Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Work/life balance for salary managers is awful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
They teach you everything you need to succeed in your position. Learning is every day and the team is regularly good with exceptions. You get free food while being on shift.
Pros
LEarn a lot about kitchen, team management, scheduling, ordering supplies, etc. You will have the opportunity to growth a lot.
Cons
Long working hours. Inefficient procedures, Too many rules that creates unnecessary stress and paranoia, Be ready to wash tons of dishes every single moment cause they dont have proper dishwashers, The communication is no effective within the team, Canadian and American Regional management bluffs in words and promises but don't really care
productive and really fun place to work at
cashier, (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
chipotle is a very good place to work at. we get a lot to learn here.the staff here is really friendly. everyone hepls each other with the stuff. clean anh hygienic place.
Poor management
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2018
They don't follow the procedures themselves. Even though my co-workers were experienced, they did things differently than what the manager had told me. One manager likes thing in one way, the other one in the other way. There's no uniformity. You don't even get time to drink water (someone calls for something if you do try to). Employees that had been working there took shortcuts (not drying the pans/bowls with paper towels and serving/preparing food immediately)
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Constant work, rude manager and even worse upper management which will blame you
Energetic and friendly workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 July 2018
Working at Chipotle was great, as everyone on the crew got to know one another. We would strive to better one another, and help each other if they required help. Managers were very understanding with everyone's schedule and would try to ensure that everyone got the hours they wanted. The first few days were difficult, obviously to trying to learn and adjust to the work, but it soon becomes a routine. I felt that my experiences with working under pressure, working with a group, and customer service has improved greatly while working here.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Hard work
personal opinion
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 June 2018
the most managers made me feel like the work I did was ever enough. Very disappointing when you're literally doing the best you can. Also, the distribution of work at my location did not seem fair.
Pros
free meal and organized structure.
Cons
Loads of work in comparison to the amount of pay
Busy & Tiresome with Poor Managment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NH17 June 2018
Working at Chipotle made me understand the tiresome drudge of working in the food industry. Although the management was very poor, I did get free food every time I worked. The management was so poor, that although I was trained to work on the line, the front of the house decided to make me fry tortilla chips all day, and not allow me to work on the line, despite the constant monotony of the job. When I closed, we often left way later than we were supposed to, and when we opened, since they made me fry chips, they gave me an impossible quota of chips to fry, in hopes of not wanting to listen to me at all.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Horrid managment
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Good place to work if you want to have a part time job with no aspirations of growing.
The store management is influenced a lot about friendship with crew members.
fastpace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
Very fast paced depending on season and location. Kept this job around since it was very fun to work with more than 5+ people during a shift and everyone getting along with each other.
Pros
Free food, challenging
A great place to work!
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2018
The working atmosphere was great. All my coworkers were friendly and my managers made it easy for me to be flexible with working hours. The work can get a bit stressful when it is busy but other than that, it is manageable and not to tiresome.
Pros
Free meals
Fun workplace with great coworkers
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 March 2018
I always looked forward to going to work because of the welcoming and fun environment. I had a very good relationship with all of my coworkers, we would always be helping each other out. Teamwork was always important. I loved learning new things and being able to interact with different people. It was a job where you did not have time to be tired because it required you to be on your feet and that is something I love.
amazing and fun work place with full of responsibilities
I. Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2018
I learned how to work with team all together and how to achieve mutual goals. The management team was quite helpful and motivate you in tough times. The most enjoyable part of job is to cook food and deliver outside while listening to music.
Pros
paid breaks
Fast-paced job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2018
A typical day at work consisted of a great deal of multitasking. For example, while the chicken and steak were cooking on the grill, previously cooked meats were in need of being cut into pieces. At the same time, rice and beans were prepared on the side. This is a very fast-paced job, with little to no breaks on the job, especially around busy times such as dinner time. I learned how to perform well under pressure and complete several tasks at once. The management did well in teaching me all of the tricks of the trade. Workplace culture was exceptional, all employees were sociable and good to each other, and cleaning sessions were fun and involved listening to music at the same time. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing friends come into the shop to eat, so make sure you appear presentable at work.
Pros
Discounted food on breaks, and line-tasting foods
Cons
Constant work required
I loved my Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 February 2018
Working at Chipotle was great when certain managers were on duty. Certain managers were a pleasure to work with because they treated you with respect and dignity. Others made you feel worthless.
I enjoyed working there but had a list of items that could've been improved.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 January 2018
I've grown with the company the past two and a half years. It has gone through many changes some for the better, some otherwise. I'd say they need to work on managing the time of workers, focus on raises and cross-training. And also, maintain the hours and schedules each week instead of changing it up. But the managers were aring and understanding. They're hard-workers. Chipotle gets very busy at times and we need to focus on delivering the best service.
Pros
Free lunches, 50% discount, casual, paid break
Cons
Standing job
learning, multi-tasking, free meal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2018
stressful job, with lots of learning. free meal a day while working. good experience to start off. they make you learn everything, which is good. opportunity to grow within the company as well.
bad management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
-either very busy or very dead
-learned a lot about customer service, problem solving
-management was not very good
-how youre day goes depends on the people you work with
Pros
free lunches, paid breaks
Cons
bad management
very friendly and energetic environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
Its a good place with a good environment. I learned how to do salsa, chips, also how to do prep marinating. Meeting our time expectation is the hardest thing but it motivates us to work great.
Pros
free food, paid break
Productive and a fun place to work!
Crew member ( Part time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
It was a great start for me and helped me develop my personal and professional skills. The whole process system was genuine and well integrated. The staff are welcoming and motivational at every stage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Excessive workload during peak hours
Completely Unprofessional
Burrito Roller (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2018
They never respected my availability.The managers would make inappropriate comments.I was treated with disrespect on a daily basis.Worst job I have ever had.
Fun but the attitude on most of the managers were horrible.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON3 January 2018
In the beginning it was nice until peoole started to get really comfortable. The manager expected for you to.come.jnto work even if you were sick and injured and I don't do well with that. The girls that worked there were very rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K