Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 8,514 reviews
You can find a better job!
Cashier, Grill, Line (Tortilla & Salsa), Prep. (Former Employee) –  323 Yonge St.2 March 2019
Management -not trained well enough to handle specific situations (short staff, deployment, dealing with customers, cash crash kit). Disorganized about 90% of the time. No strong communication with crew members or other managers. General Manager's approach is negative & condescending. Managers play favourites with some of the crew members. 99% of the time managers & most of the crew communicate in Tagolog while working therefore those that do not speak or understand the language will be left out during the majority of their conversations. No respect. Crew- not trained well enough to handle the long lines, rude customers, homeless people stealing from the tip jar or asking dine-in customers for money. Most crew there also speak Tagalog & will hardly make any effort to speak to you during "down time." Customers- You will have to deal with foreigners, students, homeless people walking into the store, business people, & just plain rude, greedy, & picky customers for a long 8 hours or so.
This type of work is very emotionally, mentally, & physically draining. I would not recommend this type of work for more than 1 year. If you work well, they might ask you if you're interested in becoming a manager but I personally would not advise anyone to take that "opportunity." The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work you have to do. Don't fall for the company's culture, it is very customer "orientated" which is expected but sometimes it feels like they value their customers more than their employees, especially because they need to recover their sales & regain customer's trust after
  more... the E. Coli. outbreak. The food is good but you will get tired of it fairly easy because there's only so much to choose from. Other than that it's a job & at the end of the day you work to get a pay cheque & if that's all you're looking for, then be my guest. That's just my two cents about my experience & to be honest I am glad that I left. You can find a better job out there with the same pay!  less
Pros
Pay Cheque
Cons
Management, Crew, Training, Long hours, Physical work
Good option to learn and grow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2019
Good company to start working. They provide good training, and there is a path do grow and achieve management. You can learn about time management, cooking safety, orders, customer service and how to work as a team.
Aprendizaje
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Canada31 January 2019
Lo que aprendí fue a estar en todos los roles de trabajo, y aprender de cada uno de ellos, no depender de los demás, para hacer algo, todo el tiempo fue trabajo en equipo. una experiencia muy padre con un gran aprendizaje.
Pros
Ambiente de trabajo muy padre, en su mayoria jovenes
Cons
No puedes trabajar más de 20 horas por semana
Was good at first, however it got worse
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2019
I started in october of 2017 and the jo started out great. I really enjoyed the management and my coworkers. However they fired the managers and sent in new managers from toronto and they really killed the team dynamic. They made the experience so unpleasant so I quit.
Labor demanding job but a fun workplace
Crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
- typical days depend on the position I am covering that day; this includes prepping vegetables, prepping meat, grilling meat, washing dishes and cleaning the store, serving customers and cashing customers out

- there is a lot of work to be done but a limited amount of time, all work must be done within a certain time

- the amount of hours required made it difficult to balance school, work, and my social life.

- benefits includes tuition reimbursement if my performance rating every month is satisfactory

-The job gets difficult when someone calls in sick, requires the current crew to work harder since we are missing a crew member

- I made a lot of friends among the other crew and it made work more enjoyable
Good hours
Front of the line server (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 January 2019
Good hours and benefits. Cowokers were great and management was good. It's a place where you can definitely advance. Good place to make money and learn new skills.
Pros
free meals
Cons
busy
It's okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC2 January 2019
If this is your first job or if you are only doing this part time, then this might be the job for you to start out, but if you are looking a permanent position or a full-time position, this is not the job to be considered. The work load here is insane whether you are working at the front of the house or the back of the house (which is even worse, cause you never stop cooking), the paycheck is not even equivalent to the amount of work that's being assigned to you. I understand that there's a 30 mins paid break and a free staff meal at each shift. But that's like nothing since you are working like a horse for the remainder of the time. The manager's never satisfied with what you are doing.
Pros
Free meal and paid break
Cons
Loads of work, long hours, barely amount of income
Very fun place to work
Kitchen Manager in Training /Take Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 January 2019
Preparations of food in the morning for the day.
make bowls/burritos according to customers needs.
clean up before the next shift starts.
Very chilled and fun place to work at.
Pros
well paid
Cons
long hours some times
Overall
Crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON yonge and dundas2 January 2019
Great place to work when you're not in a full-time school program.
Very good people to work with, be prepared to work with many different and outgoing people!

Management needs a bit of work, and probably training in some ways! but over its a great place to work at!
Pros
Fun, Great benefits, Friendly, outgoing staff.
Cons
Management, Favoritism, speaks another language on the floor.
Amazing first job in Canada
Food Preparation and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2018
Chipotle Grill was my first job in Canada and I was working in Square One Mississauga - it was amazing. Great team members and managers; but the best were the customers !
Pros
free lunches
the work Experience
team crew (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 December 2018
i am a crew member at chipotle mexican grill . i love working in here as per the salary i guess we are underpaid because the work load is more as compared to the money we earn as an Inernational student.
a fun environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
in the heart of downtown, it was always busy so you always had things to do. lunch rush was where you really bonded with your team members because everyone had to work together in a timely manner to achieve excellence.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long commute
Worst place ever
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 November 2018
Working here is a joke.
there is no trainer
store is dirty
managers don't know anything and gossip to much and sit in the office.
The GM is a kid who looks lost.
Pros
Free food
Cons
unprofessional work place.
good
line operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2018
Very fast pace and that is not my kind of work but personally but makes the shift go by fast. The schedule is one week in advance so that's not the best if you know you have activities coming up but the crew is amazing to work with. Free food always helps too.
Fun place to work
Trained as a Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 September 2018
Usually the place is really busy hence the day passes by really quickly. The work environment is really clean and so far my experience here has been great. All the managers are amazing and willing to help out in each and every way.
Sometimes the customers are really rude and to deal with them is no easy task.
Co-workers are very welcoming and they help you get trained as well. I am honored to be a part of such an amazing company.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Busy place
Made up of dedicated employees
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
Chipotle has an interesting culture, however when I worked there, the people were very dedicated to making the store A+ quality and delivering excellent customer service
Flexible with hours, reasonable & understanding staff/management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 August 2018
- The crew works together in a strong and efficient way each shift
- A normal day of work consists of having to get through multiple rushes as well as greeting all sorts of consumers and dealing with complaints when needed
- I learned how to time manage
- Staff members receive a free meal when working
Work/life balance for salary managers is awful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
They teach you everything you need to succeed in your position. Learning is every day and the team is regularly good with exceptions. You get free food while being on shift.
Pros
LEarn a lot about kitchen, team management, scheduling, ordering supplies, etc. You will have the opportunity to growth a lot.
Cons
Long working hours. Inefficient procedures, Too many rules that creates unnecessary stress and paranoia, Be ready to wash tons of dishes every single moment cause they dont have proper dishwashers, The communication is no effective within the team, Canadian and American Regional management bluffs in words and promises but don't really care
productive and really fun place to work at
cashier, (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
chipotle is a very good place to work at. we get a lot to learn here.the staff here is really friendly. everyone hepls each other with the stuff. clean anh hygienic place.
Poor management
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2018
They don't follow the procedures themselves. Even though my co-workers were experienced, they did things differently than what the manager had told me. One manager likes thing in one way, the other one in the other way. There's no uniformity. You don't even get time to drink water (someone calls for something if you do try to). Employees that had been working there took shortcuts (not drying the pans/bowls with paper towels and serving/preparing food immediately)
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Constant work, rude manager and even worse upper management which will blame you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K