Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Good place to work if you want to have a part time job with no aspirations of growing.
The store management is influenced a lot about friendship with crew members.
A great place to work!
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2018
The working atmosphere was great. All my coworkers were friendly and my managers made it easy for me to be flexible with working hours. The work can get a bit stressful when it is busy but other than that, it is manageable and not to tiresome.
Pros
Free meals
Fun workplace with great coworkers
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 March 2018
I always looked forward to going to work because of the welcoming and fun environment. I had a very good relationship with all of my coworkers, we would always be helping each other out. Teamwork was always important. I loved learning new things and being able to interact with different people. It was a job where you did not have time to be tired because it required you to be on your feet and that is something I love.
amazing and fun work place with full of responsibilities
I. Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2018
I learned how to work with team all together and how to achieve mutual goals. The management team was quite helpful and motivate you in tough times. The most enjoyable part of job is to cook food and deliver outside while listening to music.
Pros
paid breaks
Fast-paced job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2018
A typical day at work consisted of a great deal of multitasking. For example, while the chicken and steak were cooking on the grill, previously cooked meats were in need of being cut into pieces. At the same time, rice and beans were prepared on the side. This is a very fast-paced job, with little to no breaks on the job, especially around busy times such as dinner time. I learned how to perform well under pressure and complete several tasks at once. The management did well in teaching me all of the tricks of the trade. Workplace culture was exceptional, all employees were sociable and good to each other, and cleaning sessions were fun and involved listening to music at the same time. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing friends come into the shop to eat, so make sure you appear presentable at work.
Pros
Discounted food on breaks, and line-tasting foods
Cons
Constant work required
I loved my Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 February 2018
Working at Chipotle was great when certain managers were on duty. Certain managers were a pleasure to work with because they treated you with respect and dignity. Others made you feel worthless.
I enjoyed working there but had a list of items that could've been improved.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 January 2018
I've grown with the company the past two and a half years. It has gone through many changes some for the better, some otherwise. I'd say they need to work on managing the time of workers, focus on raises and cross-training. And also, maintain the hours and schedules each week instead of changing it up. But the managers were aring and understanding. They're hard-workers. Chipotle gets very busy at times and we need to focus on delivering the best service.
Pros
Free lunches, 50% discount, casual, paid break
Cons
Standing job
learning, multi-tasking, free meal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2018
stressful job, with lots of learning. free meal a day while working. good experience to start off. they make you learn everything, which is good. opportunity to grow within the company as well.
bad management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
-either very busy or very dead
-learned a lot about customer service, problem solving
-management was not very good
-how youre day goes depends on the people you work with
Pros
free lunches, paid breaks
Cons
bad management
very friendly and energetic environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
Its a good place with a good environment. I learned how to do salsa, chips, also how to do prep marinating. Meeting our time expectation is the hardest thing but it motivates us to work great.
Pros
free food, paid break
Productive and a fun place to work!
Crew member ( Part time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
It was a great start for me and helped me develop my personal and professional skills. The whole process system was genuine and well integrated. The staff are welcoming and motivational at every stage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Excessive workload during peak hours
Completely Unprofessional
Burrito Roller (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2018
They never respected my availability.The managers would make inappropriate comments.I was treated with disrespect on a daily basis.Worst job I have ever had.
Fun but the attitude on most of the managers were horrible.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON3 January 2018
In the beginning it was nice until peoole started to get really comfortable. The manager expected for you to.come.jnto work even if you were sick and injured and I don't do well with that. The girls that worked there were very rude
Fun place to work and I learned a lot
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2017
The job culture was very friendly an encouraging and the team is like a family. I enjoyed the interactions with customers, the fast paced environment, and the food perks!
Pros
Free food, learn a lot about food prep and service.
Cons
Tiring, sometimes early or late working hours.
A Typical Day At Work
Cashier/Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
My typical day at Chipotle involves prepping multiple salsas for the entire day. This includes, making roughly 16 deep pans of each, mild salsa (pico de gallo) and corn salsa. Around 4-5 1/6th pans for hot salsa and medium salsa (salsa verde). As well as shredding around 12+ deep pans of cheese. There is also sour cream and vinaigrette to prepare as well. Once completed, preparation for lunch rush is done and the start of the opening the store and serving customers until you need to prep extra food for the evening.
Pros
Paid breaks, free uniform, free food at the end of your shift or during your break.
It is a great start
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2017
Chipotle sets you up with life skills that are going to be useful in your daily life such as; cleaning, cooking, and being responsible. You might be asked to do various activities to show that you are a top-performer. Environment is great. if it is your first job you will love it. You will make tons of friends and even sharing time with them at movies.
Great workplace with reasonable pay and hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 October 2017
It's a fun workplace with great management team and amazing coworkers, they allow everyone to have a say on whom to hire which is great. A review occurs every 6 months to see if you deserve a raise, more improvements = higher raise. It's great at first, but the longer you work the more annoying the job gets which you tend to lose passion with their standards but if you work with people you love, they make you want to not quit.
Pros
Paid break, free meal
Cons
Repetitive, High standards
Fun workplace with great management & crew
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
My experience at Chipotle was a very good one. The workplace culture was amazing as I got along and made a lot of good friends at Chipotle. The work itself is quite physically demanding but also rewarding. My multi-tasking and time management skills improved a lot thanks to Chipotle.
Productive workplace with integrity and filled with friendly staff that loves to work.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  yonge and dundas31 August 2017
A workplace filled with guest that is satisfied when being served. Every guest that comes in the restaurant is ensured to leave the store with a happy heart and a happy stomach. Everyday there is always something new to learn and adapt in working at chipotle. Each crew member looks out for one another and makes sure no team member is left out on doing a task thats supposed to be for two and ofcourse when doing something thats may not meet work standard, each team member is to take intiative in correcting what was done wrong.

Cihpotle management ensures that guest are served with no harm, with that said they make sure that managers check each members wellness to work in order to supply customers food that may not cause them to be ill. The management also makes sure that not only do they take care of their guest but most importantly their staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to serve guests and meeting their satisfaction when coming into our store. As well as being a part of a team that always have a happy heart and carries a smile on their faces at work.
Pros
Free lunch and tuition reimbursement after a year of working at chipotle.
terrible
TEAM MEMBER / PREP CREW (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2017
Terrible experience, they make you feel like you are not useful, most of the managers always tell you that you are doing everything wrong, they always tell you to work faster and faster... they never congrats when you make a good job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52K