Choices Markets

Choices Markets Employee Reviews

Good Place for First Job

Great place to work as a young adult, but standing on your feet everyday can get tiring. Management can be a bit unorganized at times, but nothing to difficult. Hardest part of job is standing on feet all day, dealing with customers.

Great place to work, great management

Everyone was so nice, accommodating and supportive. Managers would step in and help with no questions asked and wanted everyone to feel safe and supported.

Poor management

A typical day is receive orders, stock shelves, clean, dust and then customer service. No support from management, it is all about them. Very little flexibility. The best part is the customer support and some co-workers.

Pros

Samples

Cons

Poor management

inclusive, fun, kind environment

everyone working at choices is very kind and easy to get along with. the managers always make sure you are comfortable and happy at work and are always willing to help you with your scheduling needs

Amazing workplace.

Amazing and fun workplace, would highly recommend. Very accommodating with schedules and an overall joy to be once part of an awesome team. Lots of breaks and great pay.

Pros

Accommodating and fun

Cons

Repetitive tasks

Great place!

I met life long friends working here. The team was amazing! They always made you feel heard and treated the staff with dignity and respect. It is definitely a place I miss the most.

Low wages hard work lousy hours

Working at Choices Market was great to start. Its a demanding job as a supervisor and not paid your worth. The bonus about Choices it’s like a family away from home. Yes shifts are all over the place but it was fun too. The Lockart Family who previously owned it made it the company it is today. I don’t believe any one can replace that. Hard work yes. Customer service #1 I met so many sweet customers at the Whiterock Store. Every week repeat customers would come in and request me to bag there groceries. I got pushed out through upper management forcing me to transfer to Yale town or I didn’t have a job.

Pros

The customers and staff

Cons

Low wages hrs all over the place

Great people, managers treat staff well. Plenty of staff appreciation events, such as BBQs. Made plenty of friends while I worked here and had a lot of fun too.

Good working environment

Working with Choices Markets is pleasant. Customers are mostly frequent shoppers who know employees by name and are friendly with them as are the employees. Management has appropriate concern for their employees and are always supportive of employees' personal health needs. The range of merchandise available on the shelves are an interesting collection of popular brands as well as products for the more health conscious shopper. Relationships between employees is very friendly and everyone gets along well with their fellow employees.

A strong cultured workplace with friendly neighborly faces.

Choice's Market is a great place to get anything you need locally, and information on wellness and health. Working there was a good experience. The people are the highlight.

Jobs at Choices Markets

See more jobs

Fist Experience

For me, it was a great experience. I had never worked on the Delhi Clerk's position before, but I did it very well. Choices Managers are competent and extremely friendly. They collaborate and help with every need. The salary could be better because the work is hard and physically demanding.

fast paced and frendly

Such a great staff, they are all so supportive and caring. A great atmosphere to conduct work in. Treated everyone like family and were very encouraging.

Good work environment

I enjoyed my time there. The management was good. I learned a lot and had fun doing my time there. I would recommend this work environment to a friend as I liked working there.

Produce manager.

I think the company is a great place to start a career in the grocery service industry They really want to maintain a good employee base for future opportunities within the company that do come up often They were a local BC based family run business that was recently purchased by another BC baced company that is again looking to expand I’m sure

Fast Paced, Fun

Great place to work at if you want to work a part-time job. The management is extremely friendly and supportive. Would recommend it to others. They were like a family to me.

Okay place to work

It was an okay place to work, but not as a career. Unless you are a certain personality (ex. extroverted and 'bubbly') they will pass you over for any chances of advancement because they don't see that you will fit their 'mould'. Got tired of the management after working there for a year and had to leave.

inconsistent

Employees need to be valued more. Get stuff fixed; bathrooms etc. Take care of your staff, and make sure things are clean! My boss overall awsome. I think top management could raise wages, and listen to staff about work environment.

Amazing benefits, understanding and supportive team

It can be slow at certain times of the day but the environment is extremely positive and supportive.You might find yourself looking for other small jobs to do like reorganizing the isles while waiting for traffic to pick up. The benefits are great. The customers are friendly and interesting people, it is worthwhile to develop a rapport with them. If you are passionate about the environment and maintaining a clean, healthy diet, this is the place for you.

Productive workplace

In a typical day at work we would face many adversities but all of them were amazingly taken care of. The manager was pretty great and I had a good time working there!

Great place to work. Friendly, helpful work environment. Opportunities for advancement are available and management very fair and supportive. Thanks for the opportunity!

Good job for students

Good job for students, surprisingly flexible hours, no experience necessary. Requires some physical abilities (picking up boxes, etc.) Management was better than some places I've worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choices Markets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement