Chohan Carriers Ltd. Employee Reviews

Always Pays On Time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 February 2019
These guys always pay on time. Direct deposit, no begging for your money.
I just saw they bought ten brand new 2019 Peterbilts, all decaled and ready to go. They gave me a new B Train to run - right out of the factory. Love these guys.
Pros
New trucks and equipment
This ain't no average company - Chohan is the best
Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 February 2019
Walked in on a Saturday, did the road test, and they called me back on the Tuesday to let me know I was good to go.
Ya, they do background checks - but I would do them too if I was looking out for the public.
Got myself a nice Peterbilt to drive. Chohan pays direct deposit, and has extended benefits for company drivers.
Good bunch of people. Can't say enough positive stuff about them.
Pros
Peterbilt trucks
Cons
Nada
Best Trucking Employer in BC
Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley23 February 2019
As a driver, you have a choice to work for a company that appreciates their staff. Chohan Carriers does exactly that.
The dispatchers, managers and yard staff are courteous to you no matter what your background is. They are next level in Flatdeck, and every driver and office person makes you feel welcome whether its your first day or your 12th year here.

Keep up the good work, Team Chohan.
Pros
Everthing
Smoke and Mirrors
Driver (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2019
Be aware of these guys! Forced dispatch and total disrespect for any personal life. They expect you to sit and wait for loads that benefit them and then run all night after you have been sitting.

Very poor communication with constantly switching trailers and equipment each time, with no extra pay.

There is a definite shady underworld component to this company. Don't be fooled by the nice equipment.
Pros
You can drive fast
Progressive Company with the Nicest Trucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley7 February 2019
Applied here on a whim, and never looked back once. Love this company. Dispatch is straightforward, and very little waiting time. They treat everyone equally, no matter what their background is.
If you want to succeed with a Flatdeck Company, work for Chohan.

They gave me a chance when I needed it, and I am proud to say that I work here.
Pros
Everyone that works there
Poor communication
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC27 January 2019
There is no inter office communication, load rates are far to low, insurance is a way to high. They want you to use elogs but won’t communicate with it.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Loads insurance
Chohan is Awesome
Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC26 January 2019
Lots of carriers make big promises to the drivers, but its the ones that follow through that make the difference. Chohan Carriers is awesome that way.
Dispatch keeps things light, always got a reload for me, and their equipment is next level. If you want a place that treats you right, apply here. Don't waste your time looking around at other companies, no one has the capital or the stability that Chohan Carriers can offer.
Great Company
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC28 December 2018
The best part about working at Chohan is the people and their equipment. Best of the best.

Anyone can open up a company, but without the right drivers or good office people you won't last. They are successful because they turn up for work every day. Nice fleet, lots of loads, financially stable.
Drivers, O/O and staff have it good at Chohan.
Pros
Good Company
Professional Flatdeck Company
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 June 2018
The Chohan Family are excellent.
They have done a great job by growing the company, by offering drivers year round work, and job security.

They give raises and I am hoping to become an Owner-Op in the near future.

This company truly cares about the driver, their families and is willing to go the extra mile for their customers.

No bs, they are the real deal.

Dispatchers, Manager, Safety, Payroll, everybody busts their butts to make it happen. Drivers have it good at Chohan.
Pros
Team Work Environment
Cons
Nothing. Trucking is trucking. No bad days
Job Security, Great Pay, Excellent Staff
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 June 2018
Chohan is the employer I have been looking for. Worked for many companies before, all of which who haven't met my needs.

Staff are awesome, they fill your truck with extra LTL when you have space. Pay on time by direct deposit, benefits get my teeth cleaned.

I am in the process of buying a second truck, which means I am clearly doing well.

Apply here if you want job security, and work all year round.

Chohan and his team make driving feel like a real career.
Pros
Good Pay, Steady Work
Steady work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 April 2018
Chohan Carriers has lots of loads, rarely ever any waiting for a reload, very busy operation.

I like the direct deposit and extended health benefits.

They have long haul, short haul, BC-AB. Nice to change it up a bit when you’re driving.

Office staff are good people.
Pros
Good pay
Nice Trucks, Good Pay & Benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley9 March 2018
The company has enough work for any drivers and owner ops looking to keep busy.
Nice trucks for company drivers, direct deposit, benefits.

Been a driver for a long time, and its not too often a company treats you fairly, and is willing to help you out when you need it.
Professional, Family-Oriented, Great Place to Work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 November 2017
Having worked at other asset-based companies, Chohan Carriers is one of the most organized Flatdeck companies in the Lower Mainland.
They offer solid, consistent work (never a shortage), drivers are paid on time electronically, extended benefits, and have brand new equipment.

They are always willing to help a driver out when they need it, have a replacement truck to use when one is in the shop.

The dispatchers work extra hard to ensure the drivers are covered, and they pay waiting time.

Its a fun place to work, and an excellent place to build a long-standing career. I love my job at Chohan Carriers.
Pros
Lots of Work, Teamwork Environment
great place
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC18 July 2017
loved working there lots of fun staff is also a lot of fun and really cool to be around i would go back to work there any day lots of fun was a very easy job
driver (Former Employee) –  surrey bc4 September 2011

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chohan Carriers Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3