Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 69 reviews matching the search See all 8,195 reviews
It's okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC2 January 2019
If this is your first job or if you are only doing this part time, then this might be the job for you to start out, but if you are looking a permanent position or a full-time position, this is not the job to be considered. The work load here is insane whether you are working at the front of the house or the back of the house (which is even worse, cause you never stop cooking), the paycheck is not even equivalent to the amount of work that's being assigned to you. I understand that there's a 30 mins paid break and a free staff meal at each shift. But that's like nothing since you are working like a horse for the remainder of the time. The manager's never satisfied with what you are doing.
Pros
Free meal and paid break
Cons
Loads of work, long hours, barely amount of income
Overall
Crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON yonge and dundas2 January 2019
Great place to work when you're not in a full-time school program.
Very good people to work with, be prepared to work with many different and outgoing people!

Management needs a bit of work, and probably training in some ways! but over its a great place to work at!
Pros
Fun, Great benefits, Friendly, outgoing staff.
Cons
Management, Favoritism, speaks another language on the floor.
Fun place to work
Trained as a Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 September 2018
Usually the place is really busy hence the day passes by really quickly. The work environment is really clean and so far my experience here has been great. All the managers are amazing and willing to help out in each and every way.
Sometimes the customers are really rude and to deal with them is no easy task.
Co-workers are very welcoming and they help you get trained as well. I am honored to be a part of such an amazing company.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Busy place
Work/life balance for salary managers is awful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
They teach you everything you need to succeed in your position. Learning is every day and the team is regularly good with exceptions. You get free food while being on shift.
Pros
LEarn a lot about kitchen, team management, scheduling, ordering supplies, etc. You will have the opportunity to growth a lot.
Cons
Long working hours. Inefficient procedures, Too many rules that creates unnecessary stress and paranoia, Be ready to wash tons of dishes every single moment cause they dont have proper dishwashers, The communication is no effective within the team, Canadian and American Regional management bluffs in words and promises but don't really care
Poor management
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2018
They don't follow the procedures themselves. Even though my co-workers were experienced, they did things differently than what the manager had told me. One manager likes thing in one way, the other one in the other way. There's no uniformity. You don't even get time to drink water (someone calls for something if you do try to). Employees that had been working there took shortcuts (not drying the pans/bowls with paper towels and serving/preparing food immediately)
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Constant work, rude manager and even worse upper management which will blame you
Very fun place to work
Kitchen Manager in Training /Take Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 January 2019
Preparations of food in the morning for the day.
make bowls/burritos according to customers needs.
clean up before the next shift starts.
Very chilled and fun place to work at.
Pros
well paid
Cons
long hours some times
Flexible with hours, reasonable & understanding staff/management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 August 2018
- The crew works together in a strong and efficient way each shift
- A normal day of work consists of having to get through multiple rushes as well as greeting all sorts of consumers and dealing with complaints when needed
- I learned how to time manage
- Staff members receive a free meal when working
a fun environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
in the heart of downtown, it was always busy so you always had things to do. lunch rush was where you really bonded with your team members because everyone had to work together in a timely manner to achieve excellence.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long commute
Amazing first job in Canada
Food Preparation and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2018
Chipotle Grill was my first job in Canada and I was working in Square One Mississauga - it was amazing. Great team members and managers; but the best were the customers !
Pros
free lunches
Energetic and friendly workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 July 2018
Working at Chipotle was great, as everyone on the crew got to know one another. We would strive to better one another, and help each other if they required help. Managers were very understanding with everyone's schedule and would try to ensure that everyone got the hours they wanted. The first few days were difficult, obviously to trying to learn and adjust to the work, but it soon becomes a routine. I felt that my experiences with working under pressure, working with a group, and customer service has improved greatly while working here.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Hard work
good
line operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2018
Very fast pace and that is not my kind of work but personally but makes the shift go by fast. The schedule is one week in advance so that's not the best if you know you have activities coming up but the crew is amazing to work with. Free food always helps too.
Busy & Tiresome with Poor Managment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NH17 June 2018
Working at Chipotle made me understand the tiresome drudge of working in the food industry. Although the management was very poor, I did get free food every time I worked. The management was so poor, that although I was trained to work on the line, the front of the house decided to make me fry tortilla chips all day, and not allow me to work on the line, despite the constant monotony of the job. When I closed, we often left way later than we were supposed to, and when we opened, since they made me fry chips, they gave me an impossible quota of chips to fry, in hopes of not wanting to listen to me at all.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Horrid managment
the work Experience
team crew (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 December 2018
i am a crew member at chipotle mexican grill . i love working in here as per the salary i guess we are underpaid because the work load is more as compared to the money we earn as an Inernational student.
Worst place ever
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 November 2018
Working here is a joke.
there is no trainer
store is dirty
managers don't know anything and gossip to much and sit in the office.
The GM is a kid who looks lost.
Pros
Free food
Cons
unprofessional work place.
personal opinion
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 June 2018
the most managers made me feel like the work I did was ever enough. Very disappointing when you're literally doing the best you can. Also, the distribution of work at my location did not seem fair.
Pros
free meal and organized structure.
Cons
Loads of work in comparison to the amount of pay
Made up of dedicated employees
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
Chipotle has an interesting culture, however when I worked there, the people were very dedicated to making the store A+ quality and delivering excellent customer service
productive and really fun place to work at
cashier, (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
chipotle is a very good place to work at. we get a lot to learn here.the staff here is really friendly. everyone hepls each other with the stuff. clean anh hygienic place.
Fun workplace with great coworkers
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 March 2018
I always looked forward to going to work because of the welcoming and fun environment. I had a very good relationship with all of my coworkers, we would always be helping each other out. Teamwork was always important. I loved learning new things and being able to interact with different people. It was a job where you did not have time to be tired because it required you to be on your feet and that is something I love.
I enjoyed working there but had a list of items that could've been improved.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 January 2018
I've grown with the company the past two and a half years. It has gone through many changes some for the better, some otherwise. I'd say they need to work on managing the time of workers, focus on raises and cross-training. And also, maintain the hours and schedules each week instead of changing it up. But the managers were aring and understanding. They're hard-workers. Chipotle gets very busy at times and we need to focus on delivering the best service.
Pros
Free lunches, 50% discount, casual, paid break
Cons
Standing job
A great place to work!
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2018
The working atmosphere was great. All my coworkers were friendly and my managers made it easy for me to be flexible with working hours. The work can get a bit stressful when it is busy but other than that, it is manageable and not to tiresome.
Pros
Free meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K