Chickpea

Chickpea Employee Reviews for Line Cook

Line Cook1 review
Canada1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 8 reviews

Fun co workers but everything else SUCKS

I loved working with the people at chickpea. But the kitchen manager just bosses everyone around and doesn't do anything her self. It's normally 2 people running the plating side for a 90 something seat restaurant as well as all the food delivery services in Vancouver and walk in take out and call in take out. The wage they pay you is WAY less then you deserve for the ammount of work they put on you. The expect you to run the line during brunch hours by your self and do prep work. Which is incredibly stressful and hard to manage. They constantly cut you early. When I was working here I had to get a second job just so I could actually make decent money and not be broke all the time. They don't see potential in the hard working employees they do have. One of the highest turn over rates for a kitchen I have EVER seen. It's just over all not a good place to work. The owners really need to step it up and learn to take better care of their employees.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Everything but the co workers.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chickpea?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chickpea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Chickpea with

Chickpea reviews by location

Learn about Chickpea in popular locations

• Chickpea