Choices Markets

Choices Markets Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
Good working environment
Working with Choices Markets is pleasant. Customers are mostly frequent shoppers who know employees by name and are friendly with them as are the employees.
Management has appropriate concern for their employees and are always supportive of employees' personal health needs.

The range of merchandise available on the shelves are an interesting collection of popular brands as well as products for the more health conscious shopper.

Relationships between employees is very friendly and everyone gets along well with their fellow employees.
A strong cultured workplace with friendly neighborly faces.
Choice's Market is a great place to get anything you need locally, and information on wellness and health. Working there was a good experience. The people are the highlight.
Fist Experience
For me, it was a great experience. I had never worked on the Delhi Clerk's position before, but I did it very well. Choices Managers are competent and extremely friendly. They collaborate and help with every need.
The salary could be better because the work is hard and physically demanding.
fast paced and frendly
Such a great staff, they are all so supportive and caring. A great atmosphere to conduct work in. Treated everyone like family and were very encouraging.
Good work environment
I enjoyed my time there. The management was good. I learned a lot and had fun doing my time there. I would recommend this work environment to a friend as I liked working there.
Produce manager.
I think the company is a great place to start a career in the grocery service industry They really want to maintain a good employee base for future opportunities within the company that do come up often They were a local BC based family run business that was recently purchased by another BC baced company that is again looking to expand I’m sure
Fast Paced, Fun
Great place to work at if you want to work a part-time job. The management is extremely friendly and supportive. Would recommend it to others. They were like a family to me.
Okay place to work
It was an okay place to work, but not as a career. Unless you are a certain personality (ex. extroverted and 'bubbly') they will pass you over for any chances of advancement because they don't see that you will fit their 'mould'. Got tired of the management after working there for a year and had to leave.
inconsistent
Employees need to be valued more.
Get stuff fixed; bathrooms etc.

Take care of your staff, and make sure things are clean!

My boss overall awsome. I think top management could raise wages, and listen to staff about work environment.
Amazing benefits, understanding and supportive team
It can be slow at certain times of the day but the environment is extremely positive and supportive.You might find yourself looking for other small jobs to do like reorganizing the isles while waiting for traffic to pick up. The benefits are great. The customers are friendly and interesting people, it is worthwhile to develop a rapport with them. If you are passionate about the environment and maintaining a clean, healthy diet, this is the place for you.
Productive workplace
In a typical day at work we would face many adversities but all of them were amazingly taken care of. The manager was pretty great and I had a good time working there!
Great place to work. Friendly, helpful work environment. Opportunities for advancement are available and management very fair and supportive. Thanks for the opportunity!
Good job for students
Good job for students, surprisingly flexible hours, no experience necessary. Requires some physical abilities (picking up boxes, etc.) Management was better than some places I've worked.
Flexible hours and great people to work with.
As a deli clerk, I was able to work quickly and independently. Management was great and staff was a pleasure to work with. Had the opportunity to climb the ladder for a more long term position if I wanted to.
Good atmosphere
A typical day involves taking customers orders, being polite and courteous, and making sure their groceries are packed properly. We have other duties as well though, such as taking back returns and unwanted items, keeping the cash area stocked and clean, memorizing codes for certain products, making sure all of your money is in order. For senior cashiers there's also making sure the new hires are doing their jobs well, answering all their questions, and training them when supervisors aren't around.

What I learned was how to interact with customers and coworkers and how to properly bag items.

I didn't talk with management much, but when I did, I never felt like I was doing good enough. No matter how much I tried, I felt constantly reprimanded and to an extant targeted.

The fellow cashiers there are very social and you'll always have fun talking. This does get out of hand sometimes however.

The hardest part of the job is trying to balance all of your responsibilities when each one seems to be your top priority. Trying to compensate for being frequently understaffed is also quite demanding for everyone involved.

The most enjoyable part of the job was how nice some of the people there are.
Good for short term work
Worked here for 2 and a half years out of high school, did my schooling while here, bosses were nice, got some good food on breaks, but was shot down a lot for promotion both to lead hand and when I wanted to go into the warehouse. Possibly my bad because I was very peppy and somewhat of a joker, eventually I got a call for a better job but it still was good work experience.
Pros
Bosses/staff were nice, consistent work, works with school
Cons
Not much advancement
Good place to work, but the culture is very lacking
Worked for Choices Markets for a while. The management isn’t bad, you receive extended benefits after 6 months of employment. If you’re available 32 hours or more, you’re pretty much guaranteed morning shifts. Management isn’t bad. The exception is the management and staff who have been there 10+ years. Those staff tend to have an entitled feeling, and don’t like to take any criticism or direction from anyone who hasn’t worked there longer then they have. Constantly being reminded that sales are down, and those stresses are then expected out of you. Very understaffed, so you’re constantly working with a feeling of pressure on you.

Overall it’s not a bad place to work, but if you accept a position in which you’re working 32 hours or more, be prepared to be treated like a manager/department head but paid like a part-time clerk.
Pros
Extended benefits, Good hours, Flexible schedule
Cons
Overworked, Staff doesn’t care, Entitled long term staff, Bad culture
Good atmosphere
It's a good place to work, especially if you enjoy dealing with the public.
It has been interesting to learn about different types of health products.

The management is very responsive and cares about their staff.

For the most part if you're a people person it is a good place for you!

I'd say that overall it is a good place to work, they treat their staff well and they have a good group of people working within the location I am currently working at.

They also make sure to bring in local produce and products which is very respectful, it is a B.C. owned and operated company and if that's an important aspect of business to others I think that's a great component of this business.
Pros
They are inclusive, good team, good management, incentives
Cons
Because it is such a specialized store there are just a lot of products you won't know, so the only downside to this is just not knowing what everything is.
Not bad place to work
It was a pretty good place to work. Could use some better management. Not bad hours. Pay is not bad and customers are very nice. Could use more communication.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Poor management at times
Fun Workplace, Good Co-workers
I enjoyed working at Choices for three years. They had flexible hours and competitive wages. The staff are very friendly and easy to befriend, a lot of my current close friends were met there. Easy going atmosphere in the store and a younger staff, depending on the location of the store worked at.
Relaxed environment
Overall a good place to work however the training process could be improved. Pretty friendly staff and management was understanding. The job became boring as it is the same task most of the day.