Children's Aid Society of Toronto

Children's Aid Society of Toronto Employee Reviews

toxic environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2019
There needs to be change management from top-down! There are some extremely toxic individuals that make the working environment toxic, competitive (and not in a positive way), it's a very flat organization and there are no opportunities for career growth or advancement.
Pros
excellent health care benefits and pension
Cons
toxic environment, long hours, hard work goes unrecognized, no advancement
loved the job and staff. but got to the point stressful and to far to travel once they moved locations
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2019
worked there from January 1989 til December 2015. would love to go back and do something part-time. worked the reception desk and answered calls and organised visits mail packages and meetings.
CAS Foster parent
Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2019
I worked for the CAS as a foster parent for almost 17 yrs.
I've had over 75 children ages 0-11.
I can work in a high paced , stressful situations and Ive worked is a slow paced and relaxing environment.
Productive and comfortable work place
Kinship Assessment Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2019
Workplace culture is welcoming and open, there is room to grow within the agency, and the work is rewarding. Would suggest anyone interested in child welfare to consider applying here.
interesting place to be and work
Caseworker (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2019
I enjoy working because it a passion of mind to searve others. The experience and skill i gain i will deffinatly use in other work environment. The hardest thing about working in tsuch inviroment is not ablie to help eveone i served, but doing my best to assised and make the nessary connection for them is worth it.
in a project environment, upgrade of client endpoint, check point,
Deployment Specialist/End user support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2019
Supported hardware, network and, network issues, Active Directory, Exchange & SCCM, project work, Used Remedy and ServiceNow call tracking systems to log, track and manage Incidents and Service Requests. and other support duties
Prepared me for success
Child and Youth Worker Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
This placement experience prepared me for a smooth transition into the CYW field and I worked along some great CYW's who were very helpful with the transition from student to full time worker
Love it
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
I absolutely loved working here, however it can be stressful at times. I do not like how some employers treat the families they are working with. But i love to see when caregivers better themselves to gain custody of their child again.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Children's Aid Foundation was a great place to volunteer. From the golf tournaments and evening gala's to the bake sales and Teddy Bear Affair, it was very fulfilling to volunteer with an organization that give back to the community. Watching the look on kids faces as you provide basic necessities is a feeling that you cannot describe unless you do it yourself. Days can be long but are very fulfilling at the end of the day.
Pros
Working with kids, and raising funds for children
Cons
Productive and great work environment!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 April 2018
A great work environment! Very productive and was able to accomplish a lot every day at work! Great management and I built many crucial skills! Great workspace and office building
Fast paced, diverse
Student Placement, MSW (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
I enjoyed learning about child welfare and being exposed to the challenges children and youth live with. CAS is a fast paced environment which I loved. The most frustrating part of the job was not having enough time to work with families to make a significant difference as the case load was so heavy.
summer volunterring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON6 March 2018
i enjoy volunterring to better other peoples lives every little thing counts hardest part of the job is trying to get people attention people tend to walk by booths unless you give them free stuff
Perfect Place for a Legal Assistant
Legal Aid Assistant (contract assignment) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
I loved working at C.A.S.T. because it allowed me the opportunity to view court cases from another perspective. It was extremely interesting, after eight years in policing, to see the other side of the page. Very informative and skilled staff and would go back anytime.
rewarding
Temp Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 December 2017
was rewarding to make a Difference in a child's life.
Social Workers worked with me and we were able to assist his parents with workshops and info sessions to improve life fo the family.
awesome
Youth advocate, representative and spokesperson (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 November 2017
love it there. period. do work there regularly, and strive for a permanent career there after my schooling is finished. I work as a member of the youth advocacy comity and youth ambassador.
Not a good work environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON30 May 2017
was not a good work environment at all; there is lots of internal strife and struggle among the management and workers, there is a lot of power struggles and those who have knowledge refuse to help or share; the management is very bad and do not know how to treat each person fairly, work load is not shared and some workers esp. not full time get stuck doing most of the work. A lot of backstabbing and gossip, but little respect and co-operation.
Pros
Nice lunch room
Cons
Constant stress and no thanks for what you do.
i volunteered at the hamilton youth conference twice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM22 April 2017
it was an alright experience when i was there i set up chairs tables speakers lights helped carry equipment to where it needed to go also participated in activity's that they were doing to help raise the mood in the overall area
Pros
free snacks and drinks
Cons
there werent any it was great
emotionally draining
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
i already did this, i dont understand why i need to rewrite this again. the kids are great but emotionally it took its toll on me and this is why i am changing my career path at the moment.
Pros
kids are great
Cons
emotionally draining
Good volunteer driving job , if you like working with kids .
Volunteer driver (Former Employee) –  Winds26 November 2016
Crazy hours , sometimes your very busy, other times , your not . You work as much , as you want , or as little as you want , depending , on what they offer you . Must like driving, & a clean driving record . Should be a good driver , because your driving , precious children . Sometimes the driving, can be very challenging , the weather , or the children, or even the time frame . But very rewarding, if you love children . All the drivers are helpful & friendly .The staff are good & friendly .
A Great Confidence builder
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON14 October 2016
It was a great place to work to help build my self esteem and confidence. It made me feel I was doing something important in a day. It was an opportunity to build not only my self esteem but also my skills.
Pros
great confidence builder
Cons
hard on the feet