Been with CH for 16 years, it used to be a great company to work for...
DSP (Former Employee) – Sudbury, ON – 5 January 2019
To the point
1. If your contract, your roles and expectations are not reflected in your salary. There has been no real raise in 9 years. While DSP work very hard frontline and care about what they do, they are constantly getting burnt out due to shortages and unrealistic work demands being piled sky high, which equates to less one on one with the people we support. It also means that it's very difficult to get your vacation time and since they consider you essential needs if they can't cover you, then you don't get your vacation.
2. Work culture used to be fun. Now the majority of DSP are angry, bitter, feel unheard and powerless to create positive change.
3. Our benefits have taken a MAJOR hit unless your in a contract of over 35hr.
4. Management is NOT forthcoming and withhold information that can often put people at risk.
5. While some managers strive to do the best they can, not all are easy to work with and some are flat out bullys.
6. Very stressful and the job politics are the worst.
7. Positive: the people you will meet and support will make you grow and become a better human being.
8. As much as your teaching them, their teaching you.
9. You will learn some great life skills that transfer over to everyday life.
10. Fast paced work environment that is always changing.
The people we support 💗
Salary is too low and there is way too much paperwork.