CHILD DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE

CHILD DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Child Development Institute
+ the work is interesting and effective, two evenings are required although more is needed, working quarters are busy and crowded, paperwork is largely the most demanding part of the work
+ management has recently changed in the last few years and has become hierarchal and business focused, impersonal and at time abusive

+ the hardest part of the job is dealing with demanding supervisors who lack guidance and supervision skills as well as having low pay

+ the most enjoyable part of the job is the actual client work as the team becomes quite skills at specific therapeutic groups and supportive deescalation strategies as well as building its own trauma and attachment lens.
Na
I believe in what they are teaching.
Parents and children are benefiting from the program.

The programs available works only if the effort is made .
Good work/life balance, low salary, good opportunities for professional development
Good work/life balance, low salary, good opportunities for internal advancement, professional development and learning, strong corporate identity and culture
Toxic work environment
The primary directive is to increase the number of clients served without regard to the quality of the services and programs or the well-being of the front line staff. There is no support given by middle and upper management and instead, they lead with the attitude that “if you are not happy you can leave” which doesn’t exactly make for a very happy or healthy work environment.

HR has a reputation for being unethical.
Terrible experience
The employees here are very rude, and bully like. I would avoid working here by all means. Worst job experience ever. I would rate the CDI less than one star if it were possible.
great team
Great team and they all do amazing work there! Lots of opportunities
Contact Position
It was pleasant working there.
Busy and productive.

Travel to the office was difficult.

The people were very pleasant and helpful.

Everyone worked as a team.
Productive and fun
It was a fantastic job and an even more fantastic building. The management was a little dodgy but satisfactory work experience overall. I would recommend.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CHILD DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE?
Too many years ago to comment
Unfortunately Id feel uncomfortable in providing a review of this industry as I haven't worked there in many years. Many people have left and have not connected with them
happy place
always love working there everyone is always happy and in a good mood feel happy and feels like a family when im there ......................................
productive, competative, and fun
I had lots of fun and I am having a great experience thorough my job. Its little stressful environment as well in a sense that its relate to working with children and I always need to very aware of their well being and safety.
Pros
half an hour free lunch
Cons
lots of movement
Full of laughter and joy of helping children development and working with team members
My area of interest in Early childhood curriculum , the role of the adult in early childhood education , emotinal relatinships to teaching and learning and questions of diversity , equity and human rights in ECE . I love working with children because it makes my days full of laughter and joy. I enjoy helping children develop their independence and learn about the world around them !
Pros
Full of laughter and enjoy my time with kids
Cons
Full time /Part time work
Great Co-workers, fun atomspher with staff, clients, Overal great experience
Child Development Institute

A place to meet new, interesting individuals, productive, fun, and caring. However never a dull moment, especially when you meet parents and work with the children along side with staff as well as volunteers.
A place that teaches life skills
Child Development Institute teaches many problem solving techniques that can be used everywhere.
Productive and fun place
It was a pleasure to work at that institution with great co-workers.

The management team made you feel welcome.

A typical day was filled with lots of work but it was worth it.

The hardest part of the job was the steady pressure.

The enjoyable part was meeting deadlines.
Pros
free tea/coffee
Cons
long travel
Productive and cooperative office with friendly staff
Productive and fast paced
I learned Raiser's Edge database and used it for receipting and contact information.

Management was supportive

My coworkers were friendly and helpful

The hardest part of the job was the demand

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to use Raiser's Edge, which is now used by many organizations
Pros
casual attire, though businesslike
Cons
long hours with high demand