Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Employee Reviews

3.6Pay & Benefits
4.2Job Security & Advancement
Pretty relaxed workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2016
If you're looking for a more relaxed type of workplace then this is the place for you. Not only are your co-workers very friendly, the place is always filled with the sweet sweet smell of chocolates.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
It's located in downtown
An interesting experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2016
The daily tasks are fun, a little tedious.
The people who come into the shop are nice to talk to.
The management can tend to be insensitive.
Co-workers are all amazing people.
Simple job with simple tasks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2015
A typical work day would include tidying up work spaces and making sure all displays and glasses are spotless. Chocolate must look presentable at all times. At Bernard Callebaut, I've learned mostly about handling customer orders over the phone and in person and making sure all customers are satisfied. I have become very close friends with all my coworkers. The work environment is much more friendlier any other job I've worked at. The management is handled very well, although there are a few flaws. During the high seasons, my manager would often get very stressed out and takes it out on the workers and piles her work onto us. Sometimes our hard work during the high seasons comes unappreciated.The hardest part of my job would be the occasional customer that come in with a bad attitude and mistreats the workers. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers and seeing their day get better just by eating a bit of chocolate. And of course, testing the chocolates to ensure the best quality chocolates for our customers!
Pros
Making memorable relationships with my coworkers as well as our regular customers.
Cons
Little pay for long hours
Excellent Company, Great people
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2013
• Prepared bank deposits, cash receipts, and various account reconciliation
• Handled the complete accounting cycle, including opening, posting entries
• G/L entry, order entry, day-end process, month- end process, preparing monthly statements.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a