons
Long hours are periodical.
I have worked for Christian Horizons for over 21 years. It has never let me down. I have always enjoyed going to work every day The clients I support are my second family. They come first and foremost.
Pros
Christian based organization
Cons
Changing from family oriented to basic support
Christian horizons is a great employer.I have learnt a lot about leadership . I have enjoyed a lot of staff development through several training in behavior management.It is great to be part of what makes people smile and help them be part of their communities.
I loved working here because our team was like a family as well as the people we supported. It never felt like work because it flew by and it was always a lot of fun.
Pros
Hanging out with fantastic people
Cons
Having to leave
This company is great for advancement.
Relationship with employees is only mediocre. States one thing, but does another.

Not unionized, so it is hard to fight for your rights.

benefits are only basic.
Pros
can work long term
Cons
management seems two-faced
Really enjoy working there, wonderful staff and employer. Wonderful mission and values. Very fulfilling field of work. Nice to be able to help people with exceptional needs.
This was my school placement. Great atmosphere and learned a lot about this business. Clients were always enjoyable to work with.
Really enjoy my time with the clients but management was terrible.
Clients were a the abuse of some staff who had light fingers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Horizons (CA). Our community is ready to answer.