Chipotle Mexican Grill
Coronavirus update
Information from Chipotle Mexican Grill:

Chipotle Mexican Grill Management reviews

Canada116 reviews
Working at Chipotle was not the best time. Was very poorly managed and it felt like the employees were running the store more than the managers. Would not recommend.
I would not work here ever again, do not recommend this job either, they treat you like trash, and they don't care if you quit because they will replace you easily.
Pros
50% off food, free food if worked more than 5 hrs and 15 mins
Cons
Bad managers, your pay per hour never ever goes up
The management team at Vancouver Robson location was pathetic. They treat crew members as slaves, no respect given and no value of hard-work. The general manager is so disrespectful and she thinks she owns the company, if you complain about her you gonna get terminated. The whole working environment is very discouraging.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect, racism
Management is following a racisim pattern while scheduling people for work. I have been working there ftom last 1.5 years and they were still deducting my hours cause of arguements during work.
Pros
They reimburse tution fee
Cons
They form a 6 months contract in order to reimburse your tution fee
Chipotle wants to give the impression that they value their workers before anything else but the truth is they only care about customers money. Work environment is stressful and the managers don't help at all. Pay rate is a joke for all the amount of work we have to do and how fast we got to be all the time. Not to mention that our "free" food is not free anymore. They discount it from our salary. To be honest the only thing I learned from working at Chipotle is how greedy fast food companies are. Please don't work in a place like this. You deserve better.
I have been working for Chiptle during the last 18 months; overall,I can say is an organized company which cares about its employees. Training is provided since day 1. The management team provides the support that the new employees need until they feel comfortable performing their job.
I have been able to work and learn in different areas of the restaurant, the environment is very dynamic. Chipotle is well known in the food industry, the food safety and security protocols are high standard; always looking for to provide the best quality and service to their customers.
very repetitive and the job easily turns into a routine, it's a very stagnant job (which i don't like). what i learned working at chipotle is that the management care more about sales than taking care of their employees. you will not be taken care of at all, that's just the honest truth. the only thing that makes up for the job are the crew members. hardest part of the job was putting up with terrible management, day in and day out. there is nothing positive from my experience from working at chipotle.
They don’t even train you properly & don’t give you any opportunities for advancement. They expect you to be perfect at everything and they will humiliate & belittle you for the littlest things. The working environment with the managers is very toxic and demanding. They continuously hire people who don’t fit the criteria for the job just to fire them and this hurts the crew who actually work hard. Don’t take this job if you are a student it is not worth it. The only good thing that came from this job was making new friends who understood the struggles of working there.
Was the biggest mistake I’ve made was working for this company. You’re promised a lot and you see none of it. If you enjoy hours all over the place and very intense work this is the job for you with no advancement
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Pay, management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chipotle Mexican Grill?
Fast paced workplace with great management, respectful co-workers and clean enviromment. Their culture is based on the cleanliness of the workplace and the safety of their employees.
A fun place to have your first job but some of the managers could use some social skills. Hours are inconsistent and the amount of work required for certain stations is not worth the pay. Management will also guilt trip you into not quitting or coming into work when you aren't scheduled if they can.
Pros
Free food, Fun coworkers
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Management
Excellent way to learn food-preparation, handling, storage and safety. Fantastic staff and management; great guests that you get to know over time. I love working here! Superb opportunities for those who want to get into training and to manage.
The working environment is really nice and active. Once you work there its like no other job. the crew and the management are nice. i highly recommend
Walk in ten minute before the start of my shift. When the shift starts check on the state of the kitchen and if any thing needs to be done right away. At the end of the shift there is the cleaning for the next shift. The management was fine some better then others. The hardest part of the job was that some times the person would let there work fall behind. The most enjoyable part was that you always had something to do.
Great place to work at!

Great management!

Excellent Job culture and team!

Highly recommended workplace.

Best part of the job - Nice managers and coworkers
Dépendant de la localisation, il semble que l'expérience varie. L'intérêt majeur de Chipotle réside dans le processus de formation qui fait passer chaque nouvel employé par tous les postes du restaurant et permet une ascension facile dans les postes de management.
Cependant, les journées sont intenses, physiquement et mentalement. A l'avant du magasin, le système de service à la chaîne tout à fait robotisé peut facilement rendre fou à la fin d'une journée. A l'arrière du magasin les attentes quant au temps accordé à la réalisation des tâches paraissent souvent irréalisables et constituent une inévitable source de pression. Dans l'ensemble, l'expérience dépendra certainement de la composition humaine de l'équipe mais l'intensité du timing rendra les journées exténuantes, surtout lorsqu'un collègue sera malade et ne sera pas remplacé. Noter cependant que pour des raisons sanitaires, vous ne serez jamais pressurisé à trouver un remplacement lorsque vous tombez malade.
It wasn't an extremely difficult job and I personally enjoy working in food-related jobs and so it was easy for me. Serving customers was quite easy and the tasks were not difficult. The only downside was having to wash the dishes. They would pile up quickly and you could be standing there for hours just rinsing and scrubbing. It's an easy job if you're starting out and the free meal you get while working is a nice addition to it as well. If you decide to get food while you're not working, you are also able to get 50% off your meal (only at your store's location). Management was quite dreadful, they weren't necessarily mean people but if you wanted to advance to a manager, which pays quite a bit more, then you'd have to do a lot of sucking up. There is favouritism involved and it's quite hard to advance if you're not favoured although you might be qualified.
Enjoyed working here overall, was challenged to better my time management skills and am now more equipped with general kitchen skills and food safety.
I worked at Chipotle for 10 months and I had a great time working there. Some may attribute that to the fact that I am a man as I hear that harassment was a rampant issue among the young (18-20 y/o) girls I worked with. I really enjoyed the work and the food here and, if I could have, I would have kept working here for even longer.
Pros
Free meal every shift
Cons
Store layout was poor
management was impressive. with good colleagues. A good workplace to start with you will learn a lot from them. they will teach and guide you all throughout your orientation. free uniform and meals.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too much work load
Depending who is in management can change the work environment/atmosphere. Some managers motivated me to do better while other managers made me not like working there at all.
Pros
Free meals, flexible positions during shift
Cons
Long hours, high expectations and low rewards