Children's Aid Society of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Good pay but uncomfortable atmosphere and lots of raw criticism and little supervision when learning
Part-time Receptionist and Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2018
While I really liked the work and have lots of experience and high secret clearance I was constantly being criticized by a member of the staff who was not my supervisor and not in a kind, informative way. 90% of the employees were great but a couple were against me when I walked in the door for no reason I could not do anything right in their eyes and they made it very rough for me until I left. Worst place I have ever worked in my long career.
Pros
I enjoyed the work and know I did a good job
Cons
Union, criticism, unfriendliness of some, back stabbers
Human Resources Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON4 October 2017
Very good staff and very well organized with an inclusive and welcoming environment. There mandate is to protect the children of Ottawa and they work hard to ensure all their staff have the appropriate resources needed to work effectively.
if you love to make a change this is it
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 July 2017
dealing with planning outings and events, made sure that the youth were able to have fun in the summer also while attending meetings that would benefit the lives of the youth in future events.
Child Protection Worker - Overflow Team (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2017
Great place to work. Excellent team members and work environment. Supportive supervisors and managers. Hardest part of the job is the nature of the job. Excellent things in place for worker well being and self care
work enviroment
Property Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape, but this is to be expected of an organization of this size.
overall very good place of employment
UNIT ASSISTANT Adolescent Protection Team (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2014
The Children's Aid Society provides a variety of services for children and families who are in need of extra support, care and access to special services.
As Unit Assistant in the Adolescent Protection Team a typical day included answering phones, arranging team meetings and/or family visits.
We were constantly opening and closing files which put a tremendous amount of strain on the social workers. I was there to support them in a variety of duties as needed.,
I learned about child welfare, social welfare and also how paperwork can become priority over actual care when government is funding an organization. That was the hardest part of the job, feeling like my hands were tied because of bureaucracy.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.The compensation and benefits are more than fair and the staff were offered the use of on site gym facility for a very minimal fee.
Pros
helping children and youth
Cons
long hours, difficult cases
amazing place of work, very rewarding... it also has a gym on site.
Unit Assistant Foster Care Training & Assessment (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2014
people are more often happy than not. It is a very rewarding place to work. It can get pretty stressful at times but everyone always helps eachother out. everyone always makes you feel like you are a true part of the team.

I would work at CAS anyday. I loved it there
in search
Access visits supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa2 February 2013
I am still learning about them. Counselling, issues in low income families...