Children's Aid Society Employee Reviews

Productive and great work environment!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 April 2018
A great work environment! Very productive and was able to accomplish a lot every day at work! Great management and I built many crucial skills! Great workspace and office building
Fast paced, diverse
Student Placement, MSW (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
I enjoyed learning about child welfare and being exposed to the challenges children and youth live with. CAS is a fast paced environment which I loved. The most frustrating part of the job was not having enough time to work with families to make a significant difference as the case load was so heavy.
summer volunterring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON6 March 2018
i enjoy volunterring to better other peoples lives every little thing counts hardest part of the job is trying to get people attention people tend to walk by booths unless you give them free stuff
Perfect Place for a Legal Assistant
Legal Aid Assistant (contract assignment) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
I loved working at C.A.S.T. because it allowed me the opportunity to view court cases from another perspective. It was extremely interesting, after eight years in policing, to see the other side of the page. Very informative and skilled staff and would go back anytime.
awesome
Youth advocate, representative and spokesperson (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 November 2017
love it there. period. do work there regularly, and strive for a permanent career there after my schooling is finished. I work as a member of the youth advocacy comity and youth ambassador.
Not a good work environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON30 May 2017
was not a good work environment at all; there is lots of internal strife and struggle among the management and workers, there is a lot of power struggles and those who have knowledge refuse to help or share; the management is very bad and do not know how to treat each person fairly, work load is not shared and some workers esp. not full time get stuck doing most of the work. A lot of backstabbing and gossip, but little respect and co-operation.
Pros
Nice lunch room
Cons
Constant stress and no thanks for what you do.
i volunteered at the hamilton youth conference twice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM22 April 2017
it was an alright experience when i was there i set up chairs tables speakers lights helped carry equipment to where it needed to go also participated in activity's that they were doing to help raise the mood in the overall area
Pros
free snacks and drinks
Cons
there werent any it was great
emotionally draining
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
i already did this, i dont understand why i need to rewrite this again. the kids are great but emotionally it took its toll on me and this is why i am changing my career path at the moment.
Pros
kids are great
Cons
emotionally draining
Good volunteer driving job , if you like working with kids .
Volunteer driver (Former Employee) –  Winds26 November 2016
Crazy hours , sometimes your very busy, other times , your not . You work as much , as you want , or as little as you want , depending , on what they offer you . Must like driving, & a clean driving record . Should be a good driver , because your driving , precious children . Sometimes the driving, can be very challenging , the weather , or the children, or even the time frame . But very rewarding, if you love children . All the drivers are helpful & friendly .The staff are good & friendly .
A Great Confidence builder
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON14 October 2016
It was a great place to work to help build my self esteem and confidence. It made me feel I was doing something important in a day. It was an opportunity to build not only my self esteem but also my skills.
Pros
great confidence builder
Cons
hard on the feet
What a wonderful experience
Intake Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2016
The knowledge I gained about Data analysis will help me for the rest of my career. Truly an amazing place to work with lots of amazing knowledgeable mentors.
Pros
Cons
Limited FT positions
Many changes have occcured for fostering, not all being "in the best interest of the child"
Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
Fostering is a 24/7, where there are Children's Aid living in your home.
The hardest part is when they go onto adoption or return to their family.
I have loved fostering, but it has taken a toll with many children coming and leaving your home.
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 May 2016
I worked here for several years. Sometimes it was just our foster children I would take care of and other times I would take care of other kids while the other foster parents were in a meeting or listening to a guest speaker.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 February 2016
able to help students with literacy and numeracy, while assisting them with their in class activities and daily living routines. Pleasant people to work with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Being a foster parent is very rewarding
FOSTER PARENT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 January 2016
Working with the Childrens' Aid Society is very interesting. Never a dull moment. I have the respect of our team and as a team we work very well together.
Pros
Being able to help the children that need it.
Cons
All the truth is not given to the foster family, whether the worker was not given all information
Nice lunch room
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2015
Providing clinical care for children under Children's Aid Society supervision. The nurses were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone.
unproductive work environment
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston30 September 2015
not a good work environment. seems to be very little transparency. lots of internal strife and struggle among workers and management
Fun place to play at
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  cornwall ontario16 July 2015
mostly this job wasnt a job it was volunteer placement for 3 summers. I helped little kids get up on the bounce house slide, i handed out water bottles and food. Faced painted, I was part of the dunk tank. ( kids zone lift off )
I gave everyone a brown paper bag, made balloon animals for the kids, face painted, and also handed out food to the community. ( Break the Silence)
Pros
enjoyed seeing happy faces on the kids
Cons
long days
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Hamilton,On, Ca8 April 2015
I only help out when they are having a speaker coming in and need someone to watch over the kids while it was going on. I as well as a couple others would just play with the children and make sure that they behave.
Loved working there
Family support Access worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 March 2015
Loved working with the Social workers at the IWK they were amazing and compassionate . I developed good relationship's and received lots of hours from them . the work was very flexible so was a great part time job to have while working at the group homes.
Pros
flexible