Chohan Carriers Ltd.

Working at Chohan Carriers Ltd.: Latest Chohan Carriers Ltd. Reviews

Canada65 reviews

flatdeckdrivercarrierdispatchtruckguyloadequipment

Take a pick ..

It's not pretty in this industry any more. It ain't bad here, just gotta get used to the industry nonsense standards nowadays .. good luck to all of you.

Cons

dont care about there drivers

managment dont care about there drivers and will leave you stranded for days on end in extreme cold conditions with a broke down truck with something that is a 20 minuite fix

Insights into Chohan Carriers Ltd.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Le beau travaille

Une entreprise qui réussit aime un bon travailleur et un bon travail.

What happens after the new guy stage ends

The drivers are great to work with but the most of the headache came from the office where the dispatchers will push even when your out of hours to keep going they have no experience running rigs or working with them but on a personal level they are still good people just no knowledge on hours of service and that we can't get up and move like a car.

Cons

To be pushed over your hours, lack of info on load info.

Unprofessional

Very unprofessional x150 bad service very unfair set of people. Just sad I wish I didn’t know about this company much less working with them. Am embarrassed to have such a company on my resume. Bad experience working for them. They don’t have a clue of what they are doing. Shipper has problems with them. Driver has problems with them , receiver has problems with them. DOT has problems with them. Everybody has problems with them. Even they themselves have problems with themselves.

Do not work with Chohan

Overall; I'll recommend that if you want to Grow; then do not join this company. Growth happens only when many people leave and to save rest; those left one's are promoted.

Pros

No, life time

Cons

Long hours of working

Most understanding employer

I joined Chohan in 2018 when I was newly separated and was navigating thru life being a single dad. Chohan gave me the flexibility to see my kids, make excellent money and benefits. They really are the most understanding employer I have ever had. Life is already hard enough, and although highway driving can be too they make it easy to enjoy my career. Just bought a new place recently - thanks to the stability at Chohan.

Pros

Love highway trucking

Cons

nothing

Driven to succeed

As soon as i got there i felt welcomed. Being upfront about my experience they were able to take the time to train and make sure i was set up to excel. Great teamwork to get loads delivered. Family time is welcomed. Lots of steady work and miles. If you needed anything for the truck they helped you aquire it. Good equipment overall.

Pros

Lots of work

Great company to work with

Chohan is a great company. They have a lot to offer in regards to workload as they are one of the busiest companies in the industry. Tons of admin work, tons of support from the owners, and most of the people working there have been there for years with no plans on leaving. I only left because i moved out of province.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Can be very very busy

Great company

i have been a driver for Sunny and Chohan Carriers for a few years now. Very happy working here. sunny is a great boss. There is no shortage of loads with this company.

Pros

Lots of loads

Cons

N/a

I have worked with the Chohan group for a number of years and do not have enough good things to say about this company. The owner, Sunny, is incredibly supportive of a work/life balance, pays well, and is completely engaged in all aspects of the company. He has a great attitude and encourages all of us to succeed. He makes me feel as if I am an important member of the team.

Pros

Cons

Can get extremely busy on certain days but just need to prioritize tasks

Chohan is the future of flatdeck trucking

No matter where you turn, you will see a Chohan truck driving down the road. These guys have the nicest equipment, and man, the drivers themselves are really decent. I broke down by Hinton, and two guys stopped to make sure I was ok. They helped me get to the next shop. I now work at Chohan, and can proudly say I am no longer oilfield or overworked like that. I keep a clean, straight life- and they hold me accountable. Love my career at this company.

Pros

Everything and everyone at Chohan

Cons

nothing

Work hard and get paid

I came to this company with $20 in my pocket, and the will to work my butt off to get back on my feet after being laid off during Covid-19.Chohan gave me the chance to rebuild my finances, offering me lots of loads and very good pay. I am now out of the 'red', benefits on the way, love the truck I drive. Thanks.

Pros

Everyone at Chohan

Cons

nothing

good work place

been here for 5 years, one of the best flat deck trucking companies to work for. if your looking for a solid career come work here! will be retiring here.

Pros

best

Cons

hard work

Like working hard and making no money this is the place to be

This is the worst company I have ever worked for late paydays, mileage less than actual, forced dispatch, safety next to none, equipment not maintained and always breaking down, this place should be placed out if service but for some reason are still in business I'm owed over 8000 and will probably never see it

Pros

Cons

Very low pay

just started.

everything is going really well, i would say good managed company. i been here only a couple months but i am very happy with how things are going. i know what my next dispatch is before i deliver which is really helpful. super nice people.

Pros

everyone freindly

10 years here!

been here as a company driver for over 10 years, best trucking company i have ever worked for. steady work and steady miles year around. would recommend driving here if your looking for the best flat decker around!

Poor

Look elsewhere.still haven't seen my last paycheck . Liars.cheats thieves .and all targeting the hard working truckers.one of the most pathetic logistics companies I have ever seen to be allowed to operate in this country

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Theyll work you to death.and short- change you

Hardest Working Drivers Get Rewarded

I have worked at Chohan for the last year, and I have proven myself to them that I am dedicated to the career and the company. I deliver on time, I am upfront with the dispatch when I need time off, and they treat me well. Love working here.

Pros

Nice trucks, good miles every month

Made good money

good miles, paid empty or loaded. Trucks kept breaking down. 6 trucks in 5 months . And mechanic did just enough to get truck on the road. Waiting for repairs while under a timetable sucked. Having to work harder to get the job done after repairs.

Pros

good money

Cons

bad upkeep

Overall rating is "0"

don't waste your time , there are other companies. Management will promise you indian paradise, that means you will make $$$ for the company not for you

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Poorly paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chohan Carriers Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement