Chicopee Ski and Summer Resort Employee Reviews

Really fun
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2019
Really fun to work here always being outside and having a great time with the riders, always had the biggest lift so I knew all the regulars. was very fun.
Fun
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 February 2019
Fun, fast paced, but sometimes cold and stressful. Long hours outside can take a toll on you, but if you don't mind it you may really enjoy the job!!!
Pros
Free ski membership and ski discounts
Cons
Cold Weather
Laid Back Workplace
Ski Lift Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 August 2018
Laid back environment, very cold, not promised to be rehired the following seasons, even if you did an impeccable job. Not flexible hours, you would need to find someone to cover your shift if you could not come in, but everyone always worked the same shift every day so it became very difficult to be able to find someone to trade your shift with you.
Pros
Free passes
Cons
Very cold, not flexible hours.
Just Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 July 2018
the management was terrible. they always cancelled shifts or send you home early. bad working environment. they are also very unorganized. no one ever knew what was going on.
Good Job
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 May 2018
Good part time job at a busy place. Sometimes schedule was unpredictable because of weather. Good customer service experience as you deal with a lot of different people at all ages.
productive fun place to work
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 April 2018
I worked only on Saturdays but it was a fun place to work with a great atmosphere! My dad to day included loading and unloading customers along with some crowd control
Pros
Atmosphere
Fun work atmoshpere.
Rental Ski Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 June 2015
At Chicopee work felt like play. while working I often times would play tennis while teaching it. Or I would ski while at the ski shop. It was a very calm work environment with very understanding management. Overall a very good experience.
Pros
Fun work enviroment
Fun work, Great Co-workers
Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 May 2015
Lots of fun to work here if you like winter sports. Great work atmosphere. Good benefits like free membership. Weekly hour changes make a schedule tough.
Great Workplace with Amazing Benefits
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 September 2013
Would walk in at the beginning of the shift, put on apron and go to sink area, or grab a cloth and start wiping down tables in cafeteria.
Difficult for me at first as I wasn't used to having so many dishes pile up at once, but once I got the hang of things, the hours would go by fast.
Co-workers were a very friendly and fun to work with, and free equipment rentals and hill access were great benefits.
The fast-paced environment and lunch hour rush were a challenge to keep up with, but manageable.
Best part was having someone working the same shift, teamwork made everything faster and more enjoyable.
Pros
Free equipment rentals and hill access
Cons
Tasks piling up during rush hours
Wonderful place to work
Dishwasher, Food and Beverage Department (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2013
My typical day at work was a lot of fun. They had great people working there, and they made the day more fun. I took my job seriously but it was nice to have to have co-workers to show me to have fun. The hardest part of my job was working on the days that it was very busy and taught me to be quick and work better at a fast paste. The most enjoyable part of my jobs I've had were generally working there with co-workers. I also enjoyed dealing with customers and cleaning.
Pros
good hours, deals on meals, good pay.
Cons
no cons